British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn 2011

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Buster & JC

With the Brummies going up, can we sign Chris Kerr please? B)

Also, have you signed Travis McGowan yet? :P

Cheers

AJH

:lol:

I would have thought that Chris Kerr is the biggest gimmie in the Premier League next season. 8 point rider on a 5.5 (ish) average. Thus he wont be cheap. With Doolan having been shown the door for (allegedly) wanting too much money, can Buster justify including him ?

I'm surprised by the lack of official reaction to the AGM from the Stars promotion. Most teams have released something for their fans. Nothing on our website or Facebook page. Even that hasn't been updated since pre-AGM and that doesn't exactly take long to do :rolleyes:

Things have certainly gone down hill in that respect. We were always the first to get information out to people, publishing press releases and arranging supporters meetings.

Surely there must be something to tell us, even if it's just sledging that mob from over the border :D

Edited by ajh

I'm surprised by the lack of official reaction to the AGM from the Stars promotion. Most teams have released something for their fans. Nothing on our website or Facebook page. Even that hasn't been updated since pre-AGM and that doesn't exactly take long to do :rolleyes:

Things have certainly gone down hill in that respect. We were always the first to get information out to people, publishing press releases and arranging supporters meetings.

Surely there must be something to tell us, even if it's just sledging that mob from over the border :D

Agreed mate, it's sure gone downhill from what we were used to, maybe that's just it, we were always spoilt, one of the first to hear our full 1-7 announced, always a press release before meetings, and always keeping the fans informed what's going on.

But I am shocked we have heard nothing at all, and nothing on the FB page since last Thursday :blink:

Wassssss gewin on buoyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :D

Edited by crikeythatsfast

There is a report of an interview with Rob Lyons on the EDP24 website but it gives hardly information about what is happening with the Stars except to say that the management have had one meeting about possible riders and another meeting is planned. It does not say when this will be.

As you say, information for supporters has been very poor for sometime now. I would be interested to know who is responsible for giving out details but I suspect that it could be someone very close to Buster who seems to do very little to help the image of the club these days.

I'm surprised by the lack of official reaction to the AGM from the Stars promotion. Most teams have released something for their fans. Nothing on our website or Facebook page. Even that hasn't been updated since pre-AGM and that doesn't exactly take long to do. Things have certainly gone down hill in that respect. We were always the first to get information out to people, publishing press releases and arranging supporters meetings. Surely there must be something to tell us, even if it's just sledging that mob from over the border.

I've always thought the communication from the club with supporters has been pretty poor in all honesty. I try to keep my unofficial website as up-to-date as I can wherever possible, even if it means me going out and finding some news online somewhere else myself. I'd suspect that there is nothing to tell us :wink: I see once again that Rye House have completely sorted out their 1-7 already before anyone else has! That's pretty good going if you ask me.

I've always thought the communication from the club with supporters has been pretty poor in all honesty. I try to keep my unofficial website as up-to-date as I can wherever possible, even if it means me going out and finding some news online somewhere else myself. I'd suspect that there is nothing to tell us :wink: I see once again that Rye House have completely sorted out their 1-7 already before anyone else has! That's pretty good going if you ask me.

But up until this season just gone we used to get weekly emails about the upcoming fixture and news from the conference, this season however it's been sporadic to say the least and no communication since before the AGM :blink:

It's very odd.

I think the communication used to be up there with the best (spelling mistakes aside) but it has gone downhill fast. We were always innovative (Stars TV etc) but it's all just gone to pot. Now it's no press releases and a web site badly out of date. I know what it takes to keep these things updated and it seems that they are spreading themselves to thin with the football club commitments.

But up until this season just gone we used to get weekly emails about the upcoming fixture and news from the conference, this season however it's been sporadic to say the least and no communication since before the AGM :blink:

It's very odd.

Exactly, that's my point. You don't miss it if you've never had it so to speak. But like I said above, to go from one of the most professional and dynamic clubs in terms of communicating to the fans, to near silence is a bit strange and I don't think they can be surprised when fans wonder what's going on. They don't have announce the whole team in one go or even have a meeting, just give us their reaction to the AGM, reaction to Ippo coming down to the PL, analysing team options or whatever. Straight after the AGM is probably the one time in the close season when fans are clambering the most to know what's going on.

Some team news to be announced at end of the week, news via Stars facebook page.

Thanks SS - glad to at least see something.

Doesn't really answer many questions about a supporters meeting, the AGM, fixtures, or admission, season ticket and programme prices but at least it's a start :wink: Look forward to announcement at the end of the week B)