British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn 2011

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody post AGM has announced any signings in the Elite League as of yet as i suppose they can't at the minute with things still up in the air. If Lynn ARE announcing team news Monday then that makes me think they could possibly be staying where they are where the League structure is finalised. Could be wrong but we'll see.

From a selfish point of view i'm really hoping Lynn don't move up as i was so looking forward to the derbies.

Nobody post AGM has announced any signings in the Elite League as of yet as i suppose they can't at the minute with things still up in the air. If Lynn ARE announcing team news Monday then that makes me think they could possibly be staying where they are where the League structure is finalised. Could be wrong but we'll see.

From a selfish point of view i'm really hoping Lynn don't move up as i was so looking forward to the derbies.

Hope you are right, we too were looking forward to the derbies :)

Hope you are right, we too were looking forward to the derbies :)

Me too. A guaranteed 7 points a season against that pile of cack :lol:

According to the EDP Lynn will announce their septet monday...... http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/kings-lynn-stars/king_s_lynn_poised_to_announce_2011_line_up_1_739160

Is it just me that finds that article quite strange :blink:

That just seems a re-hash of what was put on the Stars Facebook page which says we will "confirm team news". There are no direct quotes from Buster, JC or Rob confirming that.

Surely you would just say we will be announcing our full lineup or our 1-7 if that was what we are doing? Team news could be a signing, which league, a new sponsor or anything.

Also, if we are doing a full team announcement, isn't that normally done at a fans forum? :unsure:

I can't imagine that we've signed an entire EL team in a week.

Must be staying PL.

Mmmmmm. I don't think so, why draw away from what they have always done since we have been in the PL, and that is announce the 1-7 to the fans at a fans meeting, and where the press are also invited?

I think, like AJH that this is not the announcement of the 1-7, but something more. If it is just to announce the new 1-7 for 2011, then I will be surprised.

It is so unusual for our promotion to not engage with the supporters, and that's what makes me think there could be more to this.

It is a press release from a news paper, and can be read in many ways, as said above.

The one and only post since the AGM and prior to today stated ''team news by the end of the week'' and now it's Monday. Will we hear then?

Agreed. If the article is correct there is no way a 1-7 Elite League team could be put together in such a short space of time.

Are they sure as to the set limit for the EL as I thought that was what the dispute was about?

The EDP say we will hear our 1-7 where as the short bit on the STARS FB page says ''team news''

I totally agree AJH, personally think EDP have it wrong and have just guessed thats what it means, I think it will be regarding EL or PL. Buster I think will always have a fan forum as he likes to hear what we have to say

Cheers. Glad it's not just me then :lol:

Not 100% sure Buster's always likes what the fans have to say, especially judging from the King's Lynn Town fan forums (not been, but from what I've been told) but it does seem daft to turn down a good few £££'s from takings in the off season from a packed fans forum :wink:

Just a thought having re-read the latest post on FB by the STARS, could it be that the reason for the delay until Monday is because there is another meeting over the weekend to discuss the problems in the EL?

Whilst the statement says they are sorry for the confusion and concern it has not been eleviated and they must know what they are going to be able to release on Monday, as why state it will be 12pm?

Just a thought and trying to make sense of things. :unsure: