British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn 2011

personally let him go now whilst we have plenty of time and find another rider that would commit to Lynn week in week out .

Personally, i agree with you on that one.Yes it would be great to see him race each week, but it is obvious where he really wants to ride. A certain young mr haines springs to mind who only really wanted to ride for wolves.

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why young Lasse seems to be coming in for all this stick.Surely any young rider with the class and ambition as he does will only use the Premier League as a stepping stone.

Darcy Ward done this last year.

The only problem i see is the BSPA not making him an asset of King's Lynn because he hasn't done 12 matches.It's the Bspa and their rules that need looking at not Lasse.

And i may recall i thought Peterborough were interested in him at the start of the season(i may be wrong it was 8 months ago).I know they must have took a look at him when he rode in the first challenge meeting at the showground.

I don't see why young Lasse seems to be coming in for all this stick.Surely any young rider with the class and ambition as he does will only use the Premier League as a stepping stone.

Darcy Ward done this last year.

Bad example. Darcy Ward was an asset to the club and we made a few grand out of that sale. When your a feeder club for the EL the least you should expect is a loan fee to be paid in.

The only problem i see is the BSPA not making him an asset of King's Lynn because he hasn't done 12 matches.It's the Bspa and their rules that need looking at not Lasse.

We can't alway blame the BSPA for everything. The Bjerre's & Peterborough knew the situation. Lasse only needs 1 more league meeting and then he becomes an asset. The Bjerre's could have said like Darcy Ward that King's Lynn is the club that has given him the chance so he'll stay signed to us. Darcy can be an idiot and I'm not his biggest fan at all but he made sure we came out OK from his sale.

And i may recall i thought Peterborough were interested in him at the start of the season(i may be wrong it was 8 months ago).I know they must have took a look at him when he rode in the first challenge meeting at the showground.

No idea. Yep, that's a first :lol:

You can't blame Lasse if Peterborough have offered good money.If somebody offered me better money than what i'm on now i would be gone like a shot.

And i disagree about the BSPA bit if it was the same rules for all teams this whole saga wouldn't even have been an issue.

Peterborough have a few assets that haven't even rode for them yet.I am sure there are some sweeteners for there PL clubs they are loaned to somewhere down the line.

With the Darcy situation did anybody actually give him an offer before his 12th match?With the way he was with the club at the end of season i am just glad he got past the 12th match,or else i am sure he would have done the same just to put one over the club.

Edited by tellboy

You can't blame Lasse if Peterborough have offered good money.If somebody offered me better money than what i'm on now i would be gone like a shot.

And i disagree about the BSPA bit if it was the same rules for all teams this whole saga wouldn't even have been an issue.

Peterborough have a few assets that haven't even rode for them yet.I am sure there are some sweeteners for there PL clubs they are loaned to somewhere down the line.

With the Darcy situation did anybody actually give him an offer before his 12th match?With the way he was with the club at the end of season i am just glad he got past the 12th match,or else i am sure he would have done the same just to put one over the club.

That's the things that gets my goat about all this, it's not a level playing field, and to me thats plain wrong.

That's the things that gets my goat about all this, it's not a level playing field, and to me thats plain wrong.

This whole asset situation needs looking at, any club in any League, if they "discover" or give "opportunities" to a "new" rider deserve to be compensated for there efforts. This 12 match rule appears now to be a situation being exploited by several clubs, its a grey area, that needs a little black and white adding to it.

This whole asset situation needs looking at, any club in any League, if they "discover" or give "opportunities" to a "new" rider deserve to be compensated for there efforts. This 12 match rule appears now to be a situation being exploited by several clubs, its a grey area, that needs a little black and white adding to it.

Agree totally CS

Agree totally CS

There are many parts of Speedway that need looking at. However while it is self governing, then cant see it happening. I recently read the Mike Lee book, and guess what people were saying the same about the people who run Speedway, back then. what has changed in 30 years ? Answer...sod all :mad:

There are many parts of Speedway that need looking at. However while it is self governing, then cant see it happening. I recently read the Mike Lee book, and guess what people were saying the same about the people who run Speedway, back then. what has changed in 30 years ? Answer...sod all :mad:

It's a real shame, and I can only see fans getting fed up of it and leaving the sport alone. The whole system (rules book etc) needs a massive overhaul by someone outside the BSPA, but who has experience of speedway in way, shape, or form. This overhaul might take months or even years, but I think it would benefit the sport hugely, make it more credible to the fans paying their hard earned each week.

Some of the systems in place are a joke, the rules are not only manipulated but broken at times. And until the make the rules and stick to them by the letter then it will continue to be looked at by us fans as a bit of a joke.

Edited by crikeythatsfast

Having a think as to next years side and I think it going to be a very cheap side as all the money has been laid out on having Bjerre in the team with hope on improvement (average 2011 +/-)

1, Topinka 7.64 (+1.5)

2, Roynon 3.85 (+2.00)

3, Smith 6.23 (+1.00)

4, Schramm 6.21 (+1.00)

5, Bjerre 7.00 (-1.00)

6, Mallett 3.80 (+1.5)

7, Lambert 3.47 (+2.00)

8, Knight 3.00

Total Average 38.20 (46.2)

Having a think as to next years side and I think it going to be a very cheap side as all the money has been laid out on having Bjerre in the team with hope on improvement (average 2011 +/-)

1, Topinka 7.64 (+1.5)

2, Roynon 3.85 (+2.00)

3, Smith 6.23 (+1.00)

4, Schramm 6.21 (+1.00)

5, Bjerre 7.00 (-1.00)

6, Mallett 3.80 (+1.5)

7, Lambert 3.47 (+2.00)

8, Knight 3.00

Total Average 38.20 (46.2)

Buster knows that after this season he needs to produce a side that will challenege for honours. He needs to get the people in, so has to offer an attractive side. My only concern is that if he isnt prepared to pay the going rate for Doolan ( if that is the case) then will he be treating all riders the same ? If you are right about the Lynn going for a price structured team, then you may have to throw the likes of Brundle and Allot into the mix. Oh what joy :rolleyes:

Buster knows that after this season he needs to produce a side that will challenege for honours. He needs to get the people in, so has to offer an attractive side. My only concern is that if he isnt prepared to pay the going rate for Doolan ( if that is the case) then will he be treating all riders the same ? If you are right about the Lynn going for a price structured team, then you may have to throw the likes of Brundle and Allot into the mix. Oh what joy :rolleyes:

I think there are a few Promoters struggling to pay the "going rate " which tells us some thing that we already know Certain riders are overpayed IMO given the economic climate.I think some fans are voting "with their feet " for that very reason.Machin has been saying this for years about the "senior riders" and I for one tend to agree with him.

I think there are a few Promoters struggling to pay the "going rate " which tells us some thing that we already know Certain riders are overpayed IMO given the economic climate.I think some fans are voting "with their feet " for that very reason.Machin has been saying this for years about the "senior riders" and I for one tend to agree with him.

I do not disagree, But Buster gets in decent crowds. It was stated in the Star in the Kings Lynn section, a few weeks back, that the crowds at The Norfolk Arena had help up during the past season. This despite a shocking season for The Stars ( compared to the last 5 seasons). Plus Buster is one of only a handful of Premier League Promoters who own their own track, so no rent outlay. He has also sorted out the Local Football Club, and apparently turn the ground into a much improved staduim. Plus shown his commitment by signing a couple of Players there on long term contrcts, which is a little Unusual at that level of Football. he obviuosly is not afraid to spend in certain areas.

:rolleyes:

I do not disagree, But Buster gets in decent crowds. It was stated in the Star in the Kings Lynn section, a few weeks back, that the crowds at The Norfolk Arena had help up during the past season. This despite a shocking season for The Stars ( compared to the last 5 seasons). Plus Buster is one of only a handful of Premier League Promoters who own their own track, so no rent outlay. He has also sorted out the Local Football Club, and apparently turn the ground into a much improved staduim. Plus shown his commitment by signing a couple of Players there on long term contrcts, which is a little Unusual at that level of Football. he obviuosly is not afraid to spend in certain areas.

You are right in that respect, Buster's " other interests" will always come in for critisism in some quarters if the Stars are not successful but thats life.

Riders over paid???? You have to be kidding right. If a heatleaders on £80 per point and averages 9.5 for 33 matches they just scrape over £25,000 a season. That is peanuts when you start counting the costs of buy equipment & servicing. I personally thing they should be earning twice that but there isn't enough people coming through the turnstiles to justify it.

Riders over paid???? You have to be kidding right. If a heatleaders on £80 per point and averages 9.5 for 33 matches they just scrape over £25,000 a season. That is peanuts when you start counting the costs of buy equipment & servicing. I personally thing they should be earning twice that but there isn't enough people coming through the turnstiles to justify it.

The point being there is not enough people coming through the turnstile,which you acknowledge.

However when you start to factor in such things as Sponsorship, overseas booking, Individual meetings, guest bookings, dole Money ( :wink: ) then it looks a little different. Plus dont forget you're average is worked on a 12 point system. Top riders most ly get 5 rides, Plus RR, and double pointers also. take a rider on £80 a point, he scores an 18 point Max, he earns £1440 not a bad nights work. Do riders no longer get start money ?

I and the others who we stand with have commented how we thought crowd numbers had dropped in the last few months of the season. But as we are never told officially, or the figures produced publicly (if they are ive never seen them) each week maybe we will never know how many go through the turnstyles week on week.

Edited by crikeythatsfast

I and the others who we stand with have commented how we thought crowd numbers had dropped in the last few months of the season. But as we are never told officially, or the figures produced publicly (if they are ive never seen them) each week maybe we will never know how many go through the turnstyles week on week.

I am sure the numbers did drop come the end of the season. Nothing depending on the meetings, cold weather, Poor season, race night changes. However I assume when it stated that the crowds held up, it was based on an overall average for the whole season. Plus dont forget the 7000 ( reported crowd) that came in for the Speedway World Cup. Which would impact on takings for food, beer etc sold in the season.

For the riders I have spoken to £80 a point is high I think you are looking at more £60-£70 for a Premier League heatleader and as for sponsorship there is a lot of riders out there that don't have any sponsorship or have lost sponsorship. When the purse strings need to tighten sponsorship is the first thing companies/people drop. Also in the Premier league apart from the Swedes and Danes I don't think there are many that race abroad. It is tough for the riders with all the costs going up and the points money going down, and no they don't get start money. I agree with screamer they are worth more than they get.