British Speedway Forum

Pawlicki And His Average Manipulation

Belle Vue have set a precedence because they did exactly the same in 2008 with Hougaard. He rode in 11 meetings and came in on a 4 point average in 2009 even though his 11 match average was higher. Don't remember anybody kicking up a fuss about that.

Ah but Belle Vue didn't steal Matts Title :rolleyes: Time to move on, stop feeding the Trolls. :lol:

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember, Poole just gave up at the end when it was clear the 12 points couldn't be made up.

Gave up, is that in the interests of the sport?!!!!!!!!!

The rule is NOT there to rest riders on a whim. It is there so that IF there is a clash with a meeting abroad (a Pole riding in a Polish League meeting) or a double up reserve riding for his Premier League club, Then the number 8 should be used.

Exactly where in the rules does it say this? Exactly - it doesn't - just the usual sour grapes rubbish being spouted!

Stitched up? Coventry have tried o stitch up the rest of the EL teams by leaving out Pawlicki from the Swindon meeting.

You are right. I do agree he shouldn't come in on a 5 average though. That would be wrong.

It should be 6.18.

It should be 4 - just like Madsen was this season. :rolleyes:

He somehow missed 13 chances to ride his twelfth match. Stitched up? No way - if ever there was a case for the Joe Screen Amendment to be implemented this is it!

:lol:

It does, a number 8 is a squad rider.

There is nothing in the rule book that says you have to use your 1-7 in every meeting.

It gets worse, im agreeing with SCB :lol:

Pawlicki, under the same circumstances as Madsen should retain his 4.00 average (if he isn't given an 11 meeting average) But Do two wrongs make a right?

Think the Bees will be made an example of over this, when clearly Poole gained this season by the same rule.

Is it right? if you make the rule CLEARER then there can be no ambiquity.

The rule is NOT there to rest riders on a whim.

Steve, i take it you can quote that rule that will back up that claim?

Steve

Poo le did exactly this last season with Joe Screen in order to manipulate averages and you saw nothing wriong with it then.

What's difference ?

precisely, nothing.

Should Pawlicki and Coventry gain by him "being wrapped in cotton wool"? If the rules are applied the same, Pawlicki is on 6.18 in 2011.

not at all, they get the same deal that allowed Madsen back on a 4 this season. I think thats fair.

And what happened? Screen had his average raised and the title race altered from 6 teams to 4. Nothing gained by it.

Should Pawlicki and Coventry gain by him "being wrapped in cotton wool"? If the rules are applied the same, Pawlicki is on 6.18 in 2011.

That was because your promoter & team manager decided it was ok to use a facility for him, Coventry did not. Get over yourself loser.icon_lol.gif

Edited by colincooke

That was because your pormoter & team manager decided it was ok to use a facility for him, Coventry did not. Get over yourself loser.icon_lol.gif

Now come on Colin you know better. There's an amendment to the rule book proposed for next season by Fat Maude. "For all future seasons it's OK for Poole to use the rule book to their advantage but any other team operating within the rulebook towards their own advantage, will be villified & brought to book".

Like most issues in speedway, don’t hate the player hate the game.

Coventry have done nothing wrong. The only problem with this will be if Pawlicki is given a 6.18 average next season.

I certainly don't hate Pawlicki. He is a very good gater so suits Coventry.

There's no problem either. Pawlicki will be on just over 6 for team building plans in 2011. Coventry will be looking around for 3 pointers to fill their reserve berths. Auty and ?

The hot line from Matt to his lapdog must be red hot by now!

I guess it's me you are calling a "lapdog".

For your information I haven't actually spoken to Matt since Poole rode the A fixture at Ipswich earlier this season. My thoughts are my own thanks.

There's no problem either. Pawlicki will be on just over 6 for team building plans in 2011. Coventry will be looking around for 3 pointers to fill their reserve berths. Auty and ?

If that's what you think keep guessing!

Wimbourne seemed to suit his style, really flew out the gate. Poole riders couldn’t get past him.

I wouldn’t be so sure he will be on a 6.00 average next season.

Now come on Colin you know better. There's an amendment to the rule book proposed for next season by Fat Maude. "For all future seasons it's OK for Poole to use the rule book to their advantage but any other team operating within the rulebook towards their own advantage, will be villified & brought to book".

:lol:

Pawlicki will be on just over 6 for team building plans in 2011.

On fairness grounds Pawlicki SHOULD be returning on his 4, just like Madsen did this year - given that he wasnt really a 4 either.

Classic photo, wjm biggrin.gif

Just slightly off topic but replying to Steve, Pawlicki made some brilliant cut backs at Poole, in heat 2, he saw a gap and took it.

If Pawlicki is on 6.18 or 5.98 or 5.00, I hope It's sorted quickly. It'll be unfair on Coventry if they plan to build a team around him, sign up other riders, then they suddenly have 2 points less than planned.