British Speedway Forum

Nominations 2011

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardly "sitting pretty", he was down around eighth place.

But to correct you he was 7th before Pedersen brought him down in the 7th GP in Sweden. I spoke with his team in Italy and his injuries were nasty with broken fingers on his clutch hand and injured ribs. Even you would have to agree that to carry on riding was to his credit. No surprise he went backwards having made the Cardiff final just 1 GP prior to injury.

I'd have said that seventh qualifies as being "around eighth place", wouldn't you?

Kołodziej was in third place in the race when his engine failed in Vojens. A third place would've seen him qualify (and GP failure Fredrik Lindgren miss out). We can all come up with excuses, but the simple fact is that out of the contenders Andersen has the weakest case. Nicki Pedersen is a three time world champion who ended the season strongly; Emil Sayfutdinov is the new sensation who won three GPs in the previous season and was third in the world; Andreas Jonsson won the final GP of the season; Janusz Kołodziej performed well in his two GPs, just missed out in the qualifiers and was near the top of the averages in the two major leagues.

I'd have said that seventh qualifies as being "around eighth place", wouldn't you? You imply he was hanging on for grim death but was, in fact, on an upward curve at the time of his injury with a final at cardiff and was going up the table. You said it was a stronger championship this year so, on that, he was doing well. Andersen started going down the table when he couldn't use his clutch hand to get out the start. With him, Pedersen and Emil injured it must have helped the other riders in mid table get more points in the last 5 GPs. I dont care who gets a card but get your facts right if your going to ctiticise a rider

Kołodziej was in third place in the race when his engine failed in Vojens. A third place he didnt get 3rd and bike failures are part of racing, that is his fault nobody elses, get a better mechanic or equipment would've seen him qualify (and GP failure Fredrik Lindgren miss out). Andreas Jonsson won the final GP A GP win when the title and top 8 were already almost certainly filled against 10 very modest GP's of the season; Janusz Kołodziej performed well in his two GPs, just missed out in the qualifiers and was near the top of the averages in the two major leagues. I agree but league form means nothing and he didnt qualify from the SGP system, tough

Edited by Mark

Bike failures are part and parcel of racing, but so are injuries. Andersen didn't qualify via the GPs and couldn't even be bothered to go through the qualifiers. As you say, tough. Failed last year, failed this year. He has the weakest case of all the contenders.

your really struggling now to come up with a proper arguement. back under the rock lad :P

Edited by Mark

your really struggling now to come up with a proper arguement. back under the rock lad :P

So, injuries that don't stop you riding are a good argument, but engine failures aren't a good argument? If my point isn't proper, neither is your's. Riders have lost the world championship due to engine failures (Jessup) and injuries (Collins), both are part and parcel of the sport.

So, injuries that don't stop you riding are a good argument, but engine failures aren't a good argument? If my point isn't proper, neither is your's. Riders have lost the world championship due to engine failures (Jessup) and injuries (Collins), both are part and parcel of the sport.

This is why a GP is more fair opposed to a one-off meeting. The world's greatest rider can also have an engine failure, as Golob did this year. Nominations aswell, but not at the expense of the QR.

Sayfudinof clearly has something to do in the GP's, but due to injury, has not been able to eiter qualify or make top eight, and most people wants to see Kolodziej next year, although he didn't qualify. But wild cards should be handed out based on merit only.

Well i am going to come on here and support Hans. He is not making up the injuries and also needs surgery like Crump does ( you should see the hand to know). He was doing ok till then and Nikki wasn't. Also months after the ribs still have been causing him problems and at Ippo he had treatment after the meeting. He was in agony. Still he carried on trying to ride when for two Gp's couldn't hold the clutch, so had to make adjustments which didn't help his starts. He rode for all his clubs and his scores suffered.

I hope he gets a place in the GP's.

Andersen's injury was caused by Pedersen's crash so wasnt his fault.

Kolodziej's bike was his own responsibility and his mechanics responisbility. Only his own team to blame.

That is the difference. Your point does not stack up.

A polish website has announed Kolodziej has a Wild Card spot for 2011.

Sayfutdinov , Pedersen, Jonsson + Kolodziej are in for next season.

yes itssportowefakty that says that Monday's FIm conghress in Macao decided to give wild cards to EMil S, Nicki P, Janusz K and Andreas J. However as mentioned before by others

in this thread, BSI/IMG still have the final say about the nominations so i would assume that its not 100% certain yet.

Edited by Ghostwalker

This is terrific news. Congratulations to BSI for seeing sense and doing away with "country quotas". Also the news that the wildcards will not necessarily be from the host country is a very positive step. Next year shapes up to be a highly competitive series. Watch my little man Kolodziej shake things up. Imagine a heat as follows. Sayfutdinov, Kolodziej, Holta and Gollob. Brilliant!!!

Regards. Alan.

Right decision in the end although I think Hans can think himself a little unlucky.

It must have been a tough choice for the organisers as so many of the 'big' stars finished outside the top 8.

I wonder if they ever considered doing away with the wildcard (for each round) and having that 16th spot as a permanent rider (so then Hans could have then been fitted in, as surely he was 5th choice)