British Speedway Forum

Newcastle Diamonds V Glasgow Tigers

Wow a Monarch riding at number 1 for the Tiggers - that will be tough for the Glasgow faithful to cheer for :wink: I'm sure if he rides as well as he has been recently and also because he likes Brough - he'll more than equal what Joe would've scored.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow a Monarch riding at number 1 for the Tiggers - that will be tough for the Glasgow faithful to cheer for :wink: I'm sure if he rides as well as he has been recently and also because he likes Brough - he'll more than equal what Joe would've scored.

Glasgow fans dont have a problem with Kevin, YH5-1. Our only beef with him is that he keeps missing his visits to Ashfield for continental commitments!

Now if it was one of your other riders, lets just say of american persuassion. Could you imagine the uproar lmao.

With the flying Wolbert in for Joe, I wouldn't be surprised if Glasgow made more of a match of it here than they did yeseterday. McGowan rides Brough well and Big Lee and JB can score here as well. The Diamonds will be looking for Dak to continue where he left off yesterday, particularly if we are using r/r.

Hope the track is good and they don't destroy it during the interval like last week.

Glasgow fans dont have a problem with Kevin, YH5-1. Our only beef with him is that he keeps missing his visits to Ashfield for continental commitments!

Now if it was one of your other riders, lets just say of american persuassion. Could you imagine the uproar lmao.

I'm pretty sure that even if Fish scored a full max and was the best rider there, it would still be his fault Glasgow lost :P

I spoke to Kevin on Friday night after the match against Somerset at Armadale and he told me he might be riding for Glasgow at Newcastle today (Monday).

I wonder how he knew then? Mind you he thought it was Travis McGowan he was replacing! Strange....I understand he's on his way to Newcastle even as I post this.

Edited by Merlin

I spoke to Kevin on Friday night after the match against Somerset at Armadale and he told me he might be riding for Glasgow at Newcastle today (Monday).

I wonder how he knew then? Mind you he thought it was Travis McGowan he was replacing! Strange....I understand he's on his way to Newcastle even as I post this.

Very mysterious.

Conspiracy theories could run riot with this one!

IF Travis McGowan had been missing (and ONLY Travis), then it would have been R/R!

:shock: I knew what you were going to say too Big Tsu!It's uncanny!I'm only sorry i'm not a betting man... ;) Btw it's not only flyin' Ryans testimony to your 'wonderful' racetrack i'm going by..I could fill out dozens of others!Including.. :shock:Some of your own riders past and present!!

Brough Park track come in for some heavy criticism at times, Newcastle fans will always refer to the Kevins Wolberts etc who say the track is fine and away supporters will always refer to riders who don't like the track. If there is a problem with the track lets not bury our heads in the sand or the shale and find out what it is and if there is anything put it right.

I have read on many other threads from the great and the good with all knowledge on speedway that clubs who own their own tracks are very fortunate as they can access the track for preperation whenever they wish, Newcastle on the other hand are not so fortunate as they can access the track only on the day of racing and therefore are handicapped in track preperation by lack of time.

This is not a theory I hold dear, there must be sufficent time to prepare the track as we take a few hours out the day to deliver a well structured training program to young people, I am not knocking this as I can see how a well structured educational training program can identify and develope youngster who may well end up riding for the diamonds, but there must be time to prepare the track in the rest of the time or the promoters wouldn't allow this to happen.

What about equipment, Newcastle seem to have as much equipment as other tracks and is used regular. what about the people preparing the track, they seem very experienced and have produced tracks at times that have produced really good racing and been admired by a lot of riders, sure they have produced some poor tracks in bad weather conditions, but who hasn't.

Not really sure there is anything else to look at other than there may just be nothing wrong with the track and as usual some supporters and riders are just looking for excuses, make up your own mind!!

Edited by maxpax

IF Travis McGowan had been missing (and ONLY Travis), then it would have been R/R!

but the normal sh!t stirring dosent want u to know that. dont u know glasgow are supposedly everything evil The Abbott and lets stick the boot in at every opportunity claiming rider knowledge and inside info at the same time? looks like this latest bit of mis information posted as fact hasnt been thaught out right and its not Glasgow thats been the ones to be caught out :mad:

but the normal sh!t stirring dosent want u to know that. dont u know glasgow are supposedly everything evil The Abbott and lets stick the boot in at every opportunity claiming rider knowledge and inside info at the same time? looks like this latest bit of mis information posted as fact hasnt been thaught out right and its not Glasgow thats been the ones to be caught out :mad:

That was (kind of) my point!! But I thought I would let a Glasgow fan point it out! :wink::lol:

That was (kind of) my point!! But I thought I would let a Glasgow fan point it out! :wink:

cheers m8 :wink:

nice to see other clubs noticing it too :approve::D

Nothing sinister at all in Merlin's post, just as usual some paranoid Weegie ready to slag off Edinburgh again.

Glasgow were unsure earlier last week about whether McGowan and Branney would be available, hence why they took the precaution to enquire as to Wolbert's availability should both be unable to ride.

Of course Abbott conveniently ignores that Branney was also doubtful (perhaps still smarting from being found out about Andrew Tully's apology, that never was ) so stirs it and an X-rated Weegie takes the bait :shock:

Reckon Diamonds by 18 points but Glasgow have riders which can ride the track well. Shame about no Screen looking forward to watching him.

rubbish stirring....what rubbish stirring? I reported a conversation which actually took place - I don't make that sort of thing up! and resent the implication that I did. Kevin said that he might be riding at Newcastle on Monday night when I asked him about where he would be this coming week. He also said that he would here all week so would be at King's Lynn on Wednesday, Armadale on Friday, Stoke on Saturday and Ashfield on Sunday.

I was surprised to say the least that Kevin thought he might be at Newcastle. He said he thought it was for McGowan (with emphasis on the thought) but it may be that Glasgow were worried about being two riders short (apart from Screen) with McGowan reportedly only half fit and perhaps one of the others also not fully fit - (Dicken, for example).

However I can well understand you being a bit touchy these days after Glasgow's recent dismal results.

Edited by Merlin

Nothing sinister at all in Merlin's post, just as usual some paranoid Weegie ready to slag off Edinburgh again.

Glasgow were unsure earlier last week about whether McGowan and Branney would be available, hence why they took the precaution to enquire as to Wolbert's availability should both be unable to ride.

Of course Abbott conveniently ignores that Branney was also doubtful (perhaps still smarting from being found out about Andrew Tully's apology, that never was ) so stirs it and an X-rated Weegie takes the bait :shock:

Actually, I think you will find that there WAS something sinister in Merlin's comment - even though most "Weegies" seem to be paranoid these days!!

He posted:

"I spoke to Kevin on Friday night after the match against Somerset at Armadale and he told me he might be riding for Glasgow at Newcastle today (Monday).

I wonder how he knew then? Mind you he thought it was Travis McGowan he was replacing! Strange....I understand he's on his way to Newcastle even as I post this."

The implication of the comments "I wonder how he knew then" and "Strange" suggests that there WAS something sinister going on. Someone has pointed out that he wouldn't have replaced McGowan as that would only have been r/r and he also couldn't have come in as a guest if both Dicken and Branney had been out as his average is too high.

So, either it WAS planned for both McGowan and either Dicken or Branney to be missing so that Glasgow could have a guest OR Screen deliberately got himself concussed yesterday so as to be ruled out on medical grounds today.

I don't believe that about Screen so there MUST be something "strange" going on. Or have I missed something here???

Actually, I think you will find that there WAS something sinister in Merlin's comment - even though most "Weegies" seem to be paranoid these days!!

He posted:

"I spoke to Kevin on Friday night after the match against Somerset at Armadale and he told me he might be riding for Glasgow at Newcastle today (Monday).

I wonder how he knew then? Mind you he thought it was Travis McGowan he was replacing! Strange....I understand he's on his way to Newcastle even as I post this."

The implication of the comments "I wonder how he knew then" and "Strange" suggests that there WAS something sinister going on. Someone has pointed out that he wouldn't have replaced McGowan as that would only have been r/r and he also couldn't have come in as a guest if both Dicken and Branney had been out as his average is too high.

So, either it WAS planned for both McGowan and either Dicken or Branney to be missing so that Glasgow could have a guest OR Screen deliberately got himself concussed yesterday so as to be ruled out on medical grounds today.

I don't believe that about Screen so there MUST be something "strange" going on. Or have I missed something here???

I think you're reading too much into this - see previous post just before yours. It may be that Glasgow were simply making contingency arrangments for the possibility that McGowan may not have been fit for Monday and that there may have been another absentee.

It just occurred to me at the time it was strange that he should be approached on the Friday about a match on the Monday for a team which was at full strength on the Sunday.

If, for example, McGowan and Branney had been missing today then, even if Screen had been fit, Wolbert could have guested for McGowan since his average is lower and Glasgow could have used R/R for Branney.

Edited by Merlin

well with the kaiser guesting this evening at least we will have 1 rider in the away side trying to win the meeting unlike the other 6 who again will mess about and deliberately pack up and trail in last to stop the monarchs winning the league. not that i am complaining as it will make it a whole lot sweeter when we win it through in glasgow and king fisher treats all the monarchs faithful to a few laps of honour.lol

rubbish stirring....what rubbish stirring? I reported a conversation which actually took place - I don't make that sort of thing up! and resent the implication that I did. Kevin said that he might be riding at Newcastle on Monday night when I asked him about where he would be this coming week. He also said that he would here all week so would be at King's Lynn on Wednesday, Armadale on Friday, Stoke on Saturday and Ashfield on Sunday.

I was surprised to say the least that Kevin thought he might be at Newcastle. He said he thought it was for McGowan (with emphasis on the thought) but it may be that Glasgow were worried about being two riders short (apart from Screen) with McGowan reportedly only half fit and perhaps one of the others also not fully fit - (Dicken, for example).

However I can well understand you being a bit touchy these days after Glasgow's recent dismal results.

intersting that when caught out both come back with the REAL explanation which they both conveniently ignored when implying something else for the chance to have a good old dig at glasgow and infer they have been up to something. sad really but there ya go. wendy and the abbott noticed too. whats the meaning of the phrase hoist by ur own petard again? or economical with the truth?

nice touchy response from monarchs land with the attempt thrown in to blame the abbott for not knowing about branney perhaps not being fit. you couldnt make it up. oh wait a minute yes u could :D

He posted:

It was plainly and unambiguously stated in my post :-

But rather than accept this you go wittering on with petty insinuations about Merlin.

Why not accept the reason why Kevin Wolbert mentioned this before Sunday.

There was nothing improper in Glasgow making contingency enquiries in advance, what was coincidental was that Wolbert was drafted in as a guest for a different reason (Screen's concussion).

What a sour faced lot some Glasgow fans on here really are, a Monarchs riders is drafted in to assist, and a respected Edinburgh fan gets accused of implying there "was something sinister going on."

I'm afraid Wendy the only thing sinister here is your warped interpretation of what Merlin actually stated.

Still I suppose it's only forums that Tigers fans believe they are capable of point scoring these days :P

intersting that when caught out both come back with the REAL explanation which they both conveniently ignored when implying something else for the chance to have a good old dig at glasgow and infer they have been up to something. sad really but there ya go. wendy and the abbott noticed too. whats the meaning of the phrase hoist by ur own petard again? or economical with the truth?

nice touchy response from monarchs land with the attempt thrown in to blame the abbott for not knowing about branney perhaps not being fit. you couldnt make it up. oh wait a minute yes u could :D

Aye X-Man just make up porkies as you go along.

Like to quote which alleged earlier post I made regarding the highlighted ?

Or should we make allowances for you being unable to comprehend the truth :rolleyes: