British Speedway Forum

Sgp Race Cards - Croatian

I've put together my first SGP race card for Saturday's Croatian grand prix. Once the draw has been made tomorrow i'll provide a direct link.

I think all three main providers of the race cards now give distinct formats to cover most tastes without having to duplicate or change features to match others.

I've done mine in my usual 'Score-As-You-View' style and added specific new features for the SGP competition. One can fill in as much or as little of the available info as one desires.

As with previous cards for the World Cup and SGP Challenge i use extended colour coding and capitalization of rider's surnames to make for quick scanning of the card. In addition to the traditional score grid, for the SGP, i've added fields next to each rider for accumulative meeting and series scores for each race. To enable speedy filling in of these i have added a colour link to a rider's next race. It only takes a second to scribble the running totals in for their next heat.

Current GP standings are listed with a space to add the new total after the meeting is over. If it's your thing, there is a grid for accumulative gate points and gate wins.

Draw has been made and direct link to race card

'Score-As-You-View' 2010 Croatian GP Race Card

Edited by manchesterpaul

I've put together my first SGP race card for Saturday's Croatian grand prix. Once the draw has been made tomorrow i'll provide a direct link.

I think all three main providers of the race cards now give distinct formats to cover most tastes without having to duplicate or change features to match others.

I've done mine in my usual 'Score-As-You-View' style and added specific new features for the SGP competition. One can fill in as much or as little of the available info as one desires.

As with previous cards for the World Cup and SGP Challenge i use extended colour coding and capitalization of rider's surnames to make for quick scanning of the card. In addition to the traditional score grid, for the SGP, i've added fields next to each rider for accumulative meeting and series scores for each race. To enable speedy filling in of these i have added a colour link to a rider's next race. It only takes a second to scribble the running totals in for their next heat.

Current GP standings are listed with a space to add the new total after the meeting is over. If it's your thing, there is a grid for accumulative gate points and gate wins.

Thank you, but can you please tell me how to get rid of the noughts in the rider score columns?

I can't seem to delete them.

Thank you, but can you please tell me how to get rid of the noughts in the rider score columns?

I can't seem to delete them.

I'm presuming you are not referring to the 'circles' in the gate points/wins grid as you specifically said 'riders' column.

The first three columns after the riders name in the heats are heat points, total meeting points and total series points. For the beginning of the meeting (first four heats, the first round of rides i prefilled in the latter two columns for convenience. Going into their first ride the riders obviously have zero points. Their series points are also known so i added them as well. They are hard coded in so one can't remove them.

The card is designed so that you can fill in as much or as little of the sections as you so wish.

I'll be adding an email to my speedway site for feedback in a day or so. If anything in the race cards displeases or pleases all views are taken on board. It's my first shot at doing one.

Edited by manchesterpaul

You're welcome. All the tedious work has now been done in compiling this first one ever. In the future it's no sweat at all just possible minor tweaks and the entering in of the meetings riders and the series standings. The server is the only one grafting now lol.

These are great and its brilliant to have choice.

But I still use the one Steve Turner produced a couple of years back. It is an excel programme and links all of the GP's together and gives you a running total for the whole season.

I like DW and Gambo's for ease of use, but Turners can be used on the lap top as the meeting progresses and calculates the score as you go.

But thanks to all programme designers for putting the effort in for us mere mortals / lazy sods!!!icon_smile_wink.gif

These are great and its brilliant to have choice.

But I still use the one Steve Turner produced a couple of years back. It is an excel programme and links all of the GP's together and gives you a running total for the whole season.

I like DW and Gambo's for ease of use, but Turners can be used on the lap top as the meeting progresses and calculates the score as you go.

But thanks to all programme designers for putting the effort in for us mere mortals / lazy sods!!!icon_smile_wink.gif

I recomend The KanDysoft Microsoft Excel version. Detailed and accurate calculations. I have used it throughout this years SGP Series and I will be buying the version for next year.

Good job Gambo!!!! :)

I recomend The KanDysoft Microsoft Excel version. Detailed and accurate calculations. I have used it throughout this years SGP Series and I will be buying the version for next year.

I'm tight - Steve's was free. icon_smile_wink.gif

That said - Kandysoft is an excellent service and is used by all the top TV presenters apparently icon_lol.gif

I'm grateful to all the authors for their efforts, and have used the Danish version for everything but the GP's.

I always use the Star for the televised GP's, (even use it at Cardiff!)

BUT..........for those that are not aware and have the necessary technology, there is now an i-phone app for GP's which enables you to enter the heat results as you go, and it automatically updates the running scores/qualifiers etc.

Not for everyone, but a high tech scorecard for those who want it..........

Thanks for your kind words, Nadroj46,

Providing there are no changes to the format or number of rounds, this year's GP_2010 Spreadsheet can be used again in 2011.

That's 22GP's that you can follow live (or print a racecard) for just £6.

ATB

Dave

Sheer lack of time prevents me from doing so this season, however, if i can find the time i will gladly make available TOTALLY FREE to everyone my own GP spreadsheet that i use.

Again and again it has proved far more accurate than the information given to you by the background staff and commentators at the Sky tv studio. Do you remember recent comical blunders such as these that i referred to a little while ago?

'Very surprisingly, even Sam and the studio team were guilty of a comical blunder surrounding the qualifiers. They were genuinely surprised and stunned to see Nicki Pedersen walk up to collect his starting grid placard. They had been prattling on for over five minutes or so totally ignorant of their mistake.'

'Tonight was just plain comical. Ad nauseum they repeatedly said Golllob and Hampel were level at the top of the series standings......noooo! they weren't! To be honest one didn't even need a spreadsheet to work out the points of the riders, they went through the workings and still got it wrong!'

'....when it comes to them working out the impending semi-final qualifiers they often get the permutations wrong. At least i'm safe in the knowledge of always being aware of what IS at stake for each rider in the final round of races.'

I'm no computer expert but even i've managed to cobble up an impressive spreadsheet for the SGP that updates everything after each race faultlessly.

Enter the race result in 3,2,1,0 and whatever letters you personally prefer for engine failures, falls and various types of exclusions and hey presto;

1. The traditional score grid gets filled in.

2. Another view has the traditional score grid with riders sorted in order of total points.

Crucially, tied riders are obviously sorted by race wins, second and third places with, as per rules, a non-finish ranking lower than a last place.

3. The series table is instantly updated and sorted in points order.

4. Every single heat has next to the riders name the accumulative meeting and series points

Most of all it will be 100% FREE.

Edited by manchesterpaul

Sheer lack of time prevents me from doing so this season, however, if i can find the time i will gladly make available TOTALLY FREE to everyone my own GP spreadsheet that i use.

Again and again it has proved far more accurate than the information given to you by the background staff and commentators at the Sky tv studio. Do you remember recent comical blunders such as these that i referred to a little while ago?

'Very surprisingly, even Sam and the studio team were guilty of a comical blunder surrounding the qualifiers. They were genuinely surprised and stunned to see Nicki Pedersen walk up to collect his starting grid placard. They had been prattling on for over five minutes or so totally ignorant of their mistake.'

'Tonight was just plain comical. Ad nauseum they repeatedly said Golllob and Hampel were level at the top of the series standings......noooo! they weren't! To be honest one didn't even need a spreadsheet to work out the points of the riders, they went through the workings and still got it wrong!'

'....when it comes to them working out the impending semi-final qualifiers they often get the permutations wrong. At least i'm safe in the knowledge of always being aware of what IS at stake for each rider in the final round of races.'

I'm no computer expert but even i've managed to cobble up an impressive spreadsheet for the SGP that updates everything after each race faultlessly.

Enter the race result in 3,2,1,0 and whatever letters you personally prefer for engine failures, falls and various types of exclusions and hey presto;

1. The traditional score grid gets filled in.

2. Another view has the traditional score grid with riders sorted in order of total points.

Crucially, tied riders are obviously sorted by race wins, second and third places with, as per rules, a non-finish ranking lower than a last place.

3. The series table is instantly updated and sorted in points order.

4. Every single heat has next to the riders name the accumulative meeting and series points

Most of all it will be 100% FREE.

I must say a big thanks Paul that was a very good racecard to fill in has all the info u require for a GP Well done :) !!