British Speedway Forum

Ice Racing 2011

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26-27 February mate :)

Oh and by the way, Johnny Tuinstra is going to race again after a break last year, woohoo :).

You meant the World Champs, my mistake...

Antti Aakko has made a switch in his domestic club from a life time(?) Oulu rider to Idän Ritarit (Eastern knights, close enough) from Joensuu.

The countries for the Team Cup in Berlin... Austria, Germany, Holland, Russia, Finland, Czech Republic and Sweden.

Isn't there a qualifying round or semi-final this year?

I am told that Poland wants to enter a team in the Ice racing world cup and are prepared to stage the qualifying round. The idea was that seven teams wouuld contest this qualifyer and five progress to the world cup finals in Berlin, where the hosts Germany and cup holders Russia are seeded.

The two extra nations needed to do the qualifyer are obviously Poland and Switzerland, who have applied for participation in this competition for several years now.

Isn't there a qualifying round or semi-final this year?

I am told that Poland wants to enter a team in the Ice racing world cup and are prepared to stage the qualifying round. The idea was that seven teams wouuld contest this qualifyer and five progress to the world cup finals in Berlin, where the hosts Germany and cup holders Russia are seeded.

The two extra nations needed to do the qualifyer are obviously Poland and Switzerland, who have applied for participation in this competition for several years now.

FMS and PZM were denied a place in ice racing World cup. Only seven teams straight to the final.

Guess the FMS isn't too pleased with the FIM as they asked for 6 places in the qualifiers and only got 2 and not a team place in the Teams world championship :unsure:.

Which really is a scandal in my eyes. Even the Ukraine have got 2 places this year, who have no real background as an ice racing nation, no meetings in their country and to the best of my knowledge there is only one rider, Oleg Dozaev.

Why the Swiss are treated like that I don't understand. They do stage ice racing each year and have a number of riders (more than the Netherlands for example), but are not given a fair chance to compete.

...Even the Ukraine have got 2 places this year, who have no real background as an ice racing nation, no meetings in their country and to the best of my knowledge there is only one rider, Oleg Dozaev...

In the season 2009-2010 in motorcycle racing on ice Ukraine was represented by another racer Russian Nikolay Kaminskiy, who spoke on the Ukrainian license...

From what I could gather last year, Kaminski decided against riding in the Russian Championships last year, preferring to take out a Ukrainian Licence. He didn't disgrace himself, as he had to get through the qualifier first, and did so with ease. But it could be argued that the Russian Championship is tougher than the World Championship, and by having a guaranteed slot in a qualifier on a Ukraine Licence was easier than battling through on a Russian Licence.

The FIM are supposedly trying to expand the sport, but appear to favour the established nations. We know the FIM are a law unto themselves, but a WTC qualifier wouldn't be too hard to fit in.

Not yet mate, but I think it will be in Russia again.

The first day (today) of the Amur Region championship has been postponed to Tuesday, they will race tomorrow though. They are still waiting for the Swedish and CZ riders as there were some problems on the road or something.

Not yet mate, but I think it will be in Russia again.

The first day (today) of the Amur Region championship has been postponed to Tuesday, they will race tomorrow though. They are still waiting for the Swedish and CZ riders as there were some problems on the road or something.

Looks like it was a sudden warm spell that made the track unridable. Reading the Russian Forums, it looks like all the riders are there but the track started to thaw on Thursday. They have been frantically working on it!

Result of today (round 1):

1. Nikolaj Krasnikov (3 3 3 3 3) 15

14. Daniil Ivanov (3 3 3 2 2) 13

15. Dmitri Khomitsevich (2 3 3 2 2) 12

6. Vitaly Khomitsevich (3 2 2 3 1) 11

3. Stefan Svensson (2 1 2 3 2) 10

5. Ivan Ivanov (2 0 2 2 3) 9

11. Roman Akimedo (3 2 0 2 1) 8

13. Antonin Klatovsky (1 1 3 X 3) 8

2. Gunter Bauer (1 1 1 3 0) 6

7. Peter Shevshenko (1 0 1 1 3) 6

16. Andrej Selifonov (0 2 1 1 2) 6

9. Jan Klatovsky (X 2 1 1 1) 5

10. Andrej Ivanov (2 0 2 0 0) 4

12. Anatoly Komarov (1 3 X 0 0) 4

8. Per Olov Serenius (0 1 0 1 1) 3

4. Alexander Kotylar (0 X X 0 0) 0

The season has finally started :approve::approve:.

Amur Championship R1 Mayors Cup:

Nikolai Krasnikov 30 (15+15),

Daniil Ivanov 27 (13 +14),

Dmitri Khomitsevich 25 (13+12),

Stefan Svensson (Sweden) 19 (8+11),

Vitaly Khomitsevich 19 (11+8),

Roman Akimenko 19 (8+11),

Ivan Ivanov 16 (9+7),

Gunter Bauer (Germany) 14 (7+7),

Peter Shevshenko 13 (6+7),

Antonin Klatovsky (Czech Rep) 13 (5+8)

Anatoly Komarov 10 (4+6),

Andrej Selifonov 9 (6+3),

Per Olov Serenius (Sweden) 8 (3+5),

Andrej Ivanov 6 (4+2),

Igor Kononov 5 (nr+5),

Jan Klatovsky (Czech Rep) 3 (2+1),

Vladislav Litvinov 2 (0+2),

Juri Polikarpov 1 (nr+1),

Alexander Kotlyar 1 (1+nr),

Roman Pavlenko DNR

EDIT Correct Results from Ijsspeedway Assen

Looks like they have a somewhat complicated meeting with some riders in one meeting and not in the other, but once again, Nikolai Krasnikov shows what a rider he is!

Edited by Conkers