British Speedway Forum

Ice Racing 2011

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a real shame.After his performance in Berlin i was looking forward to seeing him again.Hope he comes back even better next year

Got to agree. he looks a good prospect for the Finns - any idea who will replace him at Inzell?

Given a couple of years I'd say he'll be better than Aakko.

In speedway it would be someone from his quali so Tuinstra, J. Klato or Serenius, in that order. But this is ice racing...

Mats Järf was just on TV for full fifteen minutes with an (sort of) indepth interview. Seem's even more committed than I thought and pretty much talked about the "right stuff". By this I mean how he's gonna work harder to beat the Russians instead of moaning how they are pro's and he's not. So definately, he's coming to the world scene big time in the next few years. :approve:

Not sure mate, the Assen website reported that it was quite a blood bath in Berlin with Jan's wrist. He's on the FIM starting list so I reckon that he should be ok to ride.

Klabo thought his brothers season was over for 2011 when we spoke in Assen, but then again, Jan is as mad as his brother so who know?

FIM have confirmed Jan Klatovsky to replace Mats Järf after all. Maybe he'l just tootle around at the back on Sunday.

Wondering which Krasnikov will turn up - the happy one who won the World Championship in 2009/10 or the sullen one that left Assen two weeks ago?

Lars + Jacky are in Inzell at the hotel and say it was a bright blue cloudless sky and +18°C!!!!!Not really Ice Racing weather mate,but they were in the Biergarten drinking away.I think we might be in for a good weekend if the weather stays like that B):P

Lars + Jacky are in Inzell at the hotel and say it was a bright blue cloudless sky and +18°C!!!!!Not really Ice Racing weather mate,but they were in the Biergarten drinking away.I think we might be in for a good weekend if the weather stays like that B):P

I think we can safely say the Track wont melt - have a look at the Stadium Here Its all in Dutch but you can see inside the place.

See you at Munchen Ost around 15.40 tomorrow!

:D Oh that's funny to hear Anni Friesinger speak Dutch!

I must say the old Ice stadium had much more room for the spectators. Capacity now is down to just over 5,000. The new indoor stadium is of course primarily built for ice skating events. The roof is of course convenient in case of bad weather, but otherwise for motorcycle ice racing I'd prefer the old outdoor stadium.

On the other hand, why should I care, as I am not really interested in ice racing anyway. It's a Russian affair!

World Championship Round 7, Inzell, Germany

Dmitri Khomitsevich (fx 2 2 3 3) 10

Peter Koij (1 0 0 1 0) 2

Sergei Karachintsev (2 2 3 1 3) 11

Danil Ivanov (3 3 2 2 3) 13

Dmitri Bulankin (2 1 2 2 0) 7

Igor Kononov (3 3 3 3 1) 13

Grzegorz Knapp (1 0 0 N 1) 2

Max Neidermaier (0 0 0 0 0) 0

Harald Simon (2 0 2 1 2) 7

Antonin Klatovsky (1 1 1 0 2) 5

Ivan Ivanov (3 1 0 2 1) 7

Stefan Svensson (ef 1 1 1 ef) 3

Nikolai Krasnikov (3 3 3 3 2) 14

Gunther Bauer (0 2 1 2 2) 7

Vitalli Khomitsevich (2 3 3 0 1) 9

Franz Zorn (1 2 1 3 3) 10

Stefan Pletschacher 0 0

D Final: Stefan Svensson, Grzegorz Knapp, Max Neidermaier, Peter Koij

C Final: Dmitri Bulankin, Gunther Bauer, Antonin Klatovsky, Ivan Ivanov

B Final: Dmitri Khomitsevich, Franz Zorn, Vitalli Khomitsevich, Harald Simon

A Final: Nikolai Krasnikov, Igor Kononov, Danil Ivanov, Sergei Karachintsev

STANDINGS

PSN Rider C Total

1 Nikolai Krasnikov Rus 151

2 Danil Ivanov Rus 136

3 Igor Kononov Rus 133

4 Dmitri Khomitsevich Rus 127

5 Vitalli Khomitsevich Rus 94

6 Dmitri Bulankin Rus 84

7 Sergei Karachintsev Rus 79

8 Ivan Ivanov Rus 77

9 Franz Zorn A 61

10 Harald Simon A 61

11 Stefan Svensson S 61

12 Gunther Bauer D 55

13 Antonin Klatovsky CzR 48

14 Grzegorz Knapp Pol 34

15 Peter Koij S 26

16 Stefan Pletschacher D 17

17 Mats Järf SF 9

18 Johnny Tuinstra NL 7

19 Max Neidermaier D 4

20 Rene Stellingwerf NL 3

21 Jan Klatovsky CzR 0

Krasnikov only needs to finish last in the B Final to win his seventh consecutive title.

Now Iris 123, Jaqueline, Lars and I are off to drink beer!

:D Oh that's funny to hear Anni Friesinger speak Dutch!

I must say the old Ice stadium had much more room for the spectators. Capacity now is down to just over 5,000. The new indoor stadium is of course primarily built for ice skating events. The roof is of course convenient in case of bad weather, but otherwise for motorcycle ice racing I'd prefer the old outdoor stadium.

On the other hand, why should I care, as I am not really interested in ice racing anyway. It's a Russian affair!

I wanted to ask Jesper how she sounded when i heard it,but i was impressed.

Must say i was pretty impressed with the new stadium.We were lucky anyway as it did rain a fair bit,so in the old stadium we would have got soaked :D And it was about the only speedway event i have been to over the past decade or two that was sold out a day before.There were even people from France!!!! with signs asking for tickets hours before the meeting started.When was the last time you saw that??? Plus i thought someone told me the stadium held 7,000.There were 650 people counted for the practice session on friday! :)

One great heat when Krasnikov came from last to first made it all worthwhile.Racing at its very best

World Individual Championship Round 8, Inzell, Germany

Dmitri Khomitsevich (2 3 3 2 2) 12

Jan Klatovsky (0 1 1 1 0) 3

Sergei Karachintsev (2 0 1 2 1) 6

Danil Ivanov (3 3 2 3 3) 14

Dmitri Bulankin (D 2 0 3 2) 7

Igor Kononov (3 3 1 3 3) 13

Stefan Pletschacher (1 0 1 0 1) 3

Max Neidermaier (1 0 0 0 0) 1

Harald Simon (3 2 3 0 1) 9

Antonin Klatovsky (0 0 0 0 0) 0

Ivan Ivanov (2 1 0 2 0) 5

Stefan Svensson (0 1 2 1 1) 5

Nikolai Krasnikov (3 3 3 3 3) 15

Gunther Bauer (1 1 2 1 2) 7

Vitalli Khomitsevich (2 2 3 1 3) 11

Franz Zorn (1 2 2 2 2) 9

D Finall: Antonin Klatovsky, Jan Klatovsky, Stefan Pletschacher, Max Neidermaier

C Final: Sergei Karachintsev, Gunther Bauer, Ivan Ivanov, Stefan Svensson

B Final: Vitalli Khomitsevich, Dmitri Bulankin, Franz Zorn, Harald Simon

A Final: Nikolai Krasnikov, Igor Kononov, Dmitri Khomitsevich, Danil Ivanov

FINAL STANDINGS:

1 Nikolai Krasnikov Rus 176

2 Igor Kononov Rus 153

3 Danil Ivanov Rus 152

4 Dmitri Khomitsevich Rus 145

5 Vitalli Khomitsevich Rus 108

6 Dmitri Bulankin Rus 97

7 Sergei Karachintsev Rus 89

8 Ivan Ivanov Rus 85

9 Franz Zorn A 73

10 Harald Simon A 72

11 Stefan Svensson S 68

12 Gunther Bauer D 64

13 Antonin Klatovsky CzR 54

14 Grzegorz Knapp Pol 34

15 Peter Koij S 26

16 Stefan Pletschacher D 21

17 Mats Järf SF 9

18 Johnny Tuinstra NL 7

19 Max Neidermaier D 7

20 Jan Klatovsky CzR 5

21 Rene Stellingwerf NL 3

Nikolai Krasnikov is the World Champion for the seventh time in a row.

He told me that this was his last season as a professional racer, and although he will ride next year he doesn't know if he will enter the World Championships.

Just a few thoughts on the weekend.

The new Indoor Stadium is a splendid venue, and was packed both days. The racing was top notch, but the difference between the Russians and the rest is considerable. Only Zorn and Simon got to both B Finals, although there were flashes of brilliance from Bauer.

Without taking too much away from the Russians the West need to up their game if they want to compete.

I understand the MFR have thrown money at the Ice racing this year, whereas the western riders have to rely on sponsorship and understanding employers. They need to be able to compete!

With the season nearly over - just a couple of meetings in Sweden this week, all I can say is if Krasnikov decides to retire as a professional rider, he is going to be a hard act to follow. Heat 4 on Saturday showed how incredible a rider he is, last for two laps before passing all the others in the space of a lap and winning the race with the fastest speed and setting a new track record. And having seen Koltakov ride, Igor Kononov and Danil Ivanov may have their aspirations dashed unless they up their game!

All in all, its been a great weekend with some fantastic racing and the excellent company of Iris123, Jacqueline and Lars plus anyone else from the forum I met