British Speedway Forum

Ice Racing 2011

Well seeing as Iris123 and Jacqueline are e-mailing me about Inzell, I booked the first of my trips this morning - ironically to Inzell, and as we are almost in September, so time to look ahead to the Ice Racing season which starts in December.

The provisional dates for the Individual World Championship were announced in March, but as that thread has dropped down the order, here they are again:

09/01/2011 FIM Ice Racing WC Q. Round 1, St Johann, Austria

16/01/2011 FIM Ice Racing WC Q. Round 2, Saalfeleden, Austria

21/01/2011 FIM Ice Racing WC Q. Round 3, Sanok, Poland

05-06.02.2011 FIM Ice Racing WC Final 1, Krasnogorsk-Zorkiy-Stadium, Russia

12-13.02.2011 FIM Ice Racing WC Final 2, Togliatti, Russia

12-13.03.2011 FIM Ice Racing WC Final 3, Assen - DeSmelt, Netherlands

26-27-03-2011 FIM Ice Racing WC Final 4, Inzell, Germany

I was talking to Referee Dave Dowling at Buxton, who says the new Inzell stadium looks impressive and it's still not finished, so I'm looking forward to that round.

The team Final is set to go to Berlin on the last weekend in February, and I am told that there are a group working on a just for TV series to try and raise the sport's profile.

As soon as I have other dates I'll post them, but if anyone has any fixtures then please post them.

Ron from Eurorider will be running his popular Assen trip as usual, the link is in my signature.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Russians are certainly dragging their feet this year regarding dates, but I now have the Leagues and Fixtures:

SUPER-LEAGUE

1. Mega-Lada Togliatti

2. Bashkortostan Ufa

3. Kaustic Sterlitamak

4. Moscow Area Lukovitsy

5. Kamensk-Ural

6. Mordovia Saransk

7. Siberia Novosibirsk (promoted)

Fixtures:

4-5.12.2010 - R 1 & 2 Novosibirsk

29-30.01.2011 - R 3 & 4 Ufa

19-20.02.2011 - R 5 & ^ Togliatti

MAJOR-LEAGUE

1. Torpedo Shadrinsk

2. Leader Tyumen

3. Kuzbass Kemerovo

4. Samara

5. Izhevsk

6. Penza

7. Kemertau

Fixtures:

25-26.12.2010 - R 1 & 2 Kemertau

19-20.2.2011 - R 3 & 4 Samara

It looks like there will be four new teams this year in the Major League (Div 2) after last year when they had a few "second" teams to make up the number.

Siberia Novosibirsk were promoted to the Super League and Saransk have stayed up after the withdrawal of Miner Uchaly.

There are some provisional dates for the Russian Championship on the Russian Forum, but these are not yet confirmed, although there is to be training at Novosibisrk, from 22.11.10 to 2.12.2010

They do plan to have an all Russian event in The Far Eastern Amur Region at Blagoveshchenk. These are on 12/13.11.2010 (Blagoveshchenk Mayors Cup) and on 19/20.11.2010 (Amur Governers Cup). They have been arranged so riders who wish to attend training can make it back to Siberia.

Blagoveshchenk is actually close to the Chinese Border so the trip is about three days from there to Novosibirsk by road

Russian Individual Championship:

11-12/12/2010 - Preliminary Round, Kemerovo

18-19/12/2010 - Semi Finals: Novosibirsk, Kemerovo & Ufa

8-9/1/2011 - Final, Ufa (Provisional)

Other Russian Fixtures:

15-16/1/2011 - Cup Of Russia, Izhevsk

Junior Team Championship

19-20/2/2011 - Semi Final, Novosibirsk (Teams: Novosibirsk, Saransk, Ufa, Kamensk-Ural, Kemerovo, Penza, Blagoveshchenk Amur)

26-27/2/2011 - Final, Kemertau (Teams: Kemertau (hosts), Shadrinsk (Champions), plus top 5 from semi final)

The top 8 from the Russian Final will b e their World Championship Nominees, plus the top 4 from the Cup of Russia will be the European Final Nominees.

The Russians may have to change the dates of the Final, as the first FIM QR round is in St Johann, and will clash. Reading the Russian Forum, they are far from happy with the FIM over this.

• 3 weeks later...

The provisional dates for the Individual World Championship were announced in March, but as that thread has dropped down the order, here they are again:

09/01/201115/01/2011 FIM Ice Racing WC Q. Round 1, St Johann, Austria

16/01/201123/01/2011 FIM Ice Racing WC Q. Round 2, Saalfeleden, Austria

21/01/2011 FIM Ice Racing WC Q. Round 3, Sanok, Poland

05-06.02.2011 FIM Ice Racing WC Final 1, Krasnogorsk-Zorkiy-Stadium, Russia

12-13.02.2011 FIM Ice Racing WC Final 2, Togliatti, Russia

12-13.03.2011 FIM Ice Racing WC Final 3, Assen - DeSmelt, Netherlands

Today I`ve receive the two changes of the dates - see above

Edited by Jacqueline

2 Will we ever see a World Champion who is not Russian (My guess is no, if ever!).

In the past, it's riders who are at the top of their game who beat the Russians. Currently only Franky Zorn is at that level, and he needs to have a bit more "killer instinct" this year if he wants to be World Champion.

As for the Russian, having seen some of the younger Russian at last year's Roloef Thijs Bokaal then they have a conveyor belt of rising stars coming through.

I was talking to Referee Dave Dowling at Buxton, who says the new Inzell stadium looks impressive and it's still not finished, so I'm looking forward to that round.

See the webcam here http://www.eisstadion-inzell.de/webcam.php?WebflowModul=beb8fecfa9a1da99cbd77a071b4aca12

Confirmed FIM Dates:

Individual World Championship 2011

15 January OeAMTC Qualifying Round 1 St Johann (Austria)

21 January PZM Qualifying Round 2 Sanok (Poland)

22 January KNMV Qualifying Round 3 Saalfelden (Austria)

05-06 February MFR Final 1 Krasnogorsk - Zorkiy Stadium (Russia)

12-13 February MFR Final 2 Togliatti (Russia)

12-13 March KNMV Final 3 Assen - DeSmelt (Netherlands)

26-27 March DMSB Final 4 Inzell (Germany)

Team Championship

26-27 February DMSB Final Berlin (Germany)

Allocations for the Qualifiers:

Sankt Johann

2x CZ

2x GER

1x CH

1x NL

3x RUS

1x NOR

3x AUT

1x FIN

2x SWE

Sanok

1x CZ

1x GER

1x FRA

2x UKR

3x RUS

1x AUT

3x POL

2x FIN

2x SWE

Saalfelden

2x CZ

1x GB

2x GER

1x CH

2x NL

2x RUS

2x AUT

2x FIN

2x SWE

Looks like the Amur Regional Championship is going to be a big series, as they have signed some of the top riders to open the season according to the Amur Sports Development site

Remember, this event is being held in the Far East of Russia, 100kms from the Russian - Chinese Border, and it's nearer to Korea and Japan than it is to Moscow, so they must be paying good money to get the riders there.I can only assume that the foreigners are going to Novosibirsk to train after the second weekend's racing

13/14th November - Blagoveshchensk Mayors Cup

20th/21st November Amur Region Governers Cup

Points scored in both meetings will count to the overall championship

Line Up:

1 Roman Akimenko

2 Gunther Bauer (D)

3 Andrey Ivanov

4 Daniil Ivanov

5 Ivan Ivanov

6 Antonin Klatovsky (CzR)

7 Jan Klatovsky (CzR)

8 Anatoliy Komarov

9 Igor Kononov

10 Alexander Kotlyar

11 Nikolai Krasnikov

12 Vladislav Litvinov,

13 Roman Pavlenko

14 Yuri Polikarpov

15 Stefan Svensson (S)

16 Andrew Selifonov

17 Per-Olov Serenius (S)

18 Vitaly Khomitsevich

19 Dmitry Khomitsevich

20 Petr Shevchenko,

Should be an interesting couple of meetings

Interesting piece of gossip on the Russian Forums.

After a seasonlast winter in Amur (2009/10) racing on the Ice, Denis Saifutdinov, the older brother of Emil, intends to go to Novosibirsk for training with a view to riding in the Russian Championship in 2010/11.

He still races speedway but wants to try and branch out and move from his brothers shadow. He rode with Grigory Laguta last year, so maybe he will be trying the Ice again?

Just receive today the following invitation for iceracing riders:

Invitation to training camp in Funäsdalen

Date: December 3rd to December 5th

Place: Funäsdalen, Sweden

Price: 3000 SEK/driver and 2000 SEK/mechanic.

The price includes: Accomodation December 2nd to December 5th at Gyllene Bocken. Breakfast, lunch on the track and dinner at the hotel. Practise on 8-10 tracks with five coaches of which one will focus on beginners. The participants will be divided into two groups; one for the elite and one for the other riders.

We want all participants to arrive in good time on Thursday night.

Reservation to the camp: no later than November 28th to Gyllene Bocken +46-684-210 90.