British Speedway Forum

Mark Jones

And whatever the answer might be, would any of us seriously expect a response? I, for one, am not holding my breath :neutral:

Well looking at the evidence etc it seems that maybe the BSPA would be shyte scared to do anything as it looks like they would have to remove all Marks points, as,if i have read it correct, shouldnt be in the NL,i guess it would cause them a bit of work and make them look like they dont know the rules,and they wouldnt want that............would they?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well looking at the evidence etc it seems that maybe the BSPA would be shyte scared to do anything as it looks like they would have to remove all Marks points, as,if i have read it correct, shouldnt be in the NL,i guess it would cause them a bit of work and make them look like they dont know the rules,and they wouldnt want that............would they?

I think thats exactly why the BSPA haven't made a statement.....pleased they don't run a business for me!

Edited by June

This is an unofficial forum with no legal or moral authority. No promotion within the BSPA has any obligation to respond to rumours posted here. If you want an answer then contact them directly.

But its much easier to post rumours than to check facts.

And whatever the answer might be, would any of us seriously expect a response? I, for one, am not holding my breath :neutral:

Have you even tried? You'll never never know if you don't give it a go.

What evidence?

Have you even tried? You'll never never know if you don't give it a go.

Yes I have(and I know Mr S Bear has on a number of issues too) and experience suggests that Ancient Mariner is right to be sceptical.

There seems to sufficient evidence that there is a case to answer (as spelt out by Mr S Bear). It may not be in Newport's interest to look too closely at this but it is certainly in the interest of the rest of the sport and certainly in the interests of other young Australian riders.

If the BSPA is shown not to police visa status effectively then a potential outcome is that the rules will be tightened by the UK Borders Agency and that future opportunities for us to see young Australians riding here will be reduced.

However, if it does emerge that Mark Jones should not have ridden this season, I really think it is a bit late to start altering results of meetings that took place five months ago. (There are precedents, for example riders who are subsequently discovered to be under age haven't had their points removed from matches they rode in.)

Yes I have(and I know Mr S Bear has on a number of issues too) and experience suggests that Ancient Mariner is right to be sceptical. There seems to be sufficient evidence that there is a case to answer. (Edited for grammar)

So you've contacted the BSPA on this issue, is that right? Your 'evidence' is easily available, I presume?

Has anybody contacted the BSPA on this, or is it easier to keep posting rumour and innuendo and grinding your axes?

I'm sure the Newport management, with their years of experience with Aussie riders, would be on top of this so why not ask them directly, rather than posting on here? When I spoke to Mark at Mildura in January he was all set up for this season beginning with Ashley's meeting then on to the Hornets, and given the dramas some of our boys have had with paperwork in the past both Mark and his Dad would have been right on top of this.

It cost us supporters to watch speedway in GB and we do treat the sport more seriously than some!

Life is too short to take anything seriously, June.

This coming Aussie season I'll be attending ten meetings over 24 days in six different cities and towns in four different states, covering over 20,000 km, involving about 9 flights and a few train or bus rides, plus several nights' accomodation at a variety of pubs & motels and peoples' floors ( Thanxx Trackman!).

Unlike some on here I won't be whingeing about the cost to watch my favourite sport and see my heroes in action. I don't wanna die with the most toys in my toybox, or wondering why I never saw a particular rider or meeting because it cost too much - gotta keep the national economy going! (If I had the bucks I'd be on the plane to Polska for the final GP of the season, if only to see Crumpy go back-to-back.)

Of course I'll be looking forward to the plethora of little things that make up a good trip - new tracks to visit; new people to meet; catching up with ol' mates; gastronomic delights such as the Steak Sangers at Mildura and the Hot Dogs at Gillman, plus the odd side trip to a couple of houses of ill-repute for a therapeutic massage - with a happy ending!

Hopefully a couple of Marcus' Poms make it through to the Australian Solos Championships; even if they do take the place of a couple of young Aussies they'll be there because they're good enough, and not because of some outmoded quota system or because some nitpicker's got a chip on their shoulder.

PS I'm still looking for Sponsorship - $10 gets you the privilege of buying me a coupla beers; $100 should help me score something to ensure I don't miss a single moment of the trip (snoooooooooooooooooooort!) and $1,000 should ensure me the night of my dreams with a coupla nubiles in a posh Sydney Root-a-rama/Gentleman's Establishment. Dig Deep - you know it makes absolutely no sense at all!

I'll put you out of your misery. He went home last week.

WHOOSH!!!

He went last week sometime after riding at Dudley which was his last match. Tim Webster is now back in the Hornets side.

Double WHOOOOOSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

:P