British Speedway Forum

Perhaps this meeting should be moved back to the start of season, when Injuries and Poland haven't taken their toll, and fans/riders would have more appetite as the seasons just started.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a BSPA event, with prices set by the BSPA and run by the BSPA. Ipswich was the host track - they (like all other tracks at BSPA events) have no say on the entrance fees, programme, etc.

As for your comments regarding the track, you are wrong, very wrong, as countless fans from other tracks have testified.

Don't Ipswich operate the turnstiles? They run the event too not the BSPA as they do the track,presentation,provide the trackstaff,the pitstaff,etc etc and also do all the press releasees etc,pity for the fans sake they didn't update the line up early enough as people could've made a decision to boycott the event.sure the BSPA set the price etc and count the cash in the office after the meeting :D

As for your comments regarding the track, you are wrong, very wrong, as countless fans from other tracks have testified.

So how would you know . You have not been there this season! The track changes have made racing much better this season and the biggest success of all have been much safer racing. I hardly think there has been a bad crash there this season which is great

Two good mates of mine have said exactly the same so I have no reason to doubt your word.

The thing is, though, is that when it really counted (in front of a big crowd and at a major event) the track was rubbish. That means that all the hard work over the season has been wasted or, at the very least counts for a lot less because people are not going to pay or to travel to watch such processional crap again.

Real shame, if you ask me.