Leon Madsen (DEN)

Niels-Kristian Iversen (DEN)

Simon Stead (GBR)

Antonio Lindback (SWE)

Thomas H Jonasson (SWE)

Magnus Zetterstrom (SWE)

Grzegorz Walasek (POL)

Sebastian Ulamek (POL)

Thos are my three that I hope will get through ..... Wish Artem all the best but hope he gets there in 12 months time instead !!

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who gives a flying wotsit whether there are dots over a name, or if a riders name begins in your world, with a W or L...

Most of us are concerned with what happens on the track..

You can't hide under a cloak forever, your obsessive tendencies are beginning to show.. :rolleyes:

Yet more insane ramblings from Ladyluck.

Are you seriously trying to tell us that you should spell a name by the way it sounds or are you on a wind up?

Laguta doesn't have the slash through it, not according to his website Laguta Racing (and even if it did it's not a bleeding W)

If that was the case, why did you not spell Ulamek as Uwamek, as that is the one name that does have a slashed L.

Also, just to correct you lady, I thought you might like to jot down the correct spellings of the following:

Tomuss Gappinskee (POL))

Janus Kowodchay (POL)

Romun Povashnee (RUS)

Kriss Harris (GBR)

Simun Stedd (GBR)

Tommuss H Yonussun (SWE)

Gregorz Valacheck (POL)

Jeezus Kriste.

Are you seriously trying to tell us that you should spell a name by the way it sounds or are you on a wind up?

Laguta doesn't have the slash through it, not according to his website Laguta Racing (and even if it did it's not a bleeding W)

If that was the case, why did you not spell Ulamek as Uwamek, as that is the one name that does have a slashed L.

Also, just to correct you lady, I thought you might like to jot down the correct spellings of the following:

Tomuss Gappinskee (POL))

Janus Kowodchay (POL)

Romun Povashnee (RUS)

Kriss Harris (GBR)

Simun Stedd (GBR)

Tommuss H Yonussun (SWE)

Gregorz Valacheck (POL)

Jeezus Kriste.

Brilliant!

(Think you'll find it's Kryste though)

I like the way the Polish commentators over emphasis the second b in Harris' name.

Bom-ber Harris.

This is classic. He'll always be Bomber for the Polish commentators :D

Another classic is the way they pronounce Reading (the name of town). It's never "read" as you pronounce this verb in the past tense but always "read" in the present tense - Reeeding ;)

Tomuss Gappinskee (POL))

Janus Kowodchay (POL)

Romun Povashnee (RUS)

Kriss Harris (GBR)

Simun Stedd (GBR)

Tommuss H Yonussun (SWE)

Gregorz Valacheck (POL)

Jeezus Kriste.

Thankyou, that's superb :lol:

Tomuss Gappinskee (POL))

Janus Kowodchay (POL)

Romun Povashnee (RUS)

Kriss Harris (GBR)

Simun Stedd (GBR)

Tommuss H Yonussun (SWE)

Gregorz Valacheck (POL)

Jeezus Kriste.

It would, in fact, be Janush Kowojey.

However, the use of the Cyrillic script in Russia (and other nations, such as Serbia and Latvia) complicates matters. For example, in Poland you have Emil Sajfutdinow and in Britain Emil Sayfutdinov because of the different rules of transliteration. You see, with the Cyrillic script it is a case of finding a spelling that accurately reflects the pronunciation of the name.

:lol:

My favourite so far is that riders can be a little bit injured. :wink:

Anyway on to something that matters - the meeting.

Im hoping that Fast freddie gets thru of his own accord.

Its been a largely backward GP year for him. He is so much better than that.

Ill go for Bomber to qualify too.

The rest -- couldnt care less.

It would, in fact, be Janush Kowojey.

However, the use of the Cyrillic script in Russia (and other nations, such as Serbia and Latvia) complicates matters. For example, in Poland you have Emil Sajfutdinow and in Britain Emil Sayfutdinov because of the different rules of transliteration. You see, with the Cyrillic script it is a case of finding a spelling that accurately reflects the pronunciation of the name.

This is amazing, lady. i have now seen you blossom from an idiot into an imbecile.

No, you find the spelling of the country you are from.

Hang on don't tell me, when you go to Lidl, oh sorry Leeeeeeeeedl, you suddenly start speaking to the British store assistants in German?

i have to admit though, Sweden for instance, is a funny one. I never know whether to spell it the English way (Sweden), Swedish way (Sverige) or the Korean way (서전 / 스웨덴)

This is amazing, lady. i have now seen you blossom from an idiot into an imbecile.

Hang on don't tell me, when you go to Lidl, oh sorry Leeeeeeeeedl, you suddenly start speaking to the British store assistants in German?

i have to admit though, Sweden for instance, is a funny one. I never know whether to spell it the English way (Sweden), Swedish way (Sverige) or the Korean way (서전 / 스웨덴)

Good of you to bring up German. I have numerous books on World War II, all of them in English. Some of them spell Goring in the correct German manner (the two dots above the "O"), others tramsliterate it into Goering. Similarly some spell Hess (as in Rudolph) with that strange German character at the end, while others as I have earlier. There are numerous different ways that Stalin's given surname in spelled and the same goes for his first name (Joseph, Iosef).

I fail to see why you bring up the Lidl example, since you clearly reference the spoken word, while this is about the written word. As it goes, I would always try and pronounce someone's name correctly.

Edited by ladyluck

You stole that from Ricky Gervais :P

Hopefully Bomber can get through this meeting and Madsen comes rock bottom. :D Would also be nice to see Stead put in a good performance. Not bothered on the others.

Very nice initial write up Ladyluck.

As for the line-up, there is an excellent page available on Wikipedia with qualifying results and a coloured race card you can copy, paste and print.

2011 Speedway Grand Prix Qualification

I'm always disappointed to see that this meeing is not on Sky, however, nice to hear it will be availble online.

Edited by manchesterpaul

Reading some of the posts on here, regarding how to pronounce names,

is quite something else.... I got to the last post on this page

and at the bottom is a banner for an IQ test.... ironic or what... :lol:

Who cares how we pronounce names etc... everyone is different and thats

what makes the world an interesting place... methinks some people on

here need to get a life.

Back on topic, Bomber to go through and couldn't care less who else

at this time.

Edited by tomcat

Reading some of the posts on here, regarding how to pronounce names,

is quite something else.... I got to the last post on this page

and at the bottom is a banner for an IQ test.... ironic or what... :lol:

Awww come on tomcat....don't be bashful....tell us your score ;)

In view of the importance of the meeting and the fact it should be available to view on the internet streams, i've made a race card for the meeting. I've only quickly cobbled it together, but it certainly does the job.

It may be best to wait until the end of the week to download it in case of injuries etc. changing the line-up. However, you can always have a shufty at it in the meantime or take a gamble on the line-up being the same.

As usual with the 'Score-As-You-View' Race Cards i produce it is colour coded and also contains relevant additional info. If you so wish you can fill in each riders accumalative score next to their name for each race (as well as traditional score grid). In order to make this quick and easy i've colour coded their next programmed ride. There is also a running gate points total (you can add gate wins underneath or just circle them) and the current 2010 SGP standings with the SGP Challenge riders in bold font.

I should be able to grab time to provide an even better one for the next SGP round in Croatia.

Free Score-As-You-View 2011 SGP Challenge Race Card

My predictions would be

Lindgren 14

Iversen 12 after run off

Zetterstrom 12

Kolodziej 12

Harris 11 after run off

Lindback 11

I have a sneaky feeling heat 11 could be the key to the whole meeting.

I would not be surprised to see Lukas or Mieszinski replacing one of the Russian riders :unsure:

If the top 3 do qualify as above then the only change i can see is Tai dropping out as the 4 wildcards must be Nicki, Emil, Greg and Harris.

Edited by J_D