British Speedway Forum

Swc Final, Vojens, 31/07/2010

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tainted in your world,but in this one and particularly in Poland no-one gives a monkeys what you think :rolleyes:

Not true ... many agree with me ... very many, some agree with you ... I am afraid the world does not revolve around you only .... the fact remains a man from Norway helped them win ... not you or anybody can change that ... nobody B)

Not true ... many agree with me ... very many, some agree with you ... I am afraid the world does not revolve around you only .... the fact remains a man from Norway helped them win ... not you or anybody can change that ... nobody B)

I take it you don't celebrate the victories of the England cricket team then?

I worked with a guy who was born and brought up in Pakistan.He worked his guts out for the company i worked for and was very proud when he got his British passport.Now to some people he might have been a Paki or whatever,but to me he was a British citizen and better than a lot who were born in the country.Holta has a Polish passport because he qualified for one.He is worthy of a place in the Polish team if the Polish manager decides to choose him and the FIM agree to that decision.Makes no difference what you think about the matter or what stupid name you decide to call the Polish team.Fact

I worked with a guy who was born and brought up in Pakistan.He worked his guts out for the company i worked for and was very proud when he got his British passport.Now to some people he might have been a Paki or whatever,but to me he was a British citizen and better than a lot who were born in the country.Holta has a Polish passport because he qualified for one.He is worthy of a place in the Polish team if the Polish manager decides to choose him and the FIM agree to that decision.Makes no difference what you think about the matter or what stupid name you decide to call the Polish team.Fact

Still born in Norway FACT :D

Think Rune is having the last laugh on this one with his gold medal B)

Yep he can show his kids and grandkids his POLISH gold medal ... hope they are more patriotic than he is B)

I just cross my fingers they are more intelligent than some here :rolleyes:

What an obnoxious, pompous person you are ... think you are so much better that me ... you keep that dream going ... its all about opinions ... you have yours I have mine ... so go smoke a pipe B)

I take it you don't celebrate the victories of the England cricket team then?

Been said about 50 times the cricket players had not played tests for anyone else .Weather they have or not still don't make it correct had Holta rides for Poland after already have ridden for Norway .

Yep he can show his kids and grandkids his POLISH gold medal ... hope they are more patriotic than he is B)

As Holta has settled in Poland, with a Polish partner, one would imagine that any children will be of mixed heritage and proud of their father's FIM Gold Medals. Rather nice that the rain delay enabled the Poles to win the SWC on the anniversary of the start of the Warsaw Rising in 1944.

Been said about 50 times the cricket players had not played tests for anyone else .Weather they have or not still don't make it correct had Holta rides for Poland after already have ridden for Norway .

Try writing your second sentence in English then I'll know what point you are trying to make.

My comment about the English cricket team was in response to Sudden Sam's comments so needs to be taken in context.

Whether they have played tests or not is splitting hairs really, Pietersen and Trott for example were both born and raised in South Africa and played for their Youth team. Morgan was born and raised in Dublin and played a number of 1 day internationals for Ireland.

Try writing your second sentence in English then I'll know what point you are trying to make.

My comment about the English cricket team was in response to Sudden Sam's comments so needs to be taken in context.

Whether they have played tests or not is splitting hairs really, Pietersen and Trott for example were both born and raised in South Africa and played for their Youth team. Morgan was born and raised in Dublin and played a number of 1 day internationals for Ireland.

Not splitting hairs at all ...the Bottom line is that Holta has ridden for Norway at senior level unlke Pietersen and Trott who have never played for South Africa .

Just like woffy you got a choice on what nation you want to represent at senoir level but once you made that choice you shoul not be able to turn back otherwise sport becomes a joke ....Holta made his some time ago .

Not splitting hairs at all ...the Bottom line is that Holta has ridden for Norway at senior level unlke Pietersen and Trott who have never played for South Africa .

Just like woffy you got a choice on what nation you want to represent at senoir level but once you made that choice you shoul not be able to turn back otherwise sport becomes a joke ....Holta made his some time ago .

We'll just have to disagree then. The key word you use is "should" (or as you wrote it shoul), the fact remains that the rules allow Holta to ride as a Pole, just like back in the 60's they allowed Bob Andrews to represent New Zealand even though he had previously ridden for England.

If you think that makes sport a "joke" fair enough, but does one Norwegian riding for the country of which he has been a citizen for 8 years make it any more a joke than the England cricket team having 4 South African born players and an Irishman?

Wasn't too bad of a meeting really, heat 20(?) being particuarly good. As for GB, well you could almost tell that the joker would fail after he held it off for a while, Stead was terrible also, but as the commentators said we must be proud of finishing 4th in a 4 team competition.

If you think that makes sport a "joke" fair enough, but does one Norwegian riding for the country of which he has been a citizen for 8 years make it any more a joke than the England cricket team having 4 South African born players and an Irishman?

Yes i do ...there was talk of the Pakistan spinner Saqlain Mustaq playing for England the other year after he had already taken 208 Test Wickets already ....nothing could be more stupid in sport, citizen or no citizen .

Let's all ask ourselves why we are behind as far as The Poles, Danes & Swedes are concerned.

Practice is the answer, whenever they are not racing they can all practice in their home country.

We moan about it over here don't we, that riders are missing because of it, but the end product is what we see at a world stage.

All our British lads should get the same privileges here, then maybe we'll make progress, we need the young lads doing that otherwise we will go backwards & never be on a par with these nations.

The 5 that represented us last week all deserve some credit, they got us to the final when everyone was saying the Aussies would win & they weren't that far away from gaining something, but Tai apart all those riders aren't the future they're only the present, those that are the future need to practice constantly to improve,it works for Poland,Sweden & Denmark & all these Aussie kids that come over here, that's the reason why they're as good as they are, even though we know nothing about them 'til they're here. TIme for British Speedway Promoters to sort it out for Lads like Tai, Barker, Auty, Craig Cook, Kyle Hughes to name a few.

Let's all ask ourselves why we are behind as far as The Poles, Danes & Swedes are concerned.

Practice is the answer, whenever they are not racing they can all practice in their home country.

We moan about it over here don't we, that riders are missing because of it, but the end product is what we see at a world stage.

You've got to want to practice. As Mateusz points out, the Polish clubs don't just allow their Poles to practice. I recall the 2005 SWC, when the final was in Wroclaw. During the race-off Neil Middleditch was asked aabout the official practice and as I remember it he stated that Nicholls would not be there as he had ridden at Wroclaw a few weeks earlier. Needless to say, all the Polish team were there for the practice session. I'd say the answer to your question is professionalism.