British Speedway Forum

James White Williams And Tom Young

I made some remarks recently in the Newport v Buxton thread which in hindsight I shouldn't have done. The remarks were disparaging, uncalled for and inappropriate and I would like to publicly apologise unreservedly to both James and Tom for making them.

Although no excuse, the remarks were made in frustration and dismay at losing race and match points. I am a long standing fan of Newport Speedway and seeing the high flying Hornets lose at home was bitterly disappointing.

I know that whenever riders go out onto the track they do their best in each race and do not deserve such criticism and I accept that to so publicly criticise both lads was profoundly wrong and unfair.

For now, I have left the comments in the thread but if anybody from James' or Tom's family etc wishes me to remove them I will and I will then ask those that have quoted them to do the same.

Rightly I have been criticised for my comments and I accept that.

I wish both James and Tom and their respective families, friends and race crew good luck in future matches and they have my best wishes.

Not read your comments, but fair play to you for apologising and taking the criticism knowing you made remarks you shouldn't have done.