British Speedway Forum

No excuses from Down Here; we just couldn't come to grips with the track and paid the price. Not sure how many of our mob have ridden Vojens before; I know it was Darcy's first look at the place, but they're professionals so should have been able to adjust. That said it was a great learning experience for a young team, Rooboy certainly answered his critics in the best way possible; and as Leigh Adams said last night they have to learn to rely on themselves and not expect a Crumpy or Mr Smooth to fall from the clouds and save 'em. Mind you, wouldn't Todd Wiltshire have loved the track last night.

Hoping for a better spectacle on Saturday with a decent crowd, I might have to dig out my souvenir of Cardiff Union Flag and barrack for Tai!.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An ok meeting, but Vojens shouldn't get any more race offs or finals. That crowd was absolutely pathetic for a race off with the home nation on view. An embarrassment that a fairly big meeting for the sport was watched by a handful of people.

What's more, it looks like they wanted to save their budget providing no free tickets for the other crews who showed up there yesterday - the Polish and British ones - except free tickets/passes for the riders and coach only (6 in total!). Mechanics, riders' managers, officials etc. they all had to buy tickets for themselves! ... Danish hospitality :blink:

Edited by Mateusz

Nicholls, Harris, Richardson, Stead and Woffinden have all ridden in world under 21 finals.

Richardson has won it, Harris has finished second, Woffinden finished joint third before losing the run off, Stead was 5th and Nicholls also got a bronze medal.

Edited by Silver Bee

Jonsson had a great last to first in his opening ride, but the Danes soon put a stop to that nonsense, in his second ride, it was grip less and he was pointless.

I can understand now why Ivan Mauger said this was one of his favourite tracks.

Thank the lord for Sky plus. Watched the whole meeting in just over an hour. What a total borefest and to be honest I don't expect it to be any different on Saturday. In fact I expect it to be EXACTLY the same. The track may as well be two metres wide because that is all that is needed.

Shocking rubbish.

Bit like a Poole meeting then?

Looking forward to Monday on Sky............

Thank the lord for Sky plus. Watched the whole meeting in just over an hour. What a total borefest and to be honest I don't expect it to be any different on Saturday. In fact I expect it to be EXACTLY the same. The track may as well be two metres wide because that is all that is needed.

Shocking rubbish.

If its the same then it wont be worth watching,another total borefest.It will end up a gating competition,putting GB out of the picture which is a shame as when its well prepared Vojen can produce great racing,maybe they could kidnap Olsen untill sunday morning.

What's more, it looks like they wanted to save their budget providing no free tickets for the other crews who showed up there yesterday - the Polish and British ones - except free tickets/passes for the riders and coach only (6 in total!). Mechanics, riders' managers, officials etc. they all had to buy tickets for themselves! ... Danish hospitality

Are you saying Olesen got the gate monies then rather than BSI? Surely BSI rented his track and they took the gate money?

It makes you wonder what people expect.....we've had two meetings with a fair bit of passing and results which have gone down to the last heat.

Both meetings certainly entertained me.

Same here. Not great meetings but certainly acceptable with a few good races thrown in throughout the night.

Are you saying Olesen got the gate monies then rather than BSI? Surely BSI rented his track and they took the gate money?

I'm not sure but I don't think so - when it comes to GPs, at least in Poland, you buy rights to organize a given event and pay BSI lots of money for it. But then it's all up to you how you promote your event and how much you earn on it from the tickets etc.

Edited by Mateusz

I'm not sure but I don't think so - when it comes to GPs, at least in Poland, you buy rights to organize a given event and pay BSI lots of money for it. But then it's all up to you how you promote your event and how much you earn on it from the tickets etc.

Think that is how it works almost everywhere Mat,apart from Cardiff.Nicki not being in the Danish team is bound to diminish the crowd somewhat.He is the superstar and attracts a fair amount of support on his own.Still think the crowd should be around 7 or 8,000 for the final.Maybe even more.Still it isn't good to make all the support crew pay to get in,because Vojens isn't cheap

Edited by iris123

Disaster of a meet. Boyce has to go. The joker had to be pulled out in ht10. By saving it for later it just showed he has no confidence in the boys to not need it later. From then on Aust seemed complacent to just hang around 6-7 points behind the leader for a while so they would have another chance to use it. And the pressure placed on Holder to win again when they finally pulled it out, was too much and he choaked.

Ward started on fire and looked very comfortable, but when he didnt make a gate it was impossible to pass on that polished marble like surface. Ward needs grip to dominate meetings as his trapping is often poor, and that surface just killed him and all the Aussies TBH.

It was quite likely a measured tactic by the danes, as the weakest part of that Aust team was their gating. They knew Aust could blow them away if it was a racers track with grip and shale present, so they did the opposite and gave them no chance to recover when they didnt trap well.

A very poor ad for speedway and why do some people think Darcy was wrong? He just might of been suggesting England wouldn't be winning again.... any time soon and he has just stated the bleeding obvious and will probably be proven 100% correct.

Seems like all of England got sucked in and thought he was infering something else.

Disaster of a meet. Boyce has to go. The joker had to be pulled out in ht10. By saving it for later it just showed he has no confidence in the boys to not need it later. From then on Aust seemed complacent to just hang around 6-7 points behind the leader for a while so they would have another chance to use it. And the pressure placed on Holder to win again when they finally pulled it out, was too much and he choaked.

Ward started on fire and looked very comfortable, but when he didnt make a gate it was impossible to pass on that polished marble like surface. Ward needs grip to dominate meetings as his trapping is often poor, and that surface just killed him and all the Aussies TBH.

It was quite likely a measured tactic by the danes, as the weakest part of that Aust team was their gating. They knew Aust could blow them away if it was a racers track with grip and shale present, so they did the opposite and gave them no chance to recover when they didnt trap well.

A very poor ad for speedway and why do some people think Darcy was wrong? He just might of been suggesting England wouldn't be winning again.... any time soon and he has just stated the bleeding obvious and will probably be proven 100% correct.

Seems like all of England got sucked in and thought he was infering something else.

No can't hear you properly......must be all that egg on your boat race :lol::P

Given that darcy was looking for a reaction...but it just makes him look like a bad loser. He probably is right that's why us Brits fans are gloating or boasting about it. Gotta enjoy it whilst it's here. Never gonna know how long it's gonna last :)