British Speedway Forum

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes you wonder what people expect.....we've had two meetings with a fair bit of passing and results which have gone down to the last heat.

Both meetings certainly entertained me.

Personally i thought the meeting was poor.The only thing that kept me interested was having a few pence placed on the winner of each race,and for Sweden to win the meeting with skybet.

Massively disappointed with the Russians tonight, Gafurov excepted. I expected them to do so much better, but they seemed to be left stranded at the gate most of the time.

It was no great surprise to see the Australians bow out. I expected them to have too many weak links without Adams or Crump to hold them together. However, I did expect Schlein to be the weakest of weak links whereas he turned out to be, in my opinion, Australia's most effective rider tonight. Credit to him for that.

As for the meeting generally, it just seemed a little flat. There was some good racing, but once Holder fluffed the Joker ride the outcome was never really in doubt. Yes, it went down to a last heat decider between the Swedes and Danes, but nothing really counted on it. Both teams were through.

Oh dear oh dear.... What was it you were saying Mr Ward....

Team GB 1 The Arrogant Aussies 0....

And yes BFD, its a forum and I too am entitled to my opinion, before you start tearing into those

of us that can see the evidence. Too damn cocky and arrogant and tonight they got taught a valuable

lesson. Speedway needs 100% concentration and they just didn't give that.

Darcy Wards comments in the newspaper just about sums it all up I am afaid.

We may not win on Saturday, but Team GB will give it a damn good go and as they say....

You gotta be in it to win it... :lol:

If the Vojens track is like this again on Saturday, its going to be a complete lottery.

Gate and go speedway for a World Final... happy days...NOT!!

God I enjoyed that tonight, despite the track and the naff crowd.

I said I fancied the Danes and Swedes to go through... Now for Team GB to get

a rostrum place Saturday please and I'll have had a good week.

Best of Luck to the finalists, hopefully the best team will win....Poland in

this case, although I obviously hope for the Brits to lift the Ove Fundin Trophy.

They do say that pride goes before a fall. I think Darcy Ward discovered that this evening. Whether he learns a lesson or not is a different matter entirely. I think questions have to be asked regarding Boyce's position. He should really have stopped all the nonsense on Monday, while tonight he appeared tactically inept. The Poles were streets ahead on Sunday, but they didn't seem to lark about.

Wells he's still up 4 a fight coz he wrote on his facebook b4 Darcy Ward Every one giving me s*#it for my status bring it on put ya fist up

about an hour ago via Facebook for iPhone

Hahaarr this kidd is a LEDGE neverr backk down darkyy lad :D

Thank the lord for Sky plus. Watched the whole meeting in just over an hour. What a total borefest and to be honest I don't expect it to be any different on Saturday. In fact I expect it to be EXACTLY the same. The track may as well be two metres wide because that is all that is needed.

Shocking rubbish.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Thank the lord for Sky plus. Watched the whole meeting in just over an hour. What a total borefest and to be honest I don't expect it to be any different on Saturday. In fact I expect it to be EXACTLY the same. The track may as well be two metres wide because that is all that is needed.

Shocking rubbish.

Oi,...nah you`re right,it was a pretty poor meeting to be honest

Bet it would never have happened at Poole :P

hahahhah . I wouldn't be surprised if Ward has a blinder and I predict he will be in the top 5 overall point scorers. For Australia he is the form rider at the moment.

Just about scraped in the top 5 Aussies! Good job Batch only had 4 rides otherwise he would have been 5th.

To be fair it was a gater's paradise, but often that's the name of the game.