British Speedway Forum

Premier League Fours 15/8/10

Well Done to the Brummies a very deserved victory.

Also have to say that I am very proud of my team Sheffield, who went into the meeting minus our number 1 and no reserve, to make the final was a massive achievement.

And again Well Done to the Brummies.

Edited by spin king

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see Brummie fans having something to cheer them up after the disappointments they have experienced this season - well done.

Jason Lyons is a class act and shows no signs of age eroding his performances.

Also praise for a decimated Sheffield quartet in reaching the Final, having put the much fancied full strength Newcastle & Berwick teams to the sword in their Semi :approve:

Pleasantly surprised the Monarchs took the runners-up spot and hopefully some major honours might come our way this season :wink:

I think that just about sums the day up! Birmingham looked by far the best balanced side and seemed to win the final at a canter. Congratulations to them. They've suffered so much through injury nearly every season that no-one could surely begrudge them this success.

We'll never know just how much Sheffield missed Josh Auty. The Auty I saw on Thursday night was just awesome. That sort of form at Peterborough this afternoon might have made a big difference.

Well Newcastle fans who trumpeted their likely success must be wondering how they didn't at least get through to the final.

Odd that. I've just looked through 13 pages on this thread. There aren't many posts from Newcastle fans and none of them were predicting a Diamonds victory.

Edited by NJC71

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaa.... :D:D

Thank you the WONDERFUL Brummies....

GIRUY Edinburgh :P

:lol: and greetings to you too Mr BB you seem happy for some reason... :P

not the racing i expected but got better as the meeting went on. congrats to the brummies, im glad they have won something in 2010 :)

cant complain about Sheffields efforts, as the final went on it made me think more and more about what if Auty was riding! we would of had a decent side with Josh pumping the lads up and scoring some points. sh!t happens though i guess so nothing we can do.

dont see why Richard Hall couldnt of been put into the last heat. the meeting was already won by Birmingham, and it could of made it a better race!

Please can we not make this thread another slug-fest between Glasgow & Edinburgh,you have your own thread for that.

This was a meeting Glasgow were not even in,all the other important clubs from the north were though. :wink:

...don't worry mate... It would only have become a 'slug-fest' had Edinburgh won ! :lol::lol::lol:

:P

Please can we not make this thread another slug-fest between Glasgow & Edinburgh,you have your own thread for that.

This was a meeting Glasgow were not even in,all the other important clubs from the north were though. :wink:

It's pure jest between us Screm :P Wished i'd been there to see the newcastle fans coupons though when they were binned at the semi stage :wink: Enjoy thread good people.I'm sure the Brummies certainly will. no slugfest here! :D

Edited by Young51

Well done to my team Somerset on a splendid 3rd place, Congrats to Birmingham, Edinburgh and Sheffield also.

Just got in Kev,our boys done great,Parks was class and Sam thrilled everyone.Cory never really recovered from his first bend bash,and Ritchie just didn`t have enough pace for me, but never gave up.James came in for Cory and gave it a real go and picked up vital points.Met a couple of Rebels fans I didn`t know so we made a bit of noise.