British Speedway Forum

Premier League Fours 15/8/10

Come, come now folks Ryan is the world's fairest rider!

Ryanfair.

All those races were you suspected his racing ethics .... dreams! Never happened!

Quite right. Glad you've come to your senses at last! :rolleyes:

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It must be great to be you Merlin, being right all of the time :rolleyes:

Nah make lots of mistakes these days due to having had too many birthdays! :(

But you don't half go on a bit, my fine feathered friend, about the Fish. :shock: Some of your comments smell like a bad fish - long time no sea ! B)

Edited by Merlin

Something Tsunami has become over the last few years. Maybe it's just getting older but I somehow doubt it.

He says it isn't relevant that Fisher never touched Howe and on that I agree. But what he fails to say is that it is relevant that Fisher picked up drive or grip as others and himself have stated. I am sure he will next tell us all in his great opinion of course how a rider who picks up unexpected drive or grip is always able to control the bike.

Just another case of having a go and running with the pack on a rider he intensely dislikes! Especially the petty comment about how it was great to see one rider put him in his place yet not a word about the great race those same two riders had earlier on when Fisher won.

Pathetic :blink:

BTW To pose a Chrissy question - were you there. :o

Entitled to my own opinion, the same as you. Thanks for the compliment of a 'great' opinion but. :D

It was great to see Fisher put in his place after he shook his left fist after he overtook Lyons out of the 2nd bend in their previous race. Too cocky for his own good and very disrespectful to Lyons.

Just out of curiousity who made Newcastle favourites for the event?

And who composed the following?:

http://www.speedwaygb.com/news7.php?extend.8398.5

Not Newcastle. The programme, as with the build up to the Pairs, had the Diamonds fair and square favourites. We never boasted of winning either event, preferring to hope and pray that we could do something with the best team we have had for about 8 years. Having expectations to my knowledge is not a crime but your previous post lurched in that direction. :(

I'm not trying to knock someone off a bike at speed. :D

There you go again. It's appalling that you suggest a rider is trying to knock another rider off. Despite saying that Fisher picked up drive it doesn't matter to you that a bike would be difficult to control when that happens. Your only assumption is that Fisher was trying to fence another rider and that assumption is purely down to dislike of the rider in question.

As I said before...pathetic.

There you go again. It's appalling that you suggest a rider is trying to knock another rider off. Despite saying that Fisher picked up drive it doesn't matter to you that a bike would be difficult to control when that happens. Your only assumption is that Fisher was trying to fence another rider and that assumption is purely down to dislike of the rider in question.

As I said before...pathetic.

If you are going to read my mind, do it correctly. :o The reason why I don't like Fisher is cos of his track tactics and pits demeanour. :(

Supporting a rider being like that is as you say....pathetic. End of.

I'm not trying to knock someone off a bike at speed. :D

Now that's not funny. You know only too well that riders can knock each other off when they get out of shape and it's not deliberate. Like Kenni Larsen and Mark Lemon at Scunthorpe and Kenni Larsen and Derek Sneddon at Brough Park.

I was really looking forward to my visit to Peterborough. Not been there for years and yes it still is a lovely setting, but what a rip off- prog not worth £4 to sit in the stand £2. we paid it but after entrance fee this was over the top. Newcastle must have been disappointed in not getting through to the final. Rene Bachs E/F put them out of the final. My families disappointment was to to see Scunny not have a race off with Edinburgh to go through to the final....Quote from the prog.PAGE 18. "race-offs in the event of a tie in the semi finals" why advertise it like that to then do a count back? Same number of wins, more 2s for Edinburgh, but 2 x 0s for Edinburgh none for Scunny......A race off would have taken all of a minute and been much fairer. So Newcastle fans your not the only ones to be disappointed us Scunny fans suffer with you. Congrats to the winners!

Totally agree with you about the race off. To go out by 1 point was disappointing - but to actually be level and still be knocked out would be worse! I don't really understand why Edinburgh are counted as being better because they had more second places than Scunthorpe - because they also had more last places.

I think a race off would have been much fairer.

not quite sure how you work out a team that couldn't make the final was the best team.... I'm sure there is logic in there somewhere...

As I said before our riders did enough to win our group - however a single bike failure was the difference between 1st and 3rd in the group. Nothing Rene could do about it.

Edit: for spelling

Edited by Pepper

If you are going to read my mind, do it correctly. :o The reason why I don't like Fisher is cos of his track tactics and pits demeanour. :(

Supporting a rider being like that is as you say....pathetic. End of.

I am not reading your mind I am commenting on your post. You can't answer the question so you try to turn it around. I never asked you why you disliked Fisher. I asked why you assume he was trying to fence another rider when he had picked up drive. But hey ho you side stepped that issue. Something you are very good at when you can't think of a good enough answer.

It's time I stepped out of this now. I mean there is no point in hitting your head against a brick wall and a brick wall is something you do a very good impression of.

Cyaaaaaa

Edited by Midnight_Lady

Totally agree with you about the race off. To go out by 1 point was disappointing - but to actually be level and still be knocked out would be worse! I don't really understand why Edinburgh asre counted as being better because they had more second places than Scunthorpe - because they also had more last places.

I think a race off would have been much fairer.

I agree and I've never understood why race wins should count either then second places on a countback. The two teams should have been allowed to choose two riders to go into a four rider race off with pairs scoring ie the team whose rider finishes last is knocked out.

I agree and I've never understood why race wins should count either then second places on a countback. The two teams should have been allowed to choose two riders to go into a four rider race off with pairs scoring ie the team whose rider finishes last is knocked out.

That would have been a much better way to resolve it. Extra bit of excitement in the meeting and you can't complain if you're knocked out in a race-off but countback is just unfair. Points are points regardless of how you get them!

Now that's not funny. You know only too well that riders can knock each other off when they get out of shape and it's not deliberate. Like Kenni Larsen and Mark Lemon at Scunthorpe and Kenni Larsen and Derek Sneddon at Brough Park.

You mean when Tully pushed Kenni. The start marshalls even pointed out Tully's line in the shale straight out to the outside.

There's always a Monarch version. :D