British Speedway Forum

British U18 Championship At Somerset

Congratulations Bren.

Despite my obvious joy,this was a cracking meeting.Lots of very close racing throughout.Many times,only centimeteres seperating riders.

Everyone seemed to take points off each other.Early on,Garrity looked superb.Howarth looking lively as well.Jacobs quietly going about his business.When Perry learns to gate with everyone else,look out.Very impressive.

With points being dropped,the meeting was kept alive right until the end.Qualifing for the Semi and Final chopping and changing after each race.Just how you would hope it would.There was something for everyone.

Many Thanks to Phil and Ellie Kirk and Brendans Nan for your company on the first turn.We were the quartet going bonkers at the end. :D I was quite literally in tears as he crossed the line.Very very proud to be classed as a friend and allowing us to share your success.

Brendan Johnson BRITISH U18 CHAMPION 2010.I like it. :approve:

An excellent evening's entertainment.

Firstly it was a superb result for Brendan Johnson - on his post injury form he wasn't one of last night's favourites, but he took his opportunity in both the semi and final off the least favoured gate. Hopefully this will boost his confidence and we will see more of the promise that he showed before his injury. I'm really pleased for him and his family who have been through so much in the last 12 months.

The whole meeting was really close. After 16 heats just one point separated the top 7 riders. And not a single race stopped as a result of a fall. The quality of the racing was excellent and unlike Super 7 events the presentation was excellent with 24 races completed by 9.45pm. Heats 15 and 16 were among the best races I've seen this year.

Although I don't think there were any future world champions on show but there were plenty of riders with the potential to become part of the solid platform of home grown riders that British speedway needs - not just the riders that finished at the top of the field but also some of the ones lower down the order like Oliver Rayson and Darryl Ritchings.

An excellent meeting very well run by Somerset Speedway. Those who think its not worth bothering about know little of the sport! Anyone who saw Freemantle's last two rides saw a 14 year old of some talent. There were many other top performances and some super racing. As for the winner well I am biased, and after last years horror crash I was unsure if we would ever see nights like this. But with the support of a brilliant family he has edged he way back up to this week where everything has fell into place! Well done Brendan British U18 Champion!! Great company Bob and Mary see you all soon, and well done to all 18 lads you are a credit to the sport.

Brendan Johnson British under 18 Champion. Think you'll be hearing that a few times in the near future when being introduced at meetings, and very much deserved too.

There was a lot of happy people on the back straight at Weymouth last night when I read out Bob's last text.

Really chuffed for ya Bren. And the crew (family).

Bin :wink:

Well done Brendan

You've proved yourself a champion to yourself and everyone else.

Having overcome everything you have to finish on top of the pile.

Here's to an even greater future.

Edited by Mr. Clemens