British Speedway Forum

Swc- Poland 24/07/2010

BORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG WELL DONE OLE OLSEN YOU EGOTISTICAL FOOL...................................

Eh? blink.gifrolleyes.gif

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dusty,slick and not much passing,Ole Olsen is back. :blink:

BORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG WELL DONE OLE OLSEN YOU EGOTISTICAL FOOL...................................

One could forgive total newcomers to the sport coming to such conclusions after the first batch of races in a speedway meeting. However, if you are a member of the forum you must have seen speedway before and know that from it's inception and throughout the history of the sport in 99% of meetings ever staged there is limited passing in the initial races.

So for those who may have turned off you missed some excellent races and plenty of passing. Once again yet another great speedway event on Sky this season.

I so wish before the main event promoters would put on races containing 'second-half' riders or junior leagues in order to 'rough up' the track. Then from the outset we would have the possibility of good racing without having to wait until the latter stages. It would also increase the chance of gaining new supporters to the sport who swap channels after seeing a few races of follow my leader on tv.

Danish Tv are now not showing this event live due to Sunday bingo :angry:

Alun

Oh Alun,

That is very sad! Speedway ousted by Bingo!!! sad.gif

Agreed very sad but.......WHO WON THE BINGO?

Watching replays of the heat 14 crash sends a shiver down your spine. It wasn't just that the footrest could have hit Denis Gizatullin in the head but, the more probable dreadful outcome was that until the last split second evasive action taken by Lukas Dryml he was in line to ride over his neck!

It could have been a very black day for the sport indeed.

Nice to see some spirited riding by the russians once more, if only Emil had been available. So long as the sport doesn't further disintegrate in Russia as it has the last year or two they could prove a lively team over the years to come. But possibly looking tenuous over there, not sure.

Agreed very sad but.......WHO WON THE BINGO?

I saw a very entertaining meeting and even though postions one to four were decided relatively early, there were some good races and incidents to keep the interest. The Russians are alway lively competitors. And what can You say about this Polish team's performance. Wonderful and how deserving that Gollob's win in the last heat got them to break the old record.

This was a nice warm-up for King's Lynn and the two events at Vojens. It will get better and better. I love the SWC :D

One could forgive total newcomers to the sport coming to such conclusions after the first batch of races in a speedway meeting. However, if you are a member of the forum you must have seen speedway before and know that from it's inception and throughout the history of the sport in 99% of meetings ever staged there is limited passing in the initial races.

So for those who may have turned off you missed some excellent races and plenty of passing. Once again yet another great speedway event on Sky this season.

I so wish before the main event promoters would put on races containing 'second-half' riders or junior leagues in order to 'rough up' the track. Then from the outset we would have the possibility of good racing without having to wait until the latter stages. It would also increase the chance of gaining new supporters to the sport who swap channels after seeing a few races of follow my leader on tv.

Well I'm sorry Manchesterpaul I am no newcomer and I found the whole thing totally boring, couldn't you tell Ole Olsen was back in charge, very slick, dry dusty track even Sam was disappointed with it, it just does not make for an exciting spectacle that surely Speedway needs that at the moment, but still Olsen carries on preparing these tracks and is allowed to do so, I bet it will be just the same at Vojens. It just does not do Speedway as a sport any favours, how can you possibly expect to attract new fans to that, if I had paid out hard earned money to watch that borfest I would be furious.

I have seen better RACING at Premier League tracks,I don't know about gaining new supporters they also need to hang on to the old ones, ok good crowds are the norm in Poland, but for TV viewing very poor. I do hope that the Kings Lynn track curator is allowed some say in the way their track is prepared on Monday.

Rant over.

Well I'm sorry Manchesterpaul I am no newcomer and I found the whole thing totally boring, couldn't you tell Ole Olsen was back in charge, very slick, dry dusty track even Sam was disappointed with it, it just does not make for an exciting spectacle that surely Speedway needs that at the moment, but still Olsen carries on preparing these tracks and is allowed to do so, I bet it will be just the same at Vojens. It just does not do Speedway as a sport any favours, how can you possibly expect to attract new fans to that, if I had paid out hard earned money to watch that borfest I would be furious.

I have seen better RACING at Premier League tracks,I don't know about gaining new supporters they also need to hang on to the old ones, ok good crowds are the norm in Poland, but for TV viewing very poor. I do hope that the Kings Lynn track curator is allowed some say in the way their track is prepared on Monday.

Rant over.

How good it is for Manchesterpaul to tell us the error of our ways,like you Ive been going to speedway for years and I dont need to know what a slick,dusty track looks like.The passing was mainly by the Polish riders when they werent off gate 4.

As for Kings Lynn tomorrow,as Chris Louis said,lets hope its not grippy for practice and slick for the meeting.

Edited by screm

I fell asleep half way through, possibly due to running around in the park this morning playing cricket, possibly the Sunday roast I consumed before the speedway... Whatever caused my afternoon torpidity it didn't help that the racing was uninspiring early on... Apart from Holta coming from last to first I can't remember another incident of note, apart from Gollob being let back into a heat he should've been excluded from due to a very lenient referee.

I hope tomorrows meeting is more inspiring.

Here we go again ... aother World Cup and another set of slick tracks. Plesae Kings Lynn fans come on here after Monday night and tell me the track was "as usual" and not as slick as Bryan Ferry's quif.

Didn't you just feel for the Russians looking for some grip out at the fence? we know the Dames love slick tracks (especially B Pederson, N Pederson <I know he wasn't riding today> , Bjerre and Anderson) and Ole always does his best to oblige. I can sort of accept a bit of home advantage but would the Poles have preapared such a slick track if it was down to them?

OK so we go to Kings Lynn. In my opion our riders prefer the following:-

Bomber - Grip

Scotty - Grip

Stead - Grip

Lee - Slick

Woofy - Slick/Grip

If we prepare the track ... I know how I'd preapre it ....

Grrrhhh

I fell asleep half way through, possibly due to running around in the park this morning playing cricket, possibly the Sunday roast I consumed before the speedway... Whatever caused my afternoon torpidity it didn't help that the racing was uninspiring early on... Apart from Holta coming from last to first I can't remember another incident of note, apart from Gollob being let back into a heat he should've been excluded from due to a very lenient referee.

I hope tomorrows meeting is more inspiring.

I hope the cricket went better than the Rockets did last night. :unsure:

Eh? blink.gifrolleyes.gif

Way to slick most of the heats were too predictable and with olsen in charge always will be a borefest. Look at this years grand prix series olsen out of the way in track prep and the series is being talked about as the most exciting in years , so i rest my case...............

Way to slick most of the heats were too predictable and with olsen in charge always will be a borefest. Look at this years grand prix series olsen out of the way in track prep and the series is being talked about as the most exciting in years , so i rest my case...............

You guys talk rubbish, better get some knowledge first. Weather forecast was more rain between 14:00-17:00 and it was a must to prepare slick/hard as a rock track to avoid another postponement. Rain missed Gorzow finally, but don't blame people in charge for slick track.

Hope it will be grippy tomorrow in King's Lynn.

You guys talk rubbish, better get some knowledge first. Weather forecast was more rain between 14:00-17:00 and it was a must to prepare slick/hard as a rock track to avoid another postponement. Rain missed Gorzow finally, but don't blame people in charge for slick track.

Hope it will be grippy tomorrow in King's Lynn.

Incredible absolutely incredible. :lol:

It was by no means a dreadful meeting. Some of Kolodziej's moves were very sweet and Gollob's antics were entertaining (pointing at Ales Dryml and then that superb move in Ht 25). The only problem was the meeting started slowly and just as the racing improved the Polish steamroller kicked into overdrive and the meeting was not really competitive. There was very little fight from the Danes and the Russians were not the same without Sayfutdinov, while the Czechs were woeful. Had the scores been competitive, the meeting would probably have recorded more positive comment. It wasn't bad; it was just there was only one competitive team out of four.

SOME of the posts here today are not only ridiculous but also uninformed. Yes, pirateandi, I am thinking of yours.

For starters Ole Olsen has been involved with SGP track preparation this year, at Copenhagen and Cardiff, described by Jason Crump as the "best two tracks I have ridden on this year, temporary or otherwise."

It is true that Tony Olsson has a big say in the SGP and SWC tracks and generally he likes to let the local people do their stuff. That can work (Torun/Leszno) or sometimes (Prague) not.

But, no, Olsen wasn't in charge at Gorzow today. The track was under water yesterday and the original weather forecast for this afternoon was for still more rain. Understandably the local track guys scrapped the surface this morning and there was little more they could do given the time available and the possibility of more rain.

But it is all too easy to blame the track for what you perceive to be a lack of passing. I saw lots of passing by the riders who had the skill to do so. Janus Kolodzeij, for example, rode two classically speedway races, cutting back up the inside. The bottom line is that right now the Polish riders are on top of the world because they are the best and if you think the track is the only reason why they amassed 68 points then....

PHILIP RISING

Come on, Mr Rising, it's one thing for Nigel Pearson to struggle to pronounce Janusz Kolodziej (Yanush Kowojey, I am informed), but a trained journalist should be able to spell it correctly.

Personally, I thought the best GP at Prague was the one with the rain delay and then the top surface removed from the track. That produced some fine racing and none of the ruts that usually appear at the Marketa.

Edited by ladyluck

It was by no means a dreadful meeting. Some of Kolodziej's moves were very sweet and Gollob's antics were entertaining (pointing at Ales Dryml and then that superb move in Ht 25). The only problem was the meeting started slowly and just as the racing improved the Polish steamroller kicked into overdrive and the meeting was not really competitive. There was very little fight from the Danes and the Russians were not the same without Sayfutdinov, while the Czechs were woeful. Had the scores been competitive, the meeting would probably have recorded more positive comment. It wasn't bad; it was just there was only one competitive team out of four.

I think you have summed it up perfectly.

I quite enjoyed the meeting.

....and sadly for any real interest,this years SWC is a no contest.What with the wholesale slump in Denmarks(Bjerre not included)form and the under strength Aussies,Poland would win this year in any country.The only interest is in the minor placings and the hope of some good racesAnd the way it is looking Denmark fans might have to wait until the team is made up of Bjerres(Kenneth and Lasse) and Jensens(Michael Jepsen,Mikkel.B and Rasmus) before they win again.....

Edited by iris123

I hope the cricket went better than the Rockets did last night. :unsure:

Playing cricket with my son far outweighs anything that may or may not happen to Rye House... Unlike some, speedway is quite low on my list of priorities at the moment