British Speedway Forum

Stoke Sign Bager And Vissing Leaves

Lubos' average from 10 PL meetings this season is 4.09. It's all about the facts as Tsunami keeps saying, and that figure is a fact. He has dropped more than half his average.

Yes, but there's no way Lubos's average will stay that low. It's a good piece of management by Stoke - Lubos will soon be a much lower figure at which point they can beef up the team further, and they may end up with Lubos at reserve at some point, and he'll clean up from there.

There's not an exhaustible supply of riders, you have to fit in who is available and is willing to ride. Please point out another rider who Stoke should have signed at this point.

All the best

Rob

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lubos will soon be a much lower figure at which point they can beef up the team further

There's not an exhaustible supply of riders, you have to fit in who is available and is willing to ride. Please point out another rider who Stoke should have signed at this point.

:rolleyes:

I did say "at this point". :wink: And you still haven't come up with a name. :rolleyes:

All the best

Rob

Yes Rob, but his point is to knock not contribute. A trait he follows through on most threads. :(

Yes Rob, but his point is to knock not contribute. A trait he follows through on most threads. :(

Tsunami, unfortunately that does seem to be the case. :neutral:

Both you and I know that Lubos is a good signing for Stoke in the long run. Given the right atmosphere and encouragment, he will flourish.

And Malcolm Vasey is a wily old fox, he'll be aware that Lubos's average is due to drop and will plan accordingly. By the end of the season, Stoke will finish a difficult season with a highly competitive team, which hopefully they can take into next season.

All the best

Rob

I did say "at this point". :wink: And you still haven't come up with a name. :rolleyes:

All the best

Rob

We are nearly half way through July, it is highly unlikely another 9 point rider is going to appear out of the blue in the next two weeks.

Pot called the kettle black.

With Jason now out for the season....or so the local media have stated; how does that affect the type of rider Stoke are looking for?. There is not the 9 point men out there to pick up, interesting to see what Stoke will do.

All the best

Rob

Vissing?

Nermark?

Ruud?

Alden?

Ljung?

I'd hazard a guess they'd all fit, just depends how much Stoke wish to pay. With the signing of Tomicek, one would hazard a guess at not very much.

Edited by Najjer

Vissing?

Nermark?

Ruud?

Alden?

Ljung?

I'd hazard a guess they'd all fit, just depends how much Stoke wish to pay. With the signing of Tomicek, one would hazard a guess at not very much.

You could also add Piszcz, Sitera, Simota...do you think the Stoke promotion won't have already tried these? And that often, it isn't due to the points money at all?

With Jason now out for the season....or so the local media have stated; how does that affect the type of rider Stoke are looking for?. There is not the 9 point men out there to pick up, interesting to see what Stoke will do.

And then by the time Bunyan is fit, Tomicek has his new average and Bunyan could slot back in, and Stoke can track Bunyan, Vissing & Tomicek. I said Malcolm Vasey was a wily old fox. :wink:

All the best

Rob

It's likely Jason will miss the rest of this campaign, so I guess you mean 2011 then Rob? Dave Tattum puts the team together too, he is the promoter, Malcolm is just team manager, whilst i'm sure he does have a say, Tattum is the man with the chequebook.

Malcolm is just team manager

How flattering Ben.

Do you think I would be at a Club where my views were not constantly sought by the boss as far as the team situation goes. If so you don't know me. Of course there are budgetary restraints but Dave and I have had what seems like a thousand conversations this month and you would not be able to dream about what and how those discussions went, our aspirations or anything else about us. And reading some of your comments on here I am left with the view that most of what you have to say is negative and depressing and like Najjer I don't expect you would respond to an invitation to have a face to face discussion. Not that such an event would be any more than that becuase I always ddo my best to be polite to everyone.

But I would confine your remarks at present to the "Tyson Nelson Affair" that should keep you busy without having to worry how the Management Structure at Stoke is constructed and operates because you have demonstrated very clearly that you haven't a clue.

Malcolm Vasey

How flattering Ben.

Do you think I would be at a Club where my views were not constantly sought by the boss as far as the team situation goes. If so you don't know me. Of course there are budgetary restraints but Dave and I have had what seems like a thousand conversations this month and you would not be able to dream about what and how those discussions went, our aspirations or anything else about us. And reading some of your comments on here I am left with the view that most of what you have to say is negative and depressing and like Najjer I don't expect you would respond to an invitation to have a face to face discussion. Not that such an event would be any more than that becuase I always ddo my best to be polite to everyone.

But I would confine your remarks at present to the "Tyson Nelson Affair" that should keep you busy without having to worry how the Management Structure at Stoke is constructed and operates because you have demonstrated very clearly that you haven't a clue.

Malcolm Vasey

Malcolm you have not read my post correctly, it was not a dig at you and Dave Tattum does have the final say on team affairs as promoter, am I right?

It's funny how you are polite to everyone, however recently I sent you a pm to ask you a few questions regarding the National League, something on which I feel you are the best authority, yet I did not even recieved a courtious reply... You may well be Stoke team manager, however I regard you as another poster here, that does not change my opinion of you as a team manager/promoter, but I will not brown nose you like some other members on here do to yourself and others who are involved with clubs. As for meeting you face to face I have no problem with that, I am passionate about the sport and to discuss it with someone just as passionate would be a pleasure. I state things as they are, I don't think Lubos Tomicek is a good signing and I am perfectly within my rights to say that. It does not mean I have a negative attitude or a problem with lubos and Stoke, in fact ihighly rated the Potters this season before your misfortunes, which have been a shame as I do like the club and you deserve to do well. Maybe my respect has been misplaced.

Sorry Ben I just find your attitude inflexible and tedious.

My offer of a face to face discussion stands just so that I can see if the arrogance that you display on here is for real. Perhaps in any event I wouldn't know, after all I'm just the Team Manager.

Malcolm Vasey

Sorry Ben I just find your attitude inflexible and tedious.

My offer of a face to face discussion stands just so that I can see if the arrogance that you display on here is for real. Perhaps in any event I wouldn't know, after all I'm just the Team Manager.

Malcolm Vasey

Inflexible? Arrogance? I have my own opinion and if I believe in that then I will not change it just to please others, too many people are sheep here. Of course, yet again you are not acknowledging the whole post I have made, I'll put it below for clarity, the bit in bold is the important part... I'll make this clear Malcolm, your position of team manager does not place you on a higher ground than any other poster on this forum, neither does it factor into what I say to you in my posts, be it good or bad, the forum is for debate, unfortunately recently this has descended into personal abuse from most posters here, whilst others are just yes men to those who have any kind of connection to the sport than being a supporter. I tell things how I see them and that won't change for anyone or anything.

Malcolm is just team manager, whilst i'm sure he does have a say, Tattum is the man with the chequebook.