British Speedway Forum

Fim 80cc Gold Trophy 2010

2010 FIM 80cc Gold Trophy

7-10 July, Vojens (Denmark)

Please see below for the lineups of the 3 Qualification rounds.

Quali 1: (11+1 to Semi Final)

1. Jason Jörgensen (Denmark)

2. Kacper Woryna (Poland)

3. Glenn Moi (Norway)

4. Oskar Karlsson (Sweden)

5. Richard Cavazzi (Denmark)

6. Vili Mattila (Finland)

7. Espen Sundvor (Norway)

8. Björn Nilsson (Sweden)

9. Andreas Lyager (Denmark)

10. Rasmus Broberg (Sweden)

11. Anders Thomsen (Denmark)

12. Robert Chmiel (Poland)

13. Jonas Engdahl (Sweden)

14. Kenni Nissen (Denmark)

15. Mads Jensen (Denmark)

16. Jooa Partanen (Finland)

17. Michael Thyme (Denmark)

18. Mikkel B Andersen (Denmark)

Quali 2: (10+2 to Semi Final)

1. Andreas Runesson (Sweden)

2. Patrick Lykke Nielsen (Denmark)

3. Joel King (Sweden)

4. Fredrik Engman (Sweden)

5. Lasse Portner (Denmark)

6. Lasse Fredriksen (Norway)

7. Patrick Haug (Denmark)

8. Simon Selch (Denmark)

9. Vili Hautala (Finland)

10. Emil Grondal (Denmark)

11. Freddie Broms (Sweden)

12. Dominik Kossakowski (Poland)

13. Emil Norret (Denmark)

14. Cameron Heeps (Australia)

15. Kamil Wieczorek (Poland)

16. Frederik Jakobsen (Denmark)

17. Frederik Kirial (Denmark)

18. Patrick Josefsen (Denmark)

Quali 3: (11+1 to Semi Final)

1. Kenny Wennerstam (Sweden)

2. Kian Headley (Denmark)

3. Jarle Skaeveland (Norway)

4. Mike Nielsen (Denmark)

5. henri Ahlbom (Finland)

6. Sam Jensen (Denmark)

7. Mark Frimodt Pedersen (Denmark)

8. Dominik Möser (Germany)

9. Joel Andersson (Sweden)

10. Nikolaj Andersen (Denmark)

11. Jsper Svharff (Denmark)

12. Miikka Hyyryläinen (Finland)

13. Alexander Johansson (Sweden)

14. Oskar Polis (Poland)

15. Martin Steen Hansen (Denmark)

16. Stefan Hurtig (Sweden)

17. Mark Svaneholm Deyer (Denmark)

18. Joans Jensen (Denmark)

Edited by DutchGrasstrack

• 2 weeks later...

Results of todays qualiers can be found here

Hae to say i was ery impressed with the Aussies Brady Kurtz and Camo Heeps.Along with the surprise(for me)of a German getting on the podium(Well done Dominik Möser :approve: )they stopped the Danish domination of the meetings.

Result of the first semi and a 1-2-3 for Denmark with favourite and current Euro Champ Kenni Nissen coming out on top.Should have had a max yesterday but his bike stopped while he was in the lead.....and someone said he might hae forgot to put fuel in the bike after the machine examination!!!! :o But Brady Kurtz had a respectable 10 points to go through to the final.And unlucky for the son of one of our forum members,Simon Selch is only reserve for the final

Hope for good news about Domi Möser and Camo Heeps in the second semi

Semi 1

and resulzs from Semi 2

Edited by iris123

Result of the first semi and a 1-2-3 for Denmark with favourite and current Euro Champ Kenni Nissen coming out on top.Should have had a max yesterday but his bike stopped while he was in the lead.....and someone said he might hae forgot to put fuel in the bike after the machine examination!!!! :o But Brady Kurtz had a respectable 10 points to go through to the final.And unlucky for the son of one of our forum members,Simon Selch is only reserve for the final

Hope for good news about Domi Möser and Camo Heeps in the second semi

Semi 1

and resulzs from Semi 2

Heja SVERIGE!!

Come on you SWEDES in the WORLD FINAL!

Give em HELL!

Good showing by the Aussie boys, all three making the final. not bad considering we dont use those bikes.

Well done.

Chopper

Absolutely.The Aussie boys always make a great impression in Denmark.On thursday a few of the Danish shooting stars were firmly in the Aussie camp.2 time World 80cc Champ Mikkel Michelsen and Mikkel B.Jensen were seen shouting "Aussie,aussie,aussie" :lol: And were spending a lot of time with Brady Kurtz and Cameron Heeps.And of course Camo had a fair bit of support from Rasmus Jensen and his family as he has been staying with them for a couple of months now.Talked to Brady Kurtz's father and he does hae an 80cc bike back home in Oz and Camo has been riding for a couple of teams in the league in Denmark.Just a pity(and it was said by a few people)that Arthur Sissis was not there.One of the most talented riders i hae ever seen on an 80cc bike

A few pix from yesterdays meetings here

Great pix, Doug. I particularly like the appearance of the young riders. They all wear their national flags on their race jackets. How refreshing to see this, just as it used to be in the good old days of the 70's and 80's. It is such a shame that this is no longer the case in the senior modern day world championship events. Wearing the national colours on Your breast plate gives the riders such a proud and noble appearance, much better than wearing any kind of a sponsors logo.

I must say, that this national flag or emblem (such as England's Three Lions or Poland's White Eagle) worn by the speedway riders in international competition has always been one aspect of why speedway appealed so much more to me than moto cross or road racing. The same goes for the club team emblems worn in league racing. This is such a beautyful heritage that makes speedway something special in the world of motor sports. Sadly this is now much neglected in these modern times of putting a sponsors' logo on every available square inch of a riders' body or bike.

At least in the SWC they are now back to give the national teams a national identy appearance. I like that.

This 80cc FIM Youth Gold Trophy really is a great tournament fro teh youngsters. I particularly like the compact way of running it at one track with three Qualifying Rounds, then two Semi-finals and a true world final of the last sixteen, all this within the space of just four days. This makes it so much more easy for long distance travellers like the Aussies to participate. And the same goes for traveling fans who can spend a short week at this place and see all of the meetings. This is a beauty, indeed!

Edited by Bavarian

Great pix, Doug. I particularly like the appearance of the young riders. They all wear their national flags on their race jackets. How refreshing to see this, just as it used to be in the good old days of the 70's and 80's. It is such a shame that this is no longer the case in the senior modern day world championship events. Wearing the national colours on Your breast plate gives the riders such a proud and noble appearance, much better than wearing any kind of a sponsors logo.

I must say, that this national flag or emblem (such as England's Three Lions or Poland's White Eagle) worn by the speedway riders in international competition has always been one aspect of why speedway appealed so much more to me than moto cross or road racing. The same goes for the club team emblems worn in league racing. This is such a beautyful heritage that makes speedway something special in the world of motor sports. Sadly this is now much neglected in these modern times of putting a sponsors' logo on every available square inch of a riders' body or bike.

At least in the SWC they are now back to give the national teams a national identy appearance. I like that.

This 80cc FIM Youth Gold Trophy really is a great tournament fro teh youngsters. I particularly like the compact way of running it at one track with three Qualifying Rounds, then two Semi-finals and a true world final of the last sixteen, all this within the space of just four days. This makes it so much more easy for long distance travellers like the Aussies to participate. And the same goes for traveling fans who can spend a short week at this place and see all of the meetings. This is a beauty, indeed!

Thanks for the compliment Christian.I totally agree with what you say.Those old race jackets were superb.The Swedish with the 3 crowns etc.It really is a great tournament.Everyone comes together from all countries and help comes from all quarters.I have made friends with some of the fathers of these riders over the years.Mr Woryna being one.And it is great to see young Kacper having seen his Grandfather Toni ride all those years ago.It is also great to see Erik in his element among these youngsters.I know he is there in an official capacity for the young Danish kids,but he is there giving advice and encouragement to all,regardless of nation.It is perhaps my favourite speedway tournament/week and i was so p'd off that my bike packed up near Schleswig on my way to Vojens so i missed the Final :( People might think "junior speedway,not my cup of tea" but there is some fantastic racing and i must compliment the Vojens staff who organised this event superbly.Thursday was very hot and dry,but they got through 62 heats ahead of schedule and that with track prep after every 2 heats! A quick run round with the grader and a sprinkle of water and the track held up superbly.A lot of tracks could learn from this,especially in Germany where things just drag out soooo long

I assume there was no 4-team international event after the Final, like there has been in recent years?

There was... It was won by the Danes, Austalia (including 2 Danes) came 2nd, Sweden 3rd and Poland finished last.

You can see the Race Card here

Many thanks for that