British Speedway Forum

Swc Event 2, King's Lynn, 26/7

Probably when they are standing on the terraces on the 26th.

You did ask Trees :rolleyes:

...but no-one answered - unless it was a rhetorical question?

Edited by BigFatDave

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is looking more like riders are just using the silencers as an excuse not to compete.

The worrying trend is riders don't want to compete in FIM meetings because of the payments, as the British attitude to the U21 WC showed.

Lindgren, as far as I know, has always ridden the SWC when selected and has got (I believe) four medals to show for his efforts.

His view, in gist from tonight's Wolves Express & Star, is that the silencers don't help the bikes or the sport. He's riding the GP qualifiers (with the new silencers, despite blowing an engine in the last round) because being a GP rider is important exposure for his sponsors. Always proud to ride for Sweden, SWC is a fun week with good racing. But boycott decision has been taken by four riders as a team (Lindgren, AJ, Zetters and Jonas Davidsson) and they are sticking to it. Hopes Polish and Danish riders will also join the objections.

Come to think of it, if it's five-man teams presumably someone has decided not to join the boycott. Anybody any ideas?

Just on the GB U21 team, Mark246, was that not affected last year more by injury (eg Barker broken leg) than payment attitudes? Or have I missed something?

Lindgren, as far as I know, has always ridden the SWC when selected and has got (I believe) four medals to show for his efforts.

His view, in gist from tonight's Wolves Express & Star, is that the silencers don't help the bikes or the sport. He's riding the GP qualifiers (with the new silencers, despite blowing an engine in the last round) because being a GP rider is important exposure for his sponsors. Always proud to ride for Sweden, SWC is a fun week with good racing. But boycott decision has been taken by four riders as a team (Lindgren, AJ, Zetters and Jonas Davidsson) and they are sticking to it. Hopes Polish and Danish riders will also join the objections.

Come to think of it, if it's five-man teams presumably someone has decided not to join the boycott. Anybody any ideas?

Just on the GB U21 team, Mark246, was that not affected last year more by injury (eg Barker broken leg) than payment attitudes? Or have I missed something?

I my opinion I hope the FIM / BSI sanction bans to those riders for being completely pathetic little children. Rules and reg change all the time and throwing ya toys out the pram isn't the answer.

New silencers were mentioned numerous times during Polish Extraligue meetings on TV not one rider had anything positive to say about them ,most think they are dangerous as bikes are loosing power at times and should be banned by FIM(new silencers that is).

So who do we get in touch with to find out the lineups cos as fans we need to know who we are going to be watching in this meeting!!!

Trees, one Daily newspaper says Boycey has been hit by a request from Crumpie & Adams not to be selected. Adams sights that he wishes for younger riders to be given the chance.

Guess that means Davey Watt wil be in.icon_lol.gificon_smile_wink.gif

Having visited the NA last night i have to say that i hope the circuit is prepared exactly the same. The Team GB riders should be very happy with that.

Edited by colincooke

So, the World Cup week is on it's way. Kings Lynn due to stage the Qualifying Round for us. I heard that they are moaning about the requirements and other things and don't actually want to stage it at all.

Have they been told to move the bouncy castle from where it is presently degrading and put it round the concrete wall? :lol: All joking aside, i'm hoping to be present at this one, hopefully the track is prepared to give us some good racing.

Have they been told to move the bouncy castle from where it is presently degrading and put it round the concrete wall? :lol: All joking aside, i'm hoping to be present at this one, hopefully the track is prepared to give us some good racing.

Well check your travel plans, if Kings Lynn carry on kicking up such a fuss, you might have to go to Coventry to watch it instead! :o

I heard that they are moaning about the requirements and other things and don't actually want to stage it at all.

From what Ive heard, seen & have been told Im afraid you couldn't be any further a way from the truth than you are. Kings Lynn cant wait to stage this meeting & are really looking forward to put on a good meeting/show. So maybe they could hold the SWC again or another major FIM event in the speedway calender.

To say that they dont wanna stage it at all, your miles off im afraid.

Im sure I heard that the Team GB line up will be announced on the SKY meeting tomorrow (Monday) along with the 2011 Cardiff date. :approve:

From what Ive heard, seen & have been told Im afraid you couldn't be any further a way from the truth than you are. Kings Lynn cant wait to stage this meeting & are really looking forward to put on a good meeting/show. So maybe they could hold the SWC again or another major FIM event in the speedway calender.

I'm sure the music will be top notch too ;)