British Speedway Forum

Swc Event 2, King's Lynn, 26/7

I've taken some convincing but I have to agree with this.. Lyon's a very good team manager and he's great for team GB.. definitely the man for the job :)

What's he done? Last year did we do well?

This year we scrapped through with Crump and Adams missing.

I tell you what. If we make top three on Saturday I will say he is the man for the job.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to state my thanks to everyone who put on a fantastic event last night, as well as a thrilling race meeting. What a great occasion, atmosphere and run smoothly throughout. Made even better by GB winning an awesome fight with Australia. King's Lynn have certainly done themselves a lot of good in being considered to stage further big international meetings.

So let me get this straight...Shazzybird says she saw SCB/Silver Bee et all cheering when Rory fell off, which they deny, and she actually spoke to one fo them about it last night....is that correct? :unsure:

My question is, even if you don't believe their answer what was the point in having a go at them on here? Other than to be holier than thou? :rolleyes:

If I have a problem with someone at a meeting I will tell them so and deal with it there and then....to then bring it up on here just to try and belittle other posters is unecessary and petty! :o

Oh and I'm no great mate of either of those you decided to 'name and shame' - far from it as I'm sure Silver Bee will confirm! :wink: - I just think it is ridiculous! :rolleyes:

I tell you what. If we make top two on Saturday I will sy he is the nam for the job.

So we should have gone with the other candidate Roscoe who has achieved what?

I say it as I see it. I don't personally attack anyone or am abusive. It's a shame you can't argue your point to me without name calling.

One does apologise Steve but i say it as i see it..and you <personal abuse removed>.the Premier league has so much to offer and doing down teams in our league because they don't have the dosh for plush grandstands etc seems a very narrow attitude to have, but there ya go.I've seen some of the best speedway in my life in spartan (to put it politely) surroundings.It's the racing that i go to see because above everything i love speedway. If you'll pardon the expression ..you sound very 'Elitist' B)

p.s anyone who did cheer Rory Schlein (or any rider come to think of it) when he came off last night deserves a boot right up their hard drive..capiche?Give the lad pelters when he is up and ok by all means-we pays our money etc etc but if people did do that it's disgraceful :rolleyes:

Say what you like SCB even someone that was stood with you moved away because they were too embarrased to stand with you after you cheered Rory falling ..... errrr rewind and just re-think who you said you were cheering for in "that" race icon_lol.gif to be a good liar you have to have a good memory something you clearly do not have! You can try to lie your way out of this you cheered a fallen rider and laughed and clapped at the fact!! I'm not arguing with you I'm telling you what I saw and heard! Some people do this regular but I would of thought with his Mum right behind you, I found it very tactless.

I did NOT cheer, clap or laugh when Rory went down. I did cheer and clap and cheer Tero Arnio (as you were told last night, clearly you don't have the memory to remember who we told you we were cheering for!) every time he rode past us because he was doing us Brits a favour and I'll not be making any apology for that one. I did the same when Hautimaki briefly lead Holder and the same for Kylmakorpi when he had a 2nd behind Rico.

I'll admit I have in the past cheered in the heat of the moment when a riders gone down and my team has gained and instantly regretted but I have NEVER laughed at a rider falling off or clapped that a rider is down and I did NOT cheer last night. I've stood with Sandie at Brandon now for 5 or 6 seasons, ask her how many times I've cheered a rider falling.

Who was this "someone" that moved away then?

And sorry, I meant 2 metres, not 20.

I say it as I see it. I don't personally attack anyone or am abusive. It's a shame you can't argue your point to me without name calling.

Steve I think it is the condescending tone with which you say most things, which gets up eveyones nose mate!

Take a chill pill.

Edited by Custom House Kid

One does apologise Steve but i say it as i see it..and you <personal abuse removed>.the Premier league has so much to offer and doing down teams in our league because they don't have the dosh for plush grandstands etc seems a very narrow attitude to have, but there ya go.I've seen some of the best speedway in my life in spartan (to put it politely) surroundings.It's the racing that i go to see because above everything i love speedway. If you'll pardon the expression ..you sound very 'Elitist' B)

Where on earth have I mentioned plush grandstands? :unsure: You are making things up to argue your case.

Certain PL teams are under selling themselves by riding at a lower level when they should be able to attract enough through the turnstiles to support an EL team. I thought the crowds at KL, Sheffield and Birminham were healthy. If so why not show some abition and move up? Christ if Birmingham can't find enough people to support an EL team there's no hope.

Where on earth have I mentioned plush grandstands? :unsure: You are making things up to argue your case.

Certain PL teams are under selling themselves by riding at a lower level when they should be able to attract enough through the turnstiles to support an EL team. I thought the crowds at KL, Sheffield and Birminham were healthy. If so why not show some abition and move up? Christ if Birmingham can't find enough people to support an EL team there's no hope.

Apologies (well kind of :wink: )..was using 'plush grandstand' as a metaphor for your superior attitude that comes across in your posts. Why the hell would teams want to come up to the Elite League??the vast majority(not all thankfully :P ) of matches will cure insomnia at a stroke. Some of the worst meetings i've seen have been when the so called 'best riders in the world' have been there.Just because they call it 'Elite' doesn't mean it is in speedway racing and entertainment terms.<personal abuse removed>

Steve I think it is the condescending tone with which you say most things, which gets up eveyones nose mate!

Take a chill pill.

Well said Custom House Kid :D Up the 'Ammers!!!

One of my heroes Jack Young rode for West 'Am and the Monarchs (the only rider to be back to back world champ as a 2nd and then 1st division rider...quality! B) )

Edited by Young51

Shazzybird,

I wasn't anywhere near SCB and other when Rory slide off but I certainly did cheer, and cheered my head off loud & proud. The reason. My team gained an advantage, it really is that simple but concern for fallen riders always follow pretty quick afterwards.

Nobody in their right mind wants to see a rider injured no matter how much you hate said rider but everyone wants to see their team win and I believe like myself that is why people cheer but like last night the cheers soon turned to silence with concern for Rory.

I cheer at everything when an advantage is gained by, overtaking, engine failure, crash, tapes exclusion etc, etc. It's me and it will always be me.

Maybe they look at some of the Elite League teams and see how much they are losing, from what I can see there are not that many of them making any money.

Though unfortunately some very rude people jumped to conclusions and decided to yell abuse at us.

I wasn't going to reply but I will ... my words were "you are out of order for cheering a fallen rider and you know it" if that is deemed as rude and abusive then I apologise had I been closer ................ who knows rolleyes.gif

Still you say "some" to me means plural so they wasn't all wrong then was they! icon_smile_approve.gif

A little question for Stevie Shovlar, If 2 Premier league teams moved up to the Elite can you tell me where the extra 6 heat leaders would come from ? Or would you be happy for the current league to be diluted even further ? ( ok thats 2 little questions ?)

Sorry my maths is not so good. You mention 3 teams moving up so that an extra 9 heat leaders to find.

Edited by semion

I tell you what. If we make top three on Saturday I will say he is the man for the job.

And Niel Middleditch did..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................nope sorry cant think of anything apart from a fighting second spot with a better Team GB than we have now.

And Niel Middleditch did..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................nope sorry cant think of anything apart from a fighting second spot with a better Team GB than we have now.

And on his home track icon_smile_wink.gif

Shazzybird,

I wasn't anywhere near SCB and other when Rory slide off but I certainly did cheer, and cheered my head off loud & proud. The reason. My team gained an advantage, it really is that simple but concern for fallen riders always follow pretty quick afterwards.

Nobody in their right mind wants to see a rider injured no matter how much you hate said rider but everyone wants to see their team win and I believe like myself that is why people cheer but like last night the cheers soon turned to silence with concern for Rory.

I cheer at everything when an advantage is gained by, overtaking, engine failure, crash, tapes exclusion etc, etc. It's me and it will always be me.

While i have no doubt you do not like to see a rider get injured, i must say that to cheer "loud and proud" as you put it when a rider falls and as such puts himself in a situation where he could become injured is very immature.

I was at Meadowbank when the great Peter Cravan had his fatal accident, and although only young i knew it was bad, as a quite hush distended over the stadium. and if i remember correctly not a soul near me cheered when the accident happened. I was also at Belle Vue when Alan Wilkinson Slid off against Swindon, and as i recall, not one of the Swindon fans stood near me on the popular side cheered.

I for one pay to see 4 riders ride 4 laps against each other and am always saddened when 4 riders do not complete the race, but then thats just me! But it sickens me to the pit of my stomach when fans cheer when a rider falls off. Have a little more respect for these men who week in week out risk their lives to bring a little pleasure to tiny minds like yourself! :mad: