British Speedway Forum

Swc Event 2, King's Lynn, 26/7

Absolutely fantastic meeting!

I've got to admit I went into the meeting expecting the Aussies to walk away with it and for us to struggle to keep on terms with the Swedes but the Brit boys really stepped up tonight, If Harris, Nicholls etc had ridden like that at Cardiff then it would have been a much happier night!

It was great to see the arrogant Aussies get knocked down a peg though, looking into the pits you could see Ward, Holder, Smith etc messing around while the Brits were actually getting their heads down and concentrating.

Oh and I apologise to Rico if he thought the people on the 1st bend were booing him after one of his heats, we were actually booing the Aussie who was riding next to him (I think it was Ward)

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how you expect Poles to understand you when we can't

Its a black countty/Brum divide thing :lol:

They probably just don't wanna talk to you!

they heard i spoke to you once , talk about being badly tainted :P

You should have got on well with them icon_smile_tongue.gif

Except it was half hour before you - Your slipping boy. ;-)

got to agree shadders sometimes the result is more important than the quality of the racing.come on the brits

Are you joking? Result over entertainment?? No wonder people are moaning about speedway :rolleyes:

Schlien :lol:

the great bottler returns ;-)

A great meeting that built and built. The close scoreline helped but some of the racing was top drawer stuff.

Proud to be a Brit .

Tho im TEAM Sweden thurs lol

Freddie was awesome tonight as well.

Just a bit gutted that Sayfutdinov is still injured, as he was excellent around Vojens all year last year. SWC and Danish League. He was superbly backed up by the rest of the Russian team last year too! They might be the spoilers for sure.

It's almost three weeks since he got back on a bike again, and I was hoping that he would maybe head for Vojens with the Russian team, but I guess that's not to be.

If Emil had decided to come back for the race off, it would probably have given their manager a bit of a headache over who to leave out after little Laguta's efforts on Sunday :D

Good meeting, great atmosphere and good company. I'd be happy if all speedway meetings were like that one :)

Were you there with Sandie? Her hat copped a coupla shots on the coverage. Not big enough tho'; you could still see 'er underneath!! (Onya Sandie!!)

What a cracking result for Team GB and also British speedway.

Agreed, not the best racing to start, but the scores kept the

meeting interesting and the fans on the edge of their seats.

Sorry Aussie boys, but thats what you get for being arrogant.

After Stead was excluded, they were all walking about laughing

and then that display in front of Holders helmet cam... what a

bunch of pillocks. As the saying goes, It Aint Over Til The Fat

Lady Sings, but you obviously hadn't heard that one.

Had Crump and Adams been there tonight, they wouldn't have let

that kind of behaviour happen, of that I'm sure.

Apart from that, the Aussies were pretty darned good. Roo Boy

looked out of sorts and Batchelor wasn't having one of his better

nights either, but Watt did ok, Holder the same and Ward will learn

that in any World Championship speedway meeting, the riding his

always going to be hard. They'll learn from tonight and won't make

the same mistake again with the cockiness, of that I'm certain.

And what about Tai...woofy woofy woofy.... :lol:

Now lets see people say he isn't British... rode his socks off

all night, took a hit for the cause, stood in the pits with his

GB team mates and then was seen singing the National Anthem at

the end.... How the heck can anyone question his committment now.

Even when he realised that he had lost the point to Ward on his

slow down lap, just see the reaction.... he was gutted.

Just so chuffed for the whole team tonight.

Maybe we won't win the thing, but at least we're in the Final

and you have to be in it to win it.

Go Team GB....

Have to agree with everything you say, the Aussie boys had obviously read the Steve Shovlar script who was going to win.

The larking about with the helmet cam made them look like a bunch of school girls, and if Holder had put as much energy into getting out of the gate as did larking about with his Aussie mate maybe they might not have been in the postion that they are in now.

Lets hope that we finally let Tai get on with his racing rather than questioning the lads commitment to this country, like you say if anyone has any doubts tonight dispelled them.

I would also add that Rob Lyon seems to have got the team pulling and moving in the right direction, he appeared to be the coolest man in the stadium, would the other candidate when he got the job Roscoe been the same I don't think so.

Okay we probably don't stand much chance of winning the Final, and we still hav e a long way to go, but tonight was a step in the right direction.

I dont post often but due to the fact that everyone is entitled to there own opinion and freedom of speech, i feel compelled to say that tonight in my opinion! the racing was awesome, the track was superb, the riders for all teams were fantastic (and lets face it we were not riding), but most importantly Kings Lynn (Norfolk arena) gave a superb venue tonight and yes they were chosen over others. So what ever our personal opinions our or your feelings are to Kings Lynn, lets be honest and say that tonight speedway was the winner, and maybe we could please show some appreciation to the staff and crew that do read this forum and are often the unsung heroes (they do have feelings too) have worked endless hours for not just tonight but for some, many days, weeks and even months too bring you the fans/critics a meeting that will always contain controversy.

As a signing off note I would like to say well done and congratulations to everyone involved tonight and most importantly congratulations to the fans for all there support whoever the team they choose and the rider they follow!

Wonder what the Steve Shovlar Elite League gang are going come up with now, wrong Team Manager, wrong track chosen.

Well Done to British lads and Rob Lyon who looked the coolest dude in the stadium for those who were clambouring for Roscoe to be the Team Manager would he have kept his cool.

And finally can we please stop putting the young 19 year old under the microscope and let him get on with his riding.

At last we agree - great night out. The chapmans have done a superb job on the stadium. What a shame Sheffield cant put in for these type of meetings. ;)

110% effort from the Team GB lads rode their socks off despite some shocking gating.

At last we agree - great night out. The chapmans have done a superb job on the stadium. What a shame Sheffield cant put in for these type of meetings. ;)

110% effort from the Team GB lads rode their socks off despite some shocking gating.

Had to come soon or later that we would agree on something, and twice in one night as I agree with you as well. :)

What's with all the flies caught on camera?

You should have been there - we were smothered.

They came across like a plague of flies. They were in fact green flies.

The covered everything around them and then as quickly as they arrived, they left.

But for the 10 - 15 minutes it was horrid, people swatting and scratching and coughing as the swallowed them!

Horrid - but thank god they disappeared.

The covered everything around them and then as quickly as they arrived, they left.

But for the 10 - 15 minutes it was horrid, people swatting and scratching and coughing as the swallowed them!

Are you saying they didn't taste nice Sandie? :lol:

I dont post often but due to the fact that everyone is entitled to there own opinion and freedom of speech, i feel compelled to say that tonight in my opinion! the racing was awesome, the track was superb, the riders for all teams were fantastic (and lets face it we were not riding), but most importantly Kings Lynn (Norfolk arena) gave a superb venue tonight and yes they were chosen over others. So what ever our personal opinions our or your feelings are to Kings Lynn, lets be honest and say that tonight speedway was the winner, and maybe we could please show some appreciation to the staff and crew that do read this forum and are often the unsung heroes (they do have feelings too) have worked endless hours for not just tonight but for some, many days, weeks and even months too bring you the fans/critics a meeting that will always contain controversy.

As a signing off note I would like to say well done and congratulations to everyone involved tonight and most importantly congratulations to the fans for all there support whoever the team they choose and the rider they follow!

To be fair, for those knocking the track, it doesn't help one iota that they have

the flamming practice on the morning of the meeting.

As in the above post, there are many many unsung heroes working at speedway clubs

the world over, not just in the UK, who put in many many hours of hard work so that

we get speedway to watch.

Having the practice on the morning of the meeting is just plain stupid, it leaves

so little time to prepare the track again, with the result being what we saw last night.

I know from experience, that SaddleBow Road is normally one of THE best prepared tracks

anywhere. Another problem is, that todays riders have become so used to racing on ultra

slick tracks, so when there is even the hint of any dirt, they cant handle it.

Just listen to what Rico said and others... the engines couldn't handle the dirt and

just died... Sums up the motorway speedway of today really.

Anyway, I enjoyed what I saw, plenty of incident and talking points and the most important

thing of all... A Team GB win.

It's almost three weeks since he got back on a bike again, and I was hoping that he would maybe head for Vojens with the Russian team, but I guess that's not to be.

If Emil had decided to come back for the race off, it would probably have given their manager a bit of a headache over who to leave out after little Laguta's efforts on Sunday :D

Emil's expected to come back this Sunday for Bydgoszcz v Czestochowa. So I guess that if he really wanted, he could ride in Vojens this week but I don't think they are going to risk.

Edited by Mateusz

Sounds like something out of the bible!Maybe the Omens are gathering and Rob Lyin has had a visitation from 'Higher Forces' telling him of his teams great impending victory at Vojens in the Lair of the Great Satan (or in this case Ole Olsen :wink: ) Glad everyone enjoyed the meeting.As for the final...well 'you've got to have a dream,if you don't have a dream,how you gonna make a dream come true?'to quote my old chum Captain Sensible :D Enjoy!At least don't come bloody last :P

I see Shovlar & Orion are keep up appearances with there anti King's Lynn negativity. You can tell Shovlar's negativity by his choice of favorite heat in 22. The best and most important heat for me was Harris in 24. That was race of the World Cup so far

Anyone who thinks that a PL club & PL managers shouldn't be anywhere near these big events must have been sick in their laps tonight. Great show. Rob Lyon IS the best man for the job

As for the lads, they all gave everything they had to give. Couldn't have done any more than they did. A million % was given by all and the crowd was fantastic in their support for the lads.

A BIG WELL DONE TO EVERYONE

Edited by screamer

I see Shovlar & Orion are keep up appearances with there anti King's Lynn negativity. You can tell Shovlar's negativity by his choice of favorite heat in 22. The best and most important heat for me was Harris in 24. That was race of the World Cup so far

Anyone who thinks that a PL club & PL managers shouldn't be anywhere near these big events must have been sick in their laps tonight. Great show. Rob Lyon IS the best man for the job

As for the lads, they all gave everything they had to give. Couldn't have done any more than they did. A million % was given by all and the crowd was fantastic in their support for the lads.

A BIG WELL DONE TO EVERYONE

yeed it was great to see kings lynn on the big stage, considering all the aussies were track speciallist we did very well indeed.

at least weve reached the final, more than australia, sweden, denmark & russia

good to see th tesam doing the business on a non "trick track"

pitty the finals at vojens!