British Speedway Forum

Swc Event 2, King's Lynn, 26/7

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It defeats the whole arguement though as he has never been a poole rider!

That's what I thought but I think Sandie was mixing up Shields and Watt, who Cooke referred to as Davey Tw*t I believe. I took it that she finds the whole thing a bit tedious aswell.

Hey i'd say the same no matter who they rode for or as i said before regardless of nationality, those that doubt Adam as a "bully" on the track should've been at Brandon on the 8th. Lisa, surely you don't mean BB.icon_lol.gifohmy.gif

Anyway, i'm looking forward to the action good luck to everyone.

Norfolk Arena always provides a surface for good racing,let's hope that's maintained.

Edited by colincooke

That's what I thought but I think Sandie was mixing up Shields and Watt, who Cooke referred to as Davey Tw*t I believe. I took it that she finds the whole thing a bit tedious aswell.

ooops - Yes and Yes!!!icon_smile_wink.gifbiggrin.gif

Its all getting so bloomin tedious these days!!!!

Now I've bought (sort of... ) a ticket, and my friend can come, rather looking forward to this meeting. Just hope don't have to park up the field and walk a mile to get there, though I suppose I could do with the exercise!

i should be making the trip down for this and im looking forward to it :)

i feel it will be between GB and Australia for who will win it, bit of an advantage for the aussies i feel with riders like Batchelor and Ward who have rode for KL in the past!

come on boys :P

Edited by RideHard

Come on Pearcy dont you get it?!

He's a Poole rider so it is obvious that (some) Coventry fans just have to say something distasteful, in the same way that some Poole fans have to do the same back at Coventry riders!

img]http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Er, are we missing something here, Sheilds a poole rider?? Since when? :unsure:

This looks like a great opportunity for Britain to make the final direct and I think that is their best chance. If it goes to the race-off, they could miss out. However, there should be no reason to fear the Australians or Danes. A good start is essential, otherwise chins could drop.

There's a subtle difference between Hatcham's twisted racism & xenophobia and Cookie's rampant stupidity, which is why Mr H is on my 'Ignore' list and I still get to laugh at Colin's posts.

I have only just seen this and i have to say i am absolutely incensed! I have never ever been either racist or xenophobic, and find these libelous comments extremely offensive.

If i do not receive a full and public apology, there will be repercussions...

Edited by hatcham

This looks like a great opportunity for Britain. However, there should be no reason to fear the Australian supporters.

Got that right, LL. Neither myself or the Kirbys (They of the Inflatable Kangaroo!) could make it this year: we took one look at where the final was and decided to stay home. Next year, however, with the final at a decent track, it'll be a different story.

Incidentally for any Aussies out here who're having major dramas with FOXTEL or AUSTAR, don't despair; after about six weeks of problems recording the Elite League broadcasts plus about a dozen rude emails (mainly from me!) a techie is gunna trek to the wilds of Chateau BFD to visit me and hopefully fix the flamin' thing once and for all! Hopefully he brings a carton, plus a bone for the Guard Beast, or neither of us will let him in!

Edited by BigFatDave

At the Young Stars meeting Sunday they announced gates open at 5pm, but not which gates.

You what?! :blink: That's pushing it a bit isn't it?! I'd heard times quoted as 5pm and then 5.30pm, but I think that's going to cause utter chaos. I thought the car parks would've been open a lot earlier than that. You know, get the 1000s in over a few hours, not 2 hours!

Does anybody have a rough idea on how many fans are likely to be at Kings Lynn do you think the crowd will be at similar level to last year at Peterborough ?

There were a lot of poles at Peterborough last year so perhaps the crowd wont be as large. Think they might struggle to get everyone in on time if it was the same level of crowd. The showground is pretty good in that respect.

So out of this lot who are the Aussie's going to go with?

Chris Holder

Davey Watt

Adam Shields

Rory Schlien

Troy Batchelor

Darcy Ward

Ty Proctor

Kevin Doolan

according tp speedwaygp.com:

Rider 1 Chris Holder

Rider 2 Dave Watt (Captain)

Rider 3 Troy Batchelor