British Speedway Forum

2010 Premier League Pairs

Seems strange that in the Pairs riders have to wear their own body colours but have them provided in the Fours?

I thought that, as previously as well they have been provided. Nothing more unprofessional than seeing someone with a piece of paper with a number scribbled on it, held on by insulation tape to their backs.

It surprises me as Somerset usually is a good track

It was a good track on Friday, not superb, but it was good. It produced some good racing especially towards the latter part of the meeting when you could really tell who wanted it most.

ok maybe i did exaggerate but it wasn't only rebels fans who booed johno. I'm not trying to cause an argument here just trying to get the blame off the rebels fans for booing johno when it wasn't only them

Jog on, I'll admit to booing Johno. I think the loudest cheer of the night was when he packed up in the Final.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Josh Auty, he must have made about 12 passes all by himself on the night, superb. A pretty good meeting I thought, made even better by mr Fishers performance, isn't that right Silver Bee? :P

Edited by SCB

YES!The track does look like Porty Beach Najjer I'm afraid.It surprises me as Somerset usually is a good track,but there ya go.To be honest in my opinion the pairs are a bit of a diddy competition now.Bring back the fours competition as it was with four rounds-that'd be much better.Super7 logoed buckets and spades anyone? :D

Sounds like you missed the Brown sign directing you to the track and found yourself on the Seafront if you needed a bucket and spade. Note for next time take the first exit from the roundabout not the second! :lol:

A cracking night was had by all yet again at the Pairs . Yes the traffic on the M5 was awful and we just made it by the skin of our teeth yet again . Yes there is not enough lavvys in the OTA arena for such a big crowd , but the racing is why we are there and it never disappoints .

Josh Auty :shock: what can i say . The laddie was wonderful entertainment and the best pair were deserving winners . Wonderful moment when Auty got off his bike on the 3rd bend , after the final , to hug the Sheffield fans .

Happy enough with the Glasgow showing , but the Monarchs hahahahahaha mon the fish :P

I thought that, as previously as well they have been provided. Nothing more unprofessional than seeing someone with a piece of paper with a number scribbled on it, held on by insulation tape to their backs.

all teams were told to provide their own numbers for the club racejackets

A cracking night was had by all yet again at the Pairs . Yes the traffic on the M5 was awful and we just made it by the skin of our teeth yet again . Yes there is not enough lavvys in the OTA arena for such a big crowd , but the racing is why we are there and it never disappoints .

Josh Auty :shock: what can i say . The laddie was wonderful entertainment and the best pair were deserving winners . Wonderful moment when Auty got off his bike on the 3rd bend , after the final , to hug the Sheffield fans .

Happy enough with the Glasgow showing , but the Monarchs hahahahahaha mon the fish :P

Aye...he who laughs last laughs longest Paulco-remember that!

Edited by Young51

A big well done to The Sheffield Tiggers. They were very deserved winners.

Also well done to Josh Grajczonek and Travis McGowan for a great effort in getting to the Semis. The highlight of the Night for us Tiggers fans was the required 7-2 in heat 20 to qualify for the semis. :approve: HD Video of the race below...

Heat 20 - Glasgow v Rye House

Edited by BongoBrian

Given the quality of previous pairs meetings at Somerset I have to admit to being a little disappointed with the racing on Friday night. Somerset is in my opinion the best racing track that I have experienced and all previous pairs meetings have really demonstrated that. So although the racing was good and I enjoyed my evenings entertainment it just didnt seem at the same level of quality.

Still Auty put in a great performance and all credit to the English lads for winning the meeting.

Aye...he who laughs last laughs longest Paulco-remember that!

Yes , you will have your time . Going to be a fascinating battle for the title this year , and this Friday's meeting at the 'Dale is going to be so important in that battle . I would love Glasgow to be in your position in the title race , but Friday gave us that wee buzz that we were the best Scottish team and you lot were the shambles - even if it was only for Pairs night .

Given the quality of previous pairs meetings at Somerset I have to admit to being a little disappointed with the racing on Friday night. Somerset is in my opinion the best racing track that I have experienced and all previous pairs meetings have really demonstrated that. So although the racing was good and I enjoyed my evenings entertainment it just didnt seem at the same level of quality.

Still Auty put in a great performance and all credit to the English lads for winning the meeting.

Sorry i never caught up with you on Friday mate . Thanks to the yearly mind numbing experience of sitting still on the M5 for long periods of time - we just made the start of the meeting by the skin of our teeth . I looked round the patio area , outside the bar , but couldn't see you .

Thought the racing was ok , although the track was very dusty - made me feel right at home though . :wink:

Sorry i never caught up with you on Friday mate . Thanks to the yearly mind numbing experience of sitting still on the M5 for long periods of time - we just made the start of the meeting by the skin of our teeth . I looked round the patio area , outside the bar , but couldn't see you .

Thought the racing was ok , although the track was very dusty - made me feel right at home though . :wink:

No worries mate, we ended up on the second bend as the view was better and the bar over there rarely had a queue!

I along with a couple of others from Mildenhall will be at the Edinburgh Vs Berwick meeting on August 13th if you want a beer (and they let you in of course!) :D

No worries mate, we ended up on the second bend as the view was better and the bar over there rarely had a queue!

I along with a couple of others from Mildenhall will be at the Edinburgh Vs Berwick meeting on August 13th if you want a beer (and they let you in of course!) :D

I usually do go along to lend our Bandits cousins moral support against our common enemy , so i'll see you there , after i remove the wig and false beard which fools them at the turnstile . :P

Josh Auty, he must have made about 12 passes all by himself on the night, superb. A pretty good meeting I thought, made even better by mr Fishers performance, isn't that right Silver Bee? :P

SCB, I think Silverbee lost interest after Mr Fisher's breakdown in Heat 2, a 3rd in Heat 12 and withdrawal from Heat 18, although from my viewpoint he was more interested in chatting a young lady and scattering empty Becks beer cans across the third bend. Shame really, the bin was only metres away but I expect someone else pickled them up after he'd scampered off.

I usually do go along to lend our Bandits cousins moral support against our common enemy , so i'll see you there , after i remove the wig and false beard which fools them at the turnstile . :P

Excellent we will see you there :D

Just got back from my first stay in Somerset and my first ever visit to the O.T.A.

The racing was pretty good all night i thought and the best team won on the night.Josh Auty was awesome if that man could gate he would be in the SWC in a couple of weeks.But then again if he could gate he would probably be boring,can't have it both ways i suppose.

The only problem i had was the viewing,i think i was looking through some kind of green mesh which obscured my view a bit and with so many people there i couldn't get up the banking.

Another thing i would like to add is how i thought all the locals was very friendly and helpful,not just at the speedway but throughout our mini tour of Somerset as a whole.

Hopefully the Pairs will again be on at Somerset the same weekend as the GP next year and we will make the visit again. :approve:

Doolan riding borrowed equipment after blowing both engines at Lynn last Wednesday.

Spoke to him on Saturday and he never mentioned that , he just said he was rubbish ;)

Yes , you will have your time . Going to be a fascinating battle for the title this year , and this Friday's meeting at the 'Dale is going to be so important in that battle . I would love Glasgow to be in your position in the title race , but Friday gave us that wee buzz that we were the best Scottish team and you lot were the shambles - even if it was only for Pairs night .

Aye I suppose you've got to make the most of the wee victories when they come along Paulco!Been in that particular boat with the Monarchs(the SS Titanic with the band playing) many times.Should be a good one Friday.For once i'm glad Aaron Summers isn't going to be riding!

Edited by Young51