British Speedway Forum

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have also just heard that our texter from Mildenhall (Jaybea) is laid low with an infection and is unable to text for us tomorrow....so is there anyone going to that meeting too who would be able to text to updates.

If you can, could you please either leave a message (make sure to mention Mildenhall) here, or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

Well done to the three qualifiers from Plymouth last night who all rode very well. Tim Webster was also riding really well and was unlucky not to have made it through but unfortunately someone had to miss out in the final. I was also impressed with Tom Young who looks a good prospect.

Quite a good meeting with the three qualifiers all deserving to progress. Brendan winning the meeting must be the best "feel good" story of the early season.

There were the usual bad luck stories (particularly Ben Hopwood who would surely have challenged the qualifiers) but also some very encouraging performances. First time (I think) that I have seen Shane Hazeldean but he is quite an all action young rider isn't he - Uncle Len sure can still pick out the good prospects.

A very enjoyable evening.

:)

just spoke to kyle ... i believe he got second .. crap mobile connection .. good lad ;-)

i cant praise this kid enough ... just turned 16 yr old in feb ... 2nd in the under 15's & 2nd in the under 18's last year

this kid has only been riding speedway about 18 month ... and he's a really nice lad too

the future looks very bright for this young man ... keep it up buddy

Congratulations to Brendan Johnson, winner of the Weymouth s/final tonight! Get In :D:approve:

Master of the understatement there Phil. :approve:

Without any doubt,the unluckiest rider of the night was Ben Hopwood.Although 2nd highest scorer behind Howarth in the heats,Ben was looking a very likely meeting winner.To shed a chain at the start of the 2nd Semi Final was so cruel.

The scorers:

Kyle Howarth 3 2 3 3 =11

John Resh 2 3 1 2 = 8

Andrew Braithwaite 1 fx ns fx = 0

Shane Hazelden 0 f 3 1 = 4

Daniel I'Anson 0 0 f 0 = 0

Adam Wrathall f f 2 0

Aaron Baseby 3 1 2 3 = 9

Brendan Johnson 2 2 2 3 = 9

Gary Cottham 1 2 2 2 = 7

Ben Hopwood 1 3 3 3 = 10

Ashley Birks 3 2 fx 1 = 6

Ashley Morris 2 1 3 1= 7

Liam Rumsey 1 0 ns ns = 1

Reserves

Richard Andrews 1 fx = 1

Luke Wiltshire fx fx = 0

Semi Final 1

RED Johnson

BLUE Howarth

White Birks

Yellow Resh

Result Johnson,Howarth,Resh,Birks

Semi Final 2

RED Hopwood

Blue Baseby

White Morris

Yellow Cottham

Result Cottham,Baseby,Morris,Hopwood(ef)

Final

RED Johnson

BLUE Howarth

White Baseby

Yellow Cottham

Result JOHNSON :approve: ,Howarth,Baseby Cottham

After 7 months of going to hell and back,suffering those injuries with him and his family,it was payback time.

BIG TIME.

Thanks Bren,and very,very well done.

Edited by BobC

Congrats to Brendan, rode for us in a 2nd half at Newport last year shortly before his accident, and left a big impression on the Cradley fans with his attitude, enthusiasm, & genuine talent- great to see the lad beginning to fulfill his obvious ability- just dont score too many against the Heathens please!! :rolleyes:

Well done to Stevie Worrall,first season in Speedway,only two meetings done and hes qualified for the final

and good luck,

Well done to big Luke also

Hmm, well as someone (! :blink: ) wrote in the programme notes, this Mildenhall semi with a very evenly-matched (and for that read, let's be honest, far weaker than the other two qualifiers...) line-up, always had the potential to throw up some surprise qualifiers and so it has proved... Fair play to the lads concerned..

I have to go back to a point I've reiterated a few times on this thread though...: if Marc Owen had ridden in this round (IMHO ANY of the three semis..) he'd be lining up at Lakeside next Friday.

No criticism of course to any of those that are but a simple question - to which am not expecting a reply... - why WAS he left out..? :mad:

Hmm, well as someone (! :blink: ) wrote in the programme notes, this Mildenhall semi with a very evenly-matched (and for that read, let's be honest, far weaker than the other two qualifiers...) line-up, always had the potential to throw up some surprise qualifiers and so it has proved... Fair play to the lads concerned..

I have to go back to a point I've reiterated a few times on this thread though...: if Marc Owen had ridden in this round (IMHO ANY of the three semis..) he'd be lining up at Lakeside next Friday.

No criticism of course to any of those that are but a simple question - to which am not expecting a reply... - why WAS he left out..? :mad:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ignore the fool Steve,you beat what was put infront of you,i couldnt give a monkeys,well done again,nowt to do with Marc Owen one bit

Marcs time willl come,of that i have no doubt,great rider in the making

Ignore the fool Steve,you beat what was put infront of you,i couldnt give a monkeys,well done again,nowt to do with Marc Owen one bit

Marcs time willl come,of that i have no doubt,great rider in the making

Hold on - read my posting. I make no adverse comment about Steve - it is indeed a great achievement qualifying for the British Final after such a brief time in the sport... Well done to him and Scott and all the other qualifiers... So kindly don't put words into my mouth...

I'd like to ask why it was such strange format in every qualifier? Why some riders where riding twice against another, and against another not at all? You can make for 13 riders such heat format that everyone will meet someone exactly once!