British Speedway Forum

British Final And Semi Finals

In the GP's. And sat at home looking at then GP trophies, 1 season and he's got more than any other British rider has ever managed.

I bet Emil would give his right arm for a World Title wink.gif and Ben the same, a few injuries are nothing to rider like Ben and Emil if they can win things.

Perhaps but you can't win owt sat at home mate. smile.gif

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do believe that's title number 3 and counting :approve:

And surely his best yet, coming back from a smash like that!

A true british champion :approve:

Also well done to ben, cardiff next year instead :approve:

Pasty powerrrrr!!!!! :D

Edited by Cornishman

The closet Barker will come to Emil in a GP is if he gets a job as his 'fan boy' like Mark Blackwell did for Nicki Pedersen!!! :D

Congratulations to Bomber - best rider on the night despite his falls...mind you nothing much in the way of competition! How dire is the future of British Speedway looking at that line up? T'other half and I were just saying when Andy Phillips qualified for the British Final in the late 80's/early 90's (can't remember the year but he beat Simon Cross in the run off in the semi at Monmore)it was a real fluke that a BL reserve got to the Final....now just look at the line up tonight. To be honest Andy Phillips would have finished at 5th or 6th at least.

:blink:

What a great win from bomber . Hope Jacques is pleased he doesnt have a good word for bomber .

He? :D Her dog might be male but Jacques is definitely a lady.....well female anyway.

Sorry Jacques. :P

Edited by Gemini

Ref is a twit. Schramm never touched Harris. Frampton did nothing wrong. The ref is a disgrace, and has Sky to help him as well!.

Its the same idiot we had at Poole against Belle Vue 2 weeks ago who excluded Leon Madsen after he was inadvertently knocked off by Doyley. He is a total and utter disgrace, Schram was clearly laying the bike down to miss Harris after Bighead took Harris`s front wheel out from under him!!...........totally unbelievable!

Edited by scottyfan

Congratulations to Bomber, well deserved on the night.

How he got up from that last smash, I'll never know.

Well Done Scotty, the fact that he was showing so

much dissapointment, having lost out, shows he

still has the passion and drive to succeed.

Roll on Cardiff and hopefully an appearance in the

Final at least.

Ben Barker, where did that come from, on a track

he says he doesn't particularly like... shades of

Zagar there methinks... but well done and hard luck.

Danny King... how about that then. Has to get into

the actual meeting via a run off, then goes and makes

the final, finishing a very creditable 4th overall.

Could this be the turning point in Danny's season.

Enjoyed the meeting, some good racing there, shame that

the lower end of the field, in terms of ability, were

never really good enough, but hey ho, they qualified

on merit, so deserved their places, but never ever were

the likes of Clews, Frampton, Schramm etc going to be

anywhere near good enough.

, Schram was clearly laying the bike down to miss Harris after Bighead took Harris`s front wheel out from under him!!...........totally unbelievable!

Bighead, I assume you mean Bridger had nowt to do with it. C Harris locked up on to Bridger's back wheel, the only conclusion the ref should of made was to exclude Chris Harris as it was clearly past the 1st turn and although a racing incident, Chris was the primary cause of the stoppage.

Well done Scott Nicholls, he shouldn't be to down hearted thats a far better performance than last year. He been given the chance to show what he can do at Cardiff, and he's in far better form and frame of mind.

Eddie also shouldn't be to down hearted, he rode well, he's young and will get another chance.

Congratulations to Bomber on his fantastic gate and win in the final to become British Champion once again, how the heck he got off the back of that bike I will never know, thank god he did though!!

Good to hear that Scott was so disappointed about being British Champion runner up, Louis had to persuade him to be happy to be riding at Cardiff, obviously the pride in being crowned THE best British rider means more to him than taking a ride at the British GP. At a time when british (there may be a Scot or Welshman supporting the english, you never know!!) people are showing their commitment to the English football team his comments were spot on :)

Great to see Danny King doing so well, let's hope they can keep up the good form for the BSI/IMG WC :):(

As for the ref, buy that bloke some new glasses, better still revoke his refereeing licence!!

Congratulations to Chris Harris on his 3rd British Championship title!

After a real battering, Chris showed his mettle and won in a convincing fashion.

Surprise result for Ben Barker, too. A good night's work from him and from Danny King and from Scott Nicholls.

How about Robbo? :P

Bighead, I assume you mean Bridger had nowt to do with it. C Harris locked up on to Bridger's back wheel, the only conclusion the ref should of made was to exclude Chris Harris as it was clearly past the 1st turn and although a racing incident, Chris was the primary cause of the stoppage.

That's how I saw it, too.

ANYONE know where the refs box is at monmore? does it face the track!! :blink: Frampton being excluded is one of the worst ive seen,what on earth..........why does charlie keep asking nicholls or Harris what will it means to be british champ? i think they answered the question sometime way back!! Special mention to stuart Robson.How do they do the gate draw for semi and final?same as grand prix? anychance sky showing it or were there just straws involved?

Well done to Bomber, I thought he might have trouble carrying on after his big smash; I thought he did well to jump off when he did. Have to agree with others on here who thought he should have been excluded instead of Schramm in the earlier incident though; not sure how the ref blamed Schramm.

I was hoping Scott would win so I'm a little dissapointed for him but he put in a good all round effort tonight.

Gotta give a mention to Robbo; I thought he rode well tonight and looked on the pace. Not many would have placed him in the semis before the meeting.

Dear me, how impertinent of a young British rider to shows some guts and determination. Of course Barker will never be top notch because he's not an Aussie or a Dane, or Pole or Swede. He's rough round the edges, impetuous and inexperienced. At least he's plying his trade in the Elite and not racking up points in the Premier. So he has no skill on a bike, just that he has fast bikes. His good performances I've seen round Brandon were obviously a fluke. Pathetic comment on a youg rider. Doesn't acknowledge that he is learning his craft and keeping his place in a top Elite team.

I for one would have loved to see him at Cardiff. I hope he's somewhere around the World Cup Team. I hope he develops under Rosco and I hope finds a good mentor who will direct him in teh sport he loves and also helps him mature as a professiobal sportsman. He beat a lot of riders ranked above him tonight. Well done Ben Barker!

Chris Harris is a worthy champion. That final heat gate was great to see. Under pressure he delivered the goods.

why does charlie keep asking nicholls or Harris what will it means to be british champ?

And who is the stupid person who keeps telling her (in her earpiece I presume) to ask a question the rider has just said the answer to, it's as though they aren't listening to what the rider has just said ........... the riders are much too polite to say, "I've just told you!" ..........

I cannot believe that Barker is being compared to Emil....for a start Barker is around 18 months older, and nowhere near the talent level.

So if someone posted that Sayfutdinov was, "A massive crash waiting to happen and nearly always out of control." you'd argue? Many wouldn't because it's been posted on this forum and the fact eh has a broken arm would suggest they're not far wrong.

Nobody has compared there ability levels but lets be honest, Barker in a GB final is comparable to Sajfutdinov in a GP, wild, desperate to win, not always fully in control, loved/hated by the fans with very little in the middle and capable of beating anyone but still not quite capable of winning with any consistency.

Seems to be the British way though, lets knock the guy, the guy who has tonight shown he is the 3rd best Brit when it matters. It's ok saying Tai, Simon and Rico have higher averages in the league but in individual meeting Ben has shown he can step it up. We have a young British rider I the rise and some can only slag him off. I could sit here and come up with a long list of Bens flaws but tonight he beat all but the top British GP rider and one who's been there for years, he's caught and passed the likes of King and Kennett who have for years been the next big thing and he has gone quite some way ahead of Woffy by even being there. How about rather than claiming Ben is, "That Barker has fast bikes and low skill levels. A massive crash waiting to happen and nearly always out of control. Large cahooners but little else." congratulating him on a fine 3rd place in the British final with some great gating and passing when he had to do it.

Edited by SCB

Fair play to Barker tonight on a deserved 3rd place. I can see why he gets some critisism though as I also feel he often looks out of control. I have to admit that whilst watching tonight, it did cross my mind that I hoped he didn't make it to Cardiff as I think he could be a liablity. Theres no doubt he has no fear and would have no respect for reputations, but he also looks like he's riding a bull at times.