British Speedway Forum

Brandonapolis Is Back

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If my maths is correct I make it that there will be 22 races - 20 plus a semi-final and final - so how can you class that as a rip off when the entrance fee for a normal Elite League meeting is £16?

Working on the theory.. that £16 is also a rip off!

If my maths is correct I make it that there will be 22 races - 20 plus a semi-final and final - so how can you class that as a rip off when the entrance fee for a normal Elite League meeting is £16?

Cuz Najjers club (Somerset) offered a similar line up for £13 :rolleyes:

Personally, I dont think £20 is a rip off for that line up

Not because of that at all, but it does prove it can be done.

£20 is ridiculous.

Why do you care, you never come to brandon anyways Master Whiting

Edited by colincooke

If you wouldn't open the curtains to watch Crump, Holder, Batchelor, Andersen, NKI, Watt, Nicholls, Zagar etc then maybe its time to follow a different sport ?

Well said

Double woosh! :D

I'm just gutted I can't go, hope the weather holds off and you guys get a great meeting. (won by Nicki of course)

Not because of that at all, but it does prove it can be done.

No it doesnt! (Assuming you're meaning it can be done and be worth doing)

Fair play to Somerset for putting together that line up for £13, but it doesnt prove anything.. We will never know if it would have worked cuz the meeting didnt run :(

I could run a meeting and charge £1 entry, pay Hancock, the Russian, Gollob, AJ, Crump, Nicki etc 10k each to turn up - I would make a huge loss, and certainly wouldnt be worth doing!

Double woosh! :D

I'm just gutted I can't go, hope the weather holds off and you guys get a great meeting. (won by Nicki of course)

I get the impression that NP is your favourite. Must be a big favourite to win his 4th World Title this year.

I get the impression that NP is your favourite. Must be a big favourite to win his 4th World Title this year.

Lets hope so, he seems to be flying at the moment. Emil is the bookies favourite I think.

£20 is not that bad given it's mostly a great line-up, with one or two gap-fillers admittedly. It's better value per race than even the EL was last season let alone this season where it's weaker and more expensive.

I would have to fancy Crump over Pedersen based on what I've seen of them around Brandon with Zagar and Harris likely to be the big threat to those two. If Pedersen can put one over Crump at Brandon then that's a real feather in his cap in my opinion. I have said since the middle of last year that Pedersen is my favourite to win the world title this year and he's started off in great form. I've seen Holder be very good or distinctly average. He and Nicholls the two biggest spoilers in this field. Andersen, Kennett and Schlein likely to come up a bit short. Then Barker, Iversen, Batchelor, Kourneliussen, Watt, Johno and Zengota.

I would have to fancy Crump over Pedersen based on what I've seen of them around Brandon with Zagar and Harris likely to be the big threat to those two. If Pedersen can put one over Crump at Brandon then that's a real feather in his cap in my opinion.

I think the extent of Crump's recovery from his burns will define his season. I may have missed the latest news but last I heard he was still struggling for full fitness.

Why do you care, you never come to brandon anyways Master Whiting

£20 is good value

look at the elite league £16 for 15 heats at £1.07 per heat, with out of 14 riders maybe at most three world class riders

brandonopolis £20 22 heats £0.91 per heat cheaper and the quality is much better.

if you used the elite model entry would be £23.54!

some people complain about everyting

Edited by philfromcov