British Speedway Forum

Brandonapolis Is Back

Unfortunately for some who were getting carried away by the rumour department it seems Emil will not be at Brandon, this was his manager interviewed on the SGP website; -

"Suskiewicz said: “We have the bikes ready and we’re just waiting for the dates when we will go testing. We’re not doing any meetings in England before the GP starts, but we’ll have some in Poland – that’s for sure. We will be 100 percent ready for the first Grand Prix."

It's a shame but the line-up is still looking pretty good.

Edited by Beeone

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The next name to be added to the list is Neils Kristian Iversen.

Confirmed on Official Website

Edited by colincooke

this will be interesting to see what the crowd will be like, do big names pull in the crowds?

i know that "lapsed" speedway fans are interested in the brandonopolis as both my6self and missues have been surprissed by how many people "used to go to this" and are considering going!

if you can get these prople through the gates again and smell the bikes then i think it will all be worthwhile.

if its just the same old faces down the backstraight then this experiment will have achieved nothing.

i have a suspicion that it might be busy, just like the gp challenge which was ridiculled on this forum but was probab;ly the biggest crowd outside of the gp and play offs

i have a suspicion that it might be busy, just like the gp challenge which was ridiculled on this forum but was probab;ly the biggest crowd outside of the gp and play offs

If someone from Poole had posted that about a meeting at Wimbourne Road we'd be taking the piss now. Also, nobody said the GP Challenge wouldnt attarct anyone, just it wasn't worth £25 for that line up. Having heard how boring it was I'm still not convinced it was worth £25 :P

actually the meeting was quite enjoyable, dpending on where you stand!

the main point is if we can get old supporters back into the ground thats gotta be good surley?

at the moment the core supporters are "happy" to see the elite teams but support is not growing, so once we pop our clogs i suspect that will be the end of the sport, unless you can get some new blood through the gates, if the top stars turn up and say 1000 extra turn up even if only 10% then come back again then it was worth it.

i just get the feeling that both the promoters and the supporters have "given up" on ever getting big crowds and are just managing down

actually the meeting was quite enjoyable, dpending on where you stand!

the main point is if we can get old supporters back into the ground thats gotta be good surley?

at the moment the core supporters are "happy" to see the elite teams but support is not growing, so once we pop our clogs i suspect that will be the end of the sport, unless you can get some new blood through the gates, if the top stars turn up and say 1000 extra turn up even if only 10% then come back again then it was worth it.

i just get the feeling that both the promoters and the supporters have "given up" on ever getting big crowds and are just managing down

not far wrong there mate & time promoters started promoting.

yep - according to the BSPA

Not to Brandon unfortunately

It is a little odd tho' that his mechanic Pawel was saying he was doing no UK meetings a few weeks ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Friday 19 March 2010

COVENTRY Speedway can confirm that Season Ticket Holders will be able to gain admission to the Brandonapolis on Friday, March 26 for the price of a regular Elite League fixture. Season ticket holders should enter at their usual window with their season ticket as normal.