British Speedway Forum

Chris Louis Farewell Meeting

Can't for the life of me understand why another promoter would be

so damn obnoxious. I think I know who you mean Jim and to be

honest, Chris' meeting is highly unlikely to affect his club, as most

fans attending Loobies meeting would be Elite League fans, with

maybe a few PL fans coming to pay homage to one of Britains best

riders over the past 20 years.

I agree Tomcat and to make matters worse I believe the promoter concerned staged a testimonial meeting at his track not that long ago on the same night as another track staging a league fixture who happen to be less than 100 miles away!

Edited by WembleyLion

looking at the fixture list on the bspa site, it appears only eastbourne are due to ride on the same day.

Eastbourne aren't within a 100 mile radius of Ipswich though.....

try a Saturday team in the Premier League, and you have your answer.

"IF" this is the case, then the promoter in question will lose out in the long run. It will be a good excuse NEVER to go there again, not that we'll miss much. But as i say, only IF this is the case. Hopefully common sense will prevail and he'll realise this isn't such a great idea. We all know early season is the only time you can gather a quality field in this country, and Chris deserves one.

Any more information about this meeting? Or has Len Silver scuppered it? :rolleyes:

Incidentally, I notice that Rye House have moved the U21 World Cup final meeting to Sun 5th Sept (to avoid a clash with the EL Pairs at Ipswich on 4th), hope Mildenhall don't have a home meeting that day :unsure:

Looking at the Mildenhall Stadium website there are no Stocks over the weekend of the 4th and 5th, so I'd guess there is a very good chance of Mildenhall having a meeting on Sunday 5th :unsure:

Does anyone have any more news on whether this is going ahead

in March, or is it being postponed until later in the season.

Some of us have travel arrangements to make and a definite date

would be really handy to know.

Just been to the Witches.co.uk forum and the Official Witches website, neither

of which have anything about either Chris' Farewell meeting or any objections

to the meeting taking place, well not that I could find anyway.

Can anyone out there from the Witches shed any light on this at all?

on the ipswich website, in the fixtures for 2010 there is no meeting planned for the 27th march but there is a reserved date for the sunday 28th march

Could that now be the date. Its pretty frustrating not knowing, as we want

to get cheap flights over and the closer we book to the date we want, the

more it costs. It might mean us not coming, which would just about cheese

us off over here. Its the only meeting we would have been to since 2005,

so to have to miss out due to indecision isn't something we want to happen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Where did the original announcement of this meeting come from. If it only sprung up on this forum it can hardly be relied on as fact can it. I sometimes think this should be re-named "the speedway rumour forum! :wink:

Where did the original announcement of this meeting come from. If it only sprung up on this forum it can hardly be relied on as fact can it. I sometimes think this should be re-named "the speedway rumour forum! :wink:

From the Official Club site before Xmas,.....sadly the "promoter" complained after the PL fixtures were announced, and TBF CL has been somewhat busy track laying just recently.

• 2 weeks later...

I had looked on the Witches website which includes a comprehensive news archive. Going back to the end of last season, I could find no reference to the event but, in this week's Star, Chris stated that a tentative date for 27th March was considered. I think it more likely that it was felt that the track would not be ready in time rather than any intervention by other promoters. The fact that the initial challenge match against Lakeside has been put back a week may be relevant. Incidentally, I am very impressed by the current Ipswich website in general.