British Speedway Forum

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh dear.... :cry:

If not at Sheffield, would prefer to have seen it go to a race track.

A Track is a track. With the likes of Crump and other racers being there it will be top quality. This old chesnut about Rye is so boring, give it a rest, get the len Silver book, flick through to the back where Tai Woffinden explains why he Chose Rye to develop his career at Hoddesdon. If you have decent riders at meetings like Topinka Johnson Lyons etc who give it a go all is well. The trouble has always been when the no hopers like Sheffield turn up and can't be bothered to try.

This will be a decent meeting with a packed crowd and most importantly good racing raising loadsa money

Great way to start the season, well deserved by Len for all his hard work to improve the stadium and all the Rye supporters who consistently give very generously to all speedway related causes.

And for the doubters who whinge on about the track being such a home advantage. I wonder if you would like to put money on a home winner ????

Maybe Luke to beat Jason Crump and Leigh Adams ???? If not just be quiet, enjoy the speedway and dig deep into your pockets.

Personally I think Tai to be in the frame, but hten again he has home track knowledge and is a very good rider.

Can't wait for the season to start.

What's Rye House like for disabled visitors - we've never been?

I've been taking my daughter in her wheelchair since the Rockets returned there nine years ago without any problems ..... For wheelchair users my advice would be to park in the Go Kart car park behind the stadium and enter the stadium itself through the pits entrance, or enter in your car through the gates next to the main entrance, but this car park usually fills quickly .... Non wheelchair disabled supporters can access easily from the main entrance ... There are four or five steps up to the bar, but the chippie has flat access .... There is a disabled toilet behind the 3rd/4th bends

Edited by Shadders

It is Sunday 15th at 2pm and loads of star names will be present, T2TV will be covering it in full and all proceeeds will go to the Bend Fund.

Like Shadders said it is accessable for disabled (I am and I go every week, wooden paths are slippery when wet, I can make Bambi look balanced!)

But good smooth track, top fish and chips etc - can't wait.

It is Sunday 15th at 2pm and loads of star names will be present, T2TV will be covering it in full and all proceeeds will go to the Bend Fund.

Like Shadders said it is accessable for disabled (I am and I go every week, wooden paths are slippery when wet, I can make Bambi look balanced!)

But good smooth track, top fish and chips etc - can't wait.

Sunday 14th at 2:30pm

why have it at rye house!!! anywhere but there :angry:

i won't be going to that meeting, not because of the track, but because of the travelling. i'd of had it at birmingham or peterborough

Why not at Rye House? ... There are plenty of tracks within a couple of hours drive of Hoddesdon, so it won't be much of a hardship to get there, especially on a Sunday.

i won't be going to that meeting, not because of the track, but because of the travelling. i'd of had it at birmingham or peterborough

Personally I think it's dead right moving it around each year. You can't please everyone but if everyone gets a chance at their track or one not so far away then it's not a bad idea for me.

• 2 weeks later...
Let's hope the advert is on the back of the Star up til the meeting date,The Star should be doing their bit for the meeting!!

Really like the way it advertises each new addition, even though we already knew that Kevin was the latest.

Agree & i think they should do these for no fee if they don't already

I know i mean how dare they put it on somewhere thats not on your back garden. :blink: Rye house is a decent track and with the riders named it will be a good meeting

I know i mean how dare they put it on somewhere thats not on your back garden. :blink: Rye house is a decent track and with the riders named it will be a good meeting

I don't get the speedway star so what riders have already been named as in the field for this?

Great way to start the season, well deserved by Len for all his hard work to improve the stadium and all the Rye supporters who consistently give very generously to all speedway related causes.

And for the doubters who whinge on about the track being such a home advantage. I wonder if you would like to put money on a home winner ????

Maybe Luke to beat Jason Crump and Leigh Adams ???? If not just be quiet, enjoy the speedway and dig deep into your pockets.

Personally I think Tai to be in the frame, but hten again he has home track knowledge and is a very good rider.

Can't wait for the season to start.

Ok...That's just a stupid notion. Home track advantage is evident with riders on approximately the same average, or of the same skill level. A rider who practised at Sheffield all his life would struggle at Rye, in the same way a rider who practised at Rye all his life would struggle at Sheffield. There isn't a massive amount of home track advantage when you are lining up next to the World Champion...

Ok...That's just a stupid notion. Home track advantage is evident with riders on approximately the same average, or of the same skill level. A rider who practised at Sheffield all his life would struggle at Rye, in the same way a rider who practised at Rye all his life would struggle at Sheffield. There isn't a massive amount of home track advantage when you are lining up next to the World Champion...

anything can happen over 4 laps ;)

This is going to be a brilliant meeting, not just because it's at Rye, it's the sort of meeting i'd contemplate going to no matter where it was staged due to the cause and the riders.

The Rye participant should be Luke Bowen without a shadow of a doubt, a home grown rider who has fought his way through many injuries, presumably being helped by the Ben fund at some point? It's going to be a brilliant spectacle having Jason, Leigh, Rory, Tai, Kev and Dumpy at Rye. Fingers crossed Eddie Kennett and Super Robbo will be racing too :D

anything can happen over 4 laps ;)

This is going to be a brilliant meeting, not just because it's at Rye, it's the sort of meeting i'd contemplate going to no matter where it was staged due to the cause and the riders.

The Rye participant should be Luke Bowen without a shadow of a doubt, a home grown rider who has fought his way through many injuries, presumably being helped by the Ben fund at some point? It's going to be a brilliant spectacle having Jason, Leigh, Rory, Tai, Kev and Dumpy at Rye. Fingers crossed Eddie Kennett and Super Robbo will be racing too :D

Be nice if Rico, Scott and Bomber were added to the line up.

I will definately be there along with the U-21's later in the season it should be a great meeting.

Edited to add:

Please please please invite Nicki. Please!!!!!!

Edited by Blazeaway