British Speedway Forum

I will be there if anyone fancies meeting. Looking forward to some banter with my old mate Norbold and one or two more friends! :)

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still cant believe Len thinks he can charge EL standard prices when he doesnt even show EL standard racing and not expect it to effect his overall crowds. Still its his business afterall and if he wants to lose the punters by over pricing meetings, then he'll suffer in the long term for it. Im now happy to know that it'll cost me and my Dad £30 for the two of us for the Ben meeting. I cant wait to see the likes of Crump, Pedersen and Lindgren riding round the tight lines of Rye and on a Sitera note, I think he'll be right a home round Rye being a gating tart and all. If he can road block round Arena, he'll have no problem doing it round Rye. I expect him to be in the top 10.

Firstly on the standard of racing, this mythology seems to have grown up without foundation. I take it you you've been to the House on an occasional basis and maybe seen the odd bad meeting? Personally, I'd say the matches I've seen at Lakeside have been far worse in terms of racing quality - in fact, RH is no worse than any other track for quality. What basis do you have to say otherwise?

As for the cost of admission, in relation to the costs of running a meeting I'd say it's perfectly reasonable. Maybe it's your expectations that are out of kilter?

i'm not a fan of individual or challenge meetings, in fact i've been to very few in the last twenty years. for this event i'm probably going to make the effort, it's for a very good cause and it will be interesting to see how these world class riders perform on the tricky rye house circuit.

Tony I don't believe it - an individual for you at House, next you'll be telling me Chris will be turning up as well!

See you on Sunday.

Eddie

Edited by WembleyLion

My ratings for this event

1 JASON CRUMP, 4204

2 NICKI PEDERSEN, 4114

3 FREDDIE LINDGREN, 3838

4 LEIGH ADAMS, 3672

5 TAI WOFFINDEN, 3360

6 KRZYSZTOF KASPRZAK, 3356

7 ADAM SHIELDS, 3313

8 SCOTT NICHOLLS, 3183

9 NIELS KRISTIAN IVERSEN, 3111

10 EDWARD KENNETT, 2952

11 RORY SCHLEIN, 2839

12 KEVIN DOOLAN, 2820

13 TOMAS TOPINKA, 2779

14 BEN BARKER, 2731

15 DANNY KING, 2656

16 STEVE JOHNSTON, 2578

17 CHRIS NEATH, 2508

18 FILIP SITERA, 2202

19 CRAIG WATSON, 2198

20 VIKTOR BERGSTROM. 2109

I'd like to point out the car park and rye road just outside the stadium are terrible surface wise at the moment. I had to drop someone off at the train station on Monday and there were potholes galore, there is a square manhole cover at the entrance to the carpark which is now pretty much exposed whilst the rest of the car park resembles a motorcross track. Be careful unless you want your suspension shot to bits!

Took a detour and drove into the car park today, all holes are now filled and it proved to be a smooth ride compared to the last time! :wink:

thanks for the advice but whats a dobbs weir :unsure: sorry never been to rye before :neutral:

Sorry bruno, I just assumed you were familiar with the area. If you are coming from Harlow, you could take the A414, which will then lead to the A10. Follow the signs to the M25 until and take the next exit. Go straight acroos the roundabout at the end of the slip road, and then left at the next roundabout. You will now be in Essex road. take the first left after Jewsons, and that will be Pindar road. If you can find a space anywhere here, then do so. As Pindar road starts to bear right, there is a left turn, which goes up and over the railway line. You will see the Stadium as you go over. Take the left turn at the bottom, and follow the road. At the top of this road, I'm sure it will be obvious where to go!

Edited by srbramble

As for the cost of admission, in relation to the costs of running a meeting I'd say it's perfectly reasonable. Maybe it's your expectations that are out of kilter?

Does anyone pay..? :blink:

When I 'worked' the Rye House turnstiles for our STUK meeting there end of last season a good 80% of those turning up tried to blag their way in..!! :rolleyes:

Sorry bruno, I just assumed you were familiar with the area. If you are coming from Harlow, you could take the A414, which will then lead to the A10. Follow the signs to the M25 until and take the next exit. Go straight acroos the roundabout at the end of the slip road, and then left at the next roundabout. You will now be in Essex road. take the first left after Jewsons, and that will be Pindar road. If you can find a space anywhere here, then do so. As Pindar road starts to bear right, there is a left turn, which goes up and over the railway line. You will see the Stadium as you go over. Take the left turn at the bottom, and follow the road. At the top of this road, I'm sure it will be obvious where to go!

Isn't it double yellows in Pindar Road?

Not sure what the parking restrictions are on a Sunday, but I wouldn't put it past the local council to send out a team of wardens.

Edited by Shadders

Isn't it double yellows in Pindar Road?

Not sure what the parking restrictions are on a Sunday, but I wouldn't put it past the local council to send out a team of wardens.

You're correct, there are some double yellows, but there are also some parts that have no restrictions. I would advise people to be cautious, and to use their common sense when parking, as you never know.

Another alternative is to park at Broxbourne station, and use the train for just one stop. This is a very unusually busy event we are staging, and I can see chaos reigning in and around the stadium, so it would be well advisable to look for alternatives.

Edited by srbramble

You're correct, there are some double yellows, but there are also some parts that have no restrictions. I would advise people to be cautious, and to use their common sense when parking, as you never know.

Another alternative is to park at Broxbourne station, and use the train for just one stop. This is a very unusually busy event we are staging, and I can see chaos reigning in and around the stadium, so it would be well advisable to look for alternatives.

ok thanks for that

I will be parking at St Margarets or Broxbourne and then a quick hop on the train to Rye House easy peasy lemon squeezy. or will park in Rye Rd but turn up 2 hrs early but not sure wether my 80yr old father will be up for that one so prob looks like the train for us :approve:

Very good suggestion

Train Times

From Broxbourne: 25 & 57 past the hour

From Rye: 06 & 36 past the hour

£2 return

See ya there ;)

Edited by Shadders

You're having a laugh surely... the line-up is superb.

All the best

Rob

You going Dave? Make sure you come and say "hi" ! :) Be good to meet more forum friends, but I guess it's not going to be that easy..... :unsure:

:lol:

Agree about the line up - am really looking forward to this meeting, despite it being at Rye ! :wink::lol:

We'll be parking at Hoddesdon Fire Station, been told it's about a 15 minute walk to the stadium, which is fine as long as it keeps us out of the main chaos!! :)