British Speedway Forum

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recall him riding in either Bobby Garrad or Kelvin Mullarkey's testimonial back in 1985 or '86. Also remember a very young Jason Crump scoring a point for Peterborough back in the early 90's.

Crumpy also appeared at a Rye P+P day a few years back if I remember correctly, thin it was when Poole came to practise at Rye and our lads went there to have a spin too.

All tracks hae their own individual traits and uniqueness and the top guys in the World are the best to get round them. Have a feeling Tai will be victorious, the real winner will be speedway though to use a cliche ;)

Crumpy also appeared at a Rye P+P day a few years back if I remember correctly, thin it was when Poole came to practise at Rye and our lads went there to have a spin too.

All tracks hae their own individual traits and uniqueness and the top guys in the World are the best to get round them. Have a feeling Tai will be victorious, the real winner will be speedway though to use a cliche ;)

Really? Lucky to make the final IMO.

Nicki

Jason

Leigh

Freddie

Really? Lucky to make the final IMO.

Nicki

Jason

Leigh

Freddie

Just a feeling, not a prediction, Tai's going up the speedway ladder, he'll be clashing with three of those riders next season and has replaced Adams in the GP series in effect.

He's going to have a real will to win at Rye come Sunday and if he does it will be brilliant for the local fans ;)

Just a feeling, not a prediction, Tai's going up the speedway ladder, he'll be clashing with three of those riders next season and has replaced Adams in the GP series in effect.

He's going to have a real will to win at Rye come Sunday and if he does it will be brilliant for the local fans ;)

Get off the fence and make a prediction. :lol:

Tai will do ok, could possibly make the final, but I can't see a win for him. The first meeting after a long winter, plus losing his Dad, so we don't know how that may have affected him, whilst the other class acts have nothing to prove.

If the current dry spell holds up until Sunday, all the work they have been doing on the track since last week will be spot on.

If the current dry spell holds up until Sunday, all the work they have been doing on the track since last week will be spot on.

Does it really take that long to put some white lines down on the speedway motorway :unsure:

Am now going to this meeting . Should be a super meeting.

Be good to see Wato making his comeback. He looked very fast today in the behind closed doors practice session.

No, United v Fulham on the box. Thought about it but the shockingly poor line up was the decider

Agreed, I'm only going cos it's 20 mins up the road...

Edited by Blazeaway

No, United v Fulham on the box. Thought about it but the shockingly poor line up was the decider

For someone who watches home drubbings at Kings lynn every week that's a bit rich!!!! :blink:

Does it really take that long to put some white lines down on the speedway motorway :unsure:

Funny how they chose Rye House over Kings winge for the souths turn to stage the Ben fund and while we are at it, the Under 21 final too.

saw a hive of activity this morning. Not for a minute will it be enough, but there is seating on all bends. I would estimate it to be around 300-400 or so, plenty for PL meetings, but not for the Ben Fund.

You're having a laugh surely... the line-up is superb.

All the best

Rob

just no pleasing some people Rob.

Think it is fair to say this meeting is going to be very well supported with fans from all over making the journey, what i would like to ask is does anyone know if there is going to be any significant extra parking available on the day? and are people allowed or will be allowed to park there cars down that very long toll road which would be very handy if you come from the Harlow side?

Think it is fair to say this meeting is going to be very well supported with fans from all over making the journey, what i would like to ask is does anyone know if there is going to be any significant extra parking available on the day? and are people allowed or will be allowed to park there cars down that very long toll road which would be very handy if you come from the Harlow side?

Go via Dobbs weir, and park in Pindar Road. 10 minute walk, more or less, avoiding the inevitable gridlock, before and after the meeting.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

I'd like to point out the car park and rye road just outside the stadium are terrible surface wise at the moment. I had to drop someone off at the train station on Monday and there were potholes galore, there is a square manhole cover at the entrance to the carpark which is now pretty much exposed whilst the rest of the car park resembles a motorcross track. Be careful unless you want your suspension shot to bits!

I'd like to point out the car park and rye road just outside the stadium are terrible surface wise at the moment. I had to drop someone off at the train station on Monday and there were potholes galore, there is a square manhole cover at the entrance to the carpark which is now pretty much exposed whilst the rest of the car park resembles a motorcross track. Be careful unless you want your suspension shot to bits!

Cheers Ben,although I think my suspension will be shot to bits by the time I get there......the Moose is riding shotgun :blink::lol::P