British Speedway Forum

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAT you had inside knowledge of TT being in the meeting :rolleyes: lol

Yeah i'm psychic didn't you know :wink: .

Lottery numbers for Saturday are 4,13,18,25,38,43,i better put a £1 on that myself now just in case.

Glad the news about the 20 riders is out. I've known for a couple of weeks, since I worked out a 20-rider, 20-heat format on behalf of Paul Ackroyd.

For the last week, when people have been saying there's only two names to go, I've been wanting to say "well, actually you're in for a pleasant surprise...", but the news is now out officially. :approve:

All the best

Rob

How does the 20 rider format work mate? :blink:

as it's 20 heats still maybe each has 4 instead of 5 rides each. :unsure:

How that works as all will meet each other, well, i'll leave that answer to Rob.

Edited by colincooke

Glad the news about the 20 riders is out. I've known for a couple of weeks, since I worked out a 20-rider, 20-heat format on behalf of Paul Ackroyd.

For the last week, when people have been saying there's only two names to go, I've been wanting to say "well, actually you're in for a pleasant surprise...", but the news is now out officially. :approve:

All the best

Rob

How did you do that? If you have 16 riders over 20 heats, each will meet just once over the course of the meeting. With 20 some will not meet over 20 heats.

In an earlier post I, somewhat tongue-in-cheek, suggested that Len run his old 'Champions Chase' type event. However, with the numbers getting closer why not adopt the seecond version of the GP series (pinched in part by Ole Olsen). You just have to seed 8 riders who do not enter the competion proper until the field is reduced to 16.

How does the 20 rider format work mate? :blink:

Each of the 20 riders has 4 qualifying heats, one off each gate. Each rider will meet 12 of his fellow riders in the heats - no riders meet each other more than once in the heats. Don't worry, Jason Crump and Nicki Pedersen WILL meet, just as they will both meet Leigh Adams and Freddie Lindgren during the course of the heats.

The top two from the qualifying heats go directly to the final, the next four to the semi-final (same as PLRC & ELRC).

EDIT: Tocha, the problem with the GP KO system is that you don't get to see the top riders until halfway though the meeting.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

sorry but he is local and had bad luck with injuries, exactly the kind of rider this meeting is about and is better than the likes of viktor bergstrom.

Ah but Ben what if he was asked to ride in it, but turned down the invitation?? Or if it was the riders who asked to enter it, maybe he wasnt interested or gave his name for it a tad too late, after all it does say other riders wanted to be in the meeting. Be happy you've got your No.1 in the meeting, I as a Poole fan have no one to cheer on except Ex-Pirates and Doolan/TT.

Ah but Ben what if he was asked to ride in it, but turned down the invitation?? Or if it was the riders who asked to enter it, maybe he wasnt interested or gave his name for it a tad too late, after all it does say other riders wanted to be in the meeting. Be happy you've got your No.1 in the meeting, I as a Poole fan have no one to cheer on except Ex-Pirates and Doolan/TT.

That might not be a bad thing, as you can enjoy the racing more as you are not desperate for a certain rider to win.

Each of the 20 riders has 4 qualifying heats, one off each gate. Each rider will meet 12 of his fellow riders in the heats - no riders meet each other more than once in the heats. Don't worry, Jason Crump and Nicki Pedersen WILL meet, just as they will both meet Leigh Adams and Freddie Lindgren during the course of the heats.

The top two from the qualifying heats go directly to the final, the next four to the semi-final (same as PLRC & ELRC).

EDIT: Tocha, the problem with the GP KO system is that you don't get to see the top riders until halfway though the meeting.

All the best

Rob

That is not entirely true. The seeded 8 riders were introduced during the couse of the first elimination races to establish gate positions and heats for the main event.

However, the most important factors are for good weather, a full house, and ginormous amounts of money for the cause. Less than 9 days to go now. Can't wait!

Edited by tocha

That is not entirely true. The seeded 8 riders were introduced during the couse of the first elimination races to establish gate positions and heats for the main event.

Tocha - yes, but that was still Heats 9 & 10, which is practically halfway through the meeting. A week on Sunday, there will be big names in Heat 1 onwards. Also, you have to remember that the riders at Ben Fund meeting have offered their services for free - so it's not really fair for a few of them to only have two outings or to use a rather "cut-throat" knock-out heat format. :wink:

However, the most important factors are for good weather, a full house, and ginormous amounts of money for the cause.

Absolutely. Well said. :approve:

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

Be happy you've got your No.1 in the meeting, I as a Poole fan have no one to cheer on except Ex-Pirates and Doolan/TT.

yet another response from someone who isn't a fan of the sport, only Poole. :angry:

yet another response from someone who isn't a fan of the sport, only Poole. :angry:

Perhaps he's a fan of speedway, but a Poole supporter? :rolleyes:

As it's mothers day i hope the pub will be prepared for plenty of lunch orders as well as supping a few scoops.

Whats wrong with being loyal to my club's riders? Oh wait I remember now, im a Poole fan and alot on here just judge people on that and nothing else. :rolleyes: Shame on you CC! :neutral:

Whats wrong with being loyal to my club's riders? Oh wait I remember now, im a Poole fan and alot on here just judge people on that and nothing else. :rolleyes: Shame on you CC! :neutral:

Nothing wrong with supporting you're club & nothing wrong with supporting the sport either.

I shall be there to support those that have raced for our enjoyment paid a heavy price,yet show no grievance. That is what this meeting is all about, not whether your team has any rider in it. See any shame in that.

Edited by colincooke