British Speedway Forum

Gothenberg Gp 08/05

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a quite price worthy Hotel is Spar Hotel Gårda, cheap rooms of good standard the only downside is

that if you are unlucky you'll get a room with the window facing a freeway :(

They also have a second hotel i n Gothenburg in Majorna but that hotel

is maybe 4-5 Km away from the city center but the trams have a quite frequent

traffic even during late evenings and early nights.

another good hotel is Hotel Lorensberg that is a central hotel of good standard

they also seems to have lower pricer (more expensive then the first two though)

for that particular weekend as well.

Have been to Ullevi on several occasions and have sat in pretty much most areas of the stadium, and as Rob has said there isn't really a bad view in the place - remember though if you are along the straights and on one of the higher rows, its a long way to the track ( you don't really want to be a vertigo sufferer up there !!)

a quite price worthy Hotel is Spar Hotel Gårda, cheap rooms of good standard the only downside is

that if you are unlucky you'll get a room with the window facing a freeway :(

They also have a second hotel i n Gothenburg in Majorna but that hotel

is maybe 4-5 Km away from the city center but the trams have a quite frequent

traffic even during late evenings and early nights.

another good hotel is Hotel Lorensberg that is a central hotel of good standard

they also seems to have lower pricer (more expensive then the first two though)

for that particular weekend as well.

Have stayed in both Spa hotels. The both serve excellent buffet breakfasts but evening meals are very poor and very little choice. Trams pass the door at the Majorna and are very frequent even in early morning. Garda is 800 metres from the track although not on a bus or tram route which are about 400 metres away. There are no restaurant within the immediate vicinity of Garda Spa. This is in rather a remote part of the city. Majorna is on a main road with plenty of food places to eat although everthing was closed by 22.00 except a Greek Takeaway. Ten minutes to town centre. Both hotels are identical. Transport is very cheap. You can eat at the Ullevi stadium at Lunch time. If you eat there on a Friday about £6-7. if you ask nicely they will let you watch the practice which starts about 14.30.

There is on the Saturday a special lunch for Speeday supporters at the Palace Restuarant which is in the main square and the largest eating place in Goteberg. It starts about 14.00 and costs about £16 for 3 course meal and two drinks. It is organised by Bo the Goteberg announcer and there are after lunch speakers like Olle Nygren,Bengt Jansson and Posa Serenius . Spoken in English and Swedish. A good lunch time session

I'm planning on going to this GP, is there such a thing as a Pits Pass that I can buy, need 3.

If you sponsored the meeting you would get more than three ! ! If you cant do that you would have to know one of the riders or officals. Not even the top priced ticket gets you a pit walk-unlike Cardiff.

Edited by racers and royals

If you sponsored the meeting you would get more than three ! ! If you cant do that you would have to know one of the riders or officals. Not even the top priced ticket gets you a pit walk-unlike Cardiff.

Oh... how much does it take to sponsor the meeting?

I was in Gothenburg in 1997 (with Scotland) excellent time had by all.

I remember the Dancing Dingo was open 24 hours (although that might have been a lock in), is it still there?

it seems like it is:

http://www.dancindingo.se/

it is located in the Lorensberg Area, Hotel Lorensberg (mentioned above) & several other Hotels

are very close to this pub as well.

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone thinking of going to Gothenburg for the GP and hasn`t bought a flight -going out from stansted to Gothenburg city with Ryanair out sat am back sun eve is £40 return all in (£50 if not paying with pre-pay mastercard).It will not get any cheaper than that.

thanks racers and royals! booked our flights and hotel. we are flying out on the friday morning.its the third year in a row for us going to gothenburg!

Edited by i love tractors