British Speedway Forum

2010 Grand Prix wildcards

For one day only I agree with Shovler.

It is a shocking decision to include Harris, he has done nothing to warrant a place. The likes of Lindback and Zagar at the very least should have been above him in the pecking order and it appears that a selection has been made to his nationality rather than on merit.

Another bit of my enthusiasm for speedway has been chipped away. The pile of chippings is getting pretty big now :cry:

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sick of the GPs now - once used to get really excited about them, but now I'm just annoyed by them.

Woffinden and Harris being included are a joke. Why people think Tai will do an Emil is beyond me - Harris won't do much better, but will score more than Tai IMO.

Why on earth was Mataj Zagar overlooked? All they had to do was watch that magical race against Jason Crump at the SWC @ Peterborough and that alone should have made him a dead cert.

I'm sick of the GPs now - once used to get really excited about them, but now I'm just annoyed by them.

Woffinden and Harris being included are a joke. Why people think Tai will do an Emil is beyond me - Harris won't do much better, but will score more than Tai IMO.

Why on earth was Mataj Zagar overlooked? All they had to do was watch that magical race against Jason Crump at the SWC @ Peterborough and that alone should have made him a dead cert.

Wouldn't say i am sick of them.But i used to scan the net for livestreams to watch them.Now if the one i find doesn't work or cuts out i just get on with my evening without bothering.Guess that says a lot.It just isn't essential viewing any more

Wouldn't say i am sick of them.But i used to scan the net for livestreams to watch them.Now if the one i find doesn't work or cuts out i just get on with my evening without bothering.Guess that says a lot.It just isn't essential viewing any more

That pretty much sums up my GP viewing too! Sick of the people that are in charge would have been more accurate!

The sooner Kevin gets in the better though ;)

That pretty much sums up my GP viewing too! Sick of the people that are in charge would have been more accurate!

The sooner Kevin gets in the better though ;)

Let's see him top the PL averages next year first.But share your sentiments :wink:

British youngster Tai Woffinden will make his debut in next year's Grand Prix Series after being confirmed as one of the four wild cards.

The Wolverhampton rider will join fellow countryman Chris Harris in the line-up while, as expected, Denmark's Hans Andersen and Freddie Lindgren of Sweden were also handed wild cards.

The four will join the top eight riders from this year's series plus the three qualifiers from the GP Challenge.

Great 2 Wolves riders are in the Grand Prix and well deserved.

Up the WOLVES!!!! :lol::wink::lol::wink:

British youngster Tai Woffinden will make his debut in next year's Grand Prix Series after being confirmed as one of the four wild cards.

The Wolverhampton rider will join fellow countryman Chris Harris in the line-up while, as expected, Denmark's Hans Andersen and Freddie Lindgren of Sweden were also handed wild cards.

The four will join the top eight riders from this year's series plus the three qualifiers from the GP Challenge.

All of the above 4 riders have got there on merit well done to all of them. Nice to see 2 Wolves riders in the Grand Prix's.

Up the WOLVES :lol::lol::lol::lol:

All of the above 4 riders have got there on merit well done to all of them. Nice to see 2 Wolves riders in the Grand Prix's.

Up the WOLVES :lol::lol::lol::lol:

We don't need another thread and they're NOT WILD CARDS!

well in the grand scheme of things Tai and Bomber are not bad choices .....but do they both deserve to get a permanent wildcard? Once we have got over the fact that IMG are going to continue to protect 2 places for the brits then its all about if they chose the right ones or not. I cant help feeling that it should have been Bomber and Rico

Bomber had one of the best debut seasons in recent years and then followed that up with a couple of seasons slightly off the top 8 pace............. but I understand why he is being given chances... he has had no dirt to use at all in 3 years and a Bomber with some dirt under him is a different prospect............. he has to deliver this season though and with the field as frighteningly strong as it is i'm not sure he is up to the task unless he has tip top machinery and a hungry attitude

Tai is a season too early imo and I just hope that he has reserves of steely determination because I think he is going to need them.........

I hope they both prove me wrong and go from strength to strength ........ and I hope Ed gets himself into a position to be considered for 2011 as of right

Harris, lindgren ARE pretty much in terms of age and experience . Old blood like 30 somethings i believe.

Still feel they should invest in young blood as you stated.

Many where saying too early for Emil but clearly not.

Ward has said he wouldnt be able to afford it yet but reckon he will be in 2011 at any rate.

Kennett may well be new blood but he is still a few years older .

well Harris have done three seasons in the GP so far without Qualifying.

Besides Chris Harris will be 28 next year and that is hardly "new blood" or "young and talented"

That he won the BC two of the three latest years. Well despite being the British Champ he

finished second to last from the end.

No offense but IMO that says more about the state of British Speedway then

how good Harris is.

Some say that Rico have failed before in the Gps, he has but so have Harris and

why should Harris get more attempts and Rico not?

Harris will have his 4th Attempt

Freddie his third.

How many chances should a non qualifier get?

3,4,5,6 or unlimited number of attempts if they are British?

Can we please change the title of this thread? Harris, Woffinden, Lindgren and Andersen are seeded riders - they are not wildcards. The wildcard is the 16th rider (usually from the home country) nominated for each Grand Prix.

All the best

Rob

I know what you mean Rob but in fairness today's FIM official announcement refers to them as Wildcards.

Regards

Eddie

There were always going to be two British riders in this, so bearing that in mind these are the right two in my opinion - though Rico is perhaps unlucky not to get in.

Woffinden is our best youngster based on end-of-year form. I do feel another season outside the GP would have been a better option for him, but he's definitely our best choice.

Harris maybe a bit lucky, but being British Champ and fifth in the GP Challenge makes him the most justifiable choice despite his lack of success in the series. Certainly a better choice than Ed Kennett - although in World terms there are certainly better options.

I can see the reason they want two British riders - what with Cardiff and all that - and under those circumstances these are probably the right choices.

Can we please change the title of this thread? Harris, Woffinden, Lindgren and Andersen are seeded riders - they are not wildcards. The wildcard is the 16th rider (usually from the home country) nominated for each Grand Prix.

All the best

Rob

They are actually 4 permanent wildcards.