British Speedway Forum

Christmas Cracker Speedway Meeting - 27th December 3pm

If the two minute warning had sounded and Barker was not ready within two minutes then he should be excluded whatever the cause.

Even when the Ref is at fault??

my first visit to scunny and hope it becomes a regular event. Bitterly cold and difficult track and aa route finder sending me right instead of left at the last roundabout!! but found the stadium and i enjoyed the racing and was nice to catch up friends.Shame the final was totally ruined but a useless Ref (im hoping he's not doing the NYC!!!)Dont think Ben would of won because his faster bike had just gone up in flames but he may of made the podium? Kevin Doolan was a worthy winner and congrats to him,very impressed with young Hart. Tabarka looked half decent people forget he'd been travelling since christmas eve!! Like i said on the whole a great day out....roll on Newport now

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as a Monarch big well done to Joszef Tabaka...8 points in his first meeting :approve:

To be fair he beat Andrew Tully in a 2 man race for a heat win [Tully's only points of the day :blink: ]. he did beat Adam Roynon though finshing second in a 3 man race! his other 3 points came from finishing last in 3 man races. i would imagine it would be hard to judge a rider from a meeting like this, more about some riders getting a few laps in & blowing away a few of the cobwebs.

First thought on the meeting - It was cold!!!!!!

Second thoughts - It was beyond cold!!!

I'm still cold the day after!!!

Racing wasn't amazing but what do you expect in December!?! I got my fix of the speedway smell and the sound of bikes so I went home happy! As an honourary Kings Lynn fan for the day, I thought the result was great too. Good old Dools looked a class above (except when being beaten by Jerran Hart - who also looked pretty good)

Lack of fire extinguiser was a poor effort though - as others have stated Ben himself could very easily have been on fire - for him to have to run around like a headless chicken trying to put the flames out is a really poor showing by the Ref and the Marshalls!!

People are going on about the rules. OK if you want to say Ben didn't make the two minutes fair enough, but he may have done if he wasn't trying to put out his own bike. If marshalls had pulled their finger out he could have been accross the track and getting Mills bike off him for the final. At the time the bike went up the rider in red wasn't out the pitts, so Ben could have had time. And surely the biggest rule in the book is SAFETY which was shocking!!!! And again the rule book.... Jordan did not touch the tapes, maybe Mr Mcgreggor should go to specsavers. AND Richard Franklin was not going at racing pace so coasting behind Roynan, who was trying his heart out, bless him, to then fall off and Franklin get the 3 points is a shambles. POOR POOR POOR decision making.

A big well done to Rob and everyone at Scunny for actually gettting this meeting on,huge effort after the crap weather they have had to work with and well done to the riders for having a blast

Special mention also to Rich Franklin and Adam Wrathall for stepping in at last minute

Oh,and maybe the day glow jacket brigade could make use of there "freebie" tickets and help some of these riders get up off the track and move there bike instead of standing around doing nowt

Forget about the ref and the lack of the fire extinguisher and think of the work and hassle put in by RG and the track guys

A big well done

I had to laugh at Jerran Harts comments on the BSPA site.

"I came here to win but 2nd is a good effort".

Who on earth does he think he is? He was never going to win that field. Yes done well no doubt but to say what he said just made me laugh.

Wonder if Niels Kristian and Mads are worried about his presence for the Classic on Sunday?

Who on earth does he think he is? He was never going to win that field. Yes done well no doubt but to say what he said just made me laugh.

Surely all riders turn up to win?? if your not in that state of mind then why race???

Surely all riders turn up to win?? if your not in that state of mind then why race???

Exactly! Jerran Hart has self confidence and belief and a will to win. A rare trait in English sportsman in general, well done to him I say.

His performance yesterday was excellent, especially the pass down the back straight on deserved winner Kevin Doolan.

It was very cold yesterday, but enjoyable never the less, well done to all at Scunny for putting on the meeting and their hard work :approve:

Maybe the meeting could be renamed the Jim McGregor retirement meeting :blink:

Edited by PhilK

Maybe the meeting could be renamed the Jim McGregor retirement meeting :blink:

I like it.. :lol: ...I was wondering though, if there was ever such a meeting, would he have any friends who would turn up or take part in it, or would the whole speedway world be there just to make sure that he does retire and leaves the sport alone?

Anyway, it also brought another thought to mind. Referees submit reports to the SCB after every meeting, commenting on stuff like the state of the track, health and safety provisions etc etc... I wonder who is going to take the blame for the lack of fire extinguishers at the start line? Will McGregor tie his own noose, as at the end of the day, the buck stops with him on the day, or will he put the blame on the Scunthorpe organisation? Would love to get a copy of that report and see what it says.

I think that Jerran Hart will have the last laugh as far as ypu are concerned. A fine young rider with a superb attitude who provided a great deal of the entertainment yesterday.

Go and laugh in a corner somewhere because no-one else is interested in your snide comment which are laughable enough in their own right!

Malcolm Vasey

Wonder if Niels Kristian and Mads are worried about his presence for the Classic on Sunday?

Wanna,

Were you even there?

If the two minute warning had sounded and Barker was not ready within two minutes then he should be excluded whatever the cause.

Abslolutely spot on . If you turn up to a meeting with Laurel and Hardy and throw together a box of bits , you should expect your bike not to start or for it to set on fire . it was like watching a replay of the new year classic at Poole last year. certainly funnier than the Royle family Christmas special .

How can you make such comments about our Jerran.....obviously you are not aware of this lads guts and enthusiasm.....he rode exactly how we at Scunny would expect him to. Well done Jerran and good luck at the Classic!

Jerran is a british kid & he's full of confidence. I tip a wink for the lad. :approve:

Seems wanna is another of those who think that unless a rider is foreign he's no good!......, Come on all you british lads lets make this year the year they all start to take notice!

For me personally I was just too cold to enjoy this meeting whatever the calibre of racing.........which wasnt what we are used to at Scunny and neither could you expect it to be. Hats off to all the riders who gave it a go in difficult conditions, hats off to Rob and the track staff who worked tirelessly over the festive period to make sure the meeting did happen, hats off to jerran who came so close to winning despite what wanna thinks about his determination......he could well surprise you all at Newport and I for one hope he does!! Good luck to all the riders in the Classic for a safe meeting and bravo to all those who stand out in the cold to watch it!!

altho i enjoyed my first visit to scunny i have to wonder if a meeting in the winter is really worth it.little passing obviously but speedway bikes are not built for cold weather.after 5 riders pulled out by heat 16 that was enough for me.got home to a hot chilli and glass of whisky.congrats to scunny for putting on a meeting as best as they could tho and il visit again in warmer conditions!!! :rolleyes:

Anyway, it also brought another thought to mind. Referees submit reports to the SCB after every meeting, commenting on stuff like the state of the track, health and safety provisions etc etc... I wonder who is going to take the blame for the lack of fire extinguishers at the start line? Will McGregor tie his own noose, as at the end of the day, the buck stops with him on the day, or will he put the blame on the Scunthorpe organisation? Would love to get a copy of that report and see what it says.

The onus is on the Clerk of the Course to ensure that anti-fire equipment is sited properly NOT the Referee SR14.2.1. The Referee should inspect equipment to be used during the meeting SR14.9.1 - nothing is said about it having to be insitu when it is inspected.

Wanna,

Were you even there?

How can you make such comments about our Jerran.....obviously you are not aware of this lads guts and enthusiasm.....he rode exactly how we at Scunny would expect him to. Well done Jerran and good luck at the Classic!

I am with Montie, Wanna you really have no understanding of what its all about. Jerran is a young up and coming rider with a confidence and determination that you could only dream off. I take it Wanna is short for wanna be :)

Perhaps someone in regular contact with young jerran can let him kno just exactly what newports official webmaster is saying about him and that he now has the backing of most of the rest of us as a result

i have met him on a few occassions and he is a nice lad. fair play to him for having the right attitude and determination that so many lack these days

good luck jerran, make him eat his words