British Speedway Forum

Wildcards 2010

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to say it will be weird next year if Freddie is not in the GP's and Tai is. Surely they need to look at league averages?

Tai will have to give up any hopes of being under 21 champ too as I can't see him being able to fit the meetings in!

Edited by superguest

Let's go for it

Nicholls , Harris , Woffinden and Richardson . With Kennett the Cardiff wildcard . :P

I like this option!! The only way we will see another British World Champion is having 12 others in the same field :lol:

Yes folks - it is my first post even though I registered in May!! So take it easy on me ok :wink:

I cannot see Lindback getting in as Lindgren is ahead of him and already 2 other swedes in and cannot see why there should be a fourth. Lindgren finishing just outside the top 8 and next in line from the GP Qualifier (remember Lindback did not make the GP Qualifier final). Andersen is likely to be voted in too! A blip season and considering the popularity of the sport in Denmark then I can easily see a 3rd Danish contender, and he is the better option.

A Brit will be in it, irrespective of most peoples thoughts that a Brit does not deserve to be in it (which I tend to agree with). Therefore which one? For me, it is one of three. For Tai, it is a season too early. If he had won the WU21 Final this year then I would have probably said they would go with him. Then it's between Richardson and Harris (as no other Brit comes close). I can see the argument for Richardson as he competes in the top leagues across Europe altho, as some others have already mentioned, will sicknote be there for all grand prixs?? Personally, Harris gets the nod for 1 more year and hope that with the introduction of Tony Olsson, we may get some dirt and decent track preparation to give Harris a fighting chance. Similar to Loramski, one of the most entertaining riders when dirt is on the track.

So who will be Wild Card No. 4? If Adams hadn't called it day I would have liked to have seen him for another season. However, 3 Poles are already in (subject to Holta carrying on), 3 swedes (assuming Lindgren gets another vote), 3 Danes (assuming Andersen gets a vote too), 2 Australians (Darcy Ward likely to be a 3rd in 2011 if he wins WU21 again in 2010), a Yank and a Russian. IMHO, primarily for commercial reasons, it would not surprise me if a second Brit will get in (if not then I think it will be Zagar). So my final 4 (sorry - it's 6) are:

Lindgren

Andersen

Harris

Richardson or Woffinden or Zagar

http://www.dn.se/sport/wild-card-och-guld-...ndgren-1.982184

according to this article the 4 wcs have been awarded to

Freddie Lindgren

Hans A

Tai

a

and Edward kennett. :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock: how the h**l can they award a mediocre rider like Kennett a permanent Wild Card?

Please tell me that is a joke or a wild bit of speculation and not fact!

well henry the article claims that these are the 4 riders that will be awarded a WCs.

DN is usually a reliable news paper but their sources in this case are Freddie LIndgren who said that a Torun boss told him that

he and those other 3 will get the WCs.

"-one of the bosses in Torun, who have got a GP next year, told me that i will be awared a WIld Card for next season.

i aksed him if it was certain to a 100%. He said that it was certain to 400%."

The article then says:

"the other riders that will be awarded a WC are Hans Andersen, Danmark, Tai Woffinden och Edvard Kennet, England."

Edited by Ghostwalker

The only reason I can see why BSI gives a wild card to EK is that BSI is tired of Scotty, Lee och Harris and that they always end up outside top-8. Noone of Tai and EK will be able to get to top-8 but thay are atleast young and talented. Give EK a couple of seasons and he might be a stable GP-rider.

Obvoiusly they have taken into account Ed's storming performances at Cardiff over the past couple of years, coupled with his 5 point haul in the Pocking qualifier. Not to mention the 3 points he amassed in the Peterborough WTC round and his fantastic record in the Under 21 Finals.

I don't believe Harris should be in, but Kennett!!!!!?

Give EK a couple of seasons and he might be a stable GP-rider.

:lol:

Obvoiusly they have taken into account Ed's storming performances at Cardiff over the past couple of years, coupled with his 5 point haul in the Pocking qualifier. Not to mention the 3 points he amassed in the Peterborough WTC round and his fantastic record in the Under 21 Finals.

:approve:

Oh. My. God.

i like Eddie as a rider, but he isnt G.P standard. He's nowhere near as good as Nicholls and Harris, and they both failed dismally this year.

The only advantage he'd have over those two is he is better from the gate, and may on slick tracks be able to hang on if he gets out front, similar to what Ulamek has done a few times this year