British Speedway Forum

Gp Tracks 2010

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sportowefakty are reporting that Bydgoszcz will stage final round of the 2010 series, probably on October 9th...

With all these little snippets coming out here and there, BSI / IMG may as well hurry up and announce things officially...

3. Australians and Kiwis do it every year.

It's a different scenario.

When the average Aussie and Kiwi comes over to Europe, no doubt it's just them on an economy ticket and they acquire their gear when they arrive. By contrast, if you stage a World Championship round Down Under, you need to ship all the riders, mechanics and officials there, not to mention the bikes and paraphenalia. In addition, whilst some riders might choose to sell on their equipment in the country (even if the customs issues of doing that could be resolved), you can't expect them to leave their best gear behind.

i'd imagine IMG would get an Airline sponsor and freighting sponsor on board then a plane would be chartered to freight everyone in and out.

I'd have thought it likely that IMG had already looked into such things, but there must be other issues as to why antipodean GPs have not been considered feasible.

I agree WHB66 - I also went to Grindsted the night before (which as you say was very enjoyable) and completed the weekend with the 80cc meeting at Korskro. Based on what I saw I feel Vojens deserves to continue as a GP venue.

By all accounts Vojens is a certainty.They have a full programme next season with the GP Challenge,SWC Race-off and Final,plus the GP and the 80cc YGT :approve:

....and of course the DSL meetings.And they even wanted a round of the World U21 Finals being held over 3 meetings.Pity they were turned down and they are all being held in Eastern Europe....

Edited by iris123

Officially ? my GUESS is after the FIM Congress, which is sometime in November I believe

Sportowefakty confirming this morning that Leszno will open the 2010 GPs on 24 April here

FIM biannual session starts today and ends on Monday. Not sure when CCP (track commission) meet during this time, but expect 2010 calendars next week.

Edited by ballinger

Sportowefakty confirming this morning that Leszno will open the 2010 GPs on 24 April here

FIM biannual session starts today and ends on Monday. Not sure when CCP (track commission) meet during this time, but expect 2010 calendars next week.

Thanks for that Pete

just read about torun in the ss . its the one for next year. saw the outside of the stadium from the bus last weekend and it looks awesome. hope i can get time off work and be able to book the flights hotel etc :unsure: then again im a postman so i might not have to worry about getting time off :lol:

So it would seem that the 2010 SGP calendar will pan out as follows :

Apr 24 - Leszno

May 8 - Gothenburg

May 22 - Prague

June 5 - Copenhagen

June 19 - Torun

July 10 - Cardiff

Aug 14 - Malilla

Aug 28 - Gorican

Sept 11 - Vojens

Sept 25 - Italy

Oct 9 - Bydgoszcz

with SWC

July 24 - Gorzow

July 26 - UK round

July 29 - Vojens Race Off

July 31 - Vojens SWC Final

So it would seem that the 2010 SGP calendar will pan out as follows :

Apr 24 - Leszno

May 8 - Gothenburg

May 22 - Prague

June 5 - Copenhagen

June 19 - Torun

July 10 - Cardiff

Aug 14 - Malilla

Aug 28 - Gorican

Sept 11 - Vojens

Sept 25 - Italy

Oct 9 - Bydgoszcz

with SWC

July 24 - Gorzow

July 26 - UK round

July 29 - Vojens Race Off

July 31 - Vojens SWC Final

Now officially confirmed!

Shame Lativa and Slovenia have disappeared off of the calender. I hope this is the start of a rota of gp tracks, ie One year Slovenia and next Croatia and so on. Also rotating between the two Italian tracks. I would have thought a Russian GP will appear in 2011 and the series expanded to 12 gp's.