St Petersburg instead of Daugvapils

Lonigo instead of Terenzano

Gorican instead Krsko

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well none of that grabs my interest :(

Too many GP's...as it has been for too long.

Having 3 in Poland is ridiculous. Pure profiteering.

Maybe I'm very much in the minority, but it's just so uninteresting.

St.Petersburg, one of the most fantastic cities in the world...but it would be like Prague, where going to the speedway 'ruins' a great weekend.

Well none of that grabs my interest :(

Too many GP's...as it has been for too long.

Having 3 in Poland is ridiculous. Pure profiteering.

Maybe I'm very much in the minority, but it's just so uninteresting.

St.Petersburg, one of the most fantastic cities in the world...but it would be like Prague, where going to the speedway 'ruins' a great weekend.

Why bother posting such negative words. If your not interested fine, leave it to those who are

Edited by Mark

Why bother posting such negative words. If your not interested fine, leave it to those who are

Well said, lets hope they sort the track out at Prague this year. It has gone downhill year after year.

There is gonna be a huge scramble for Torun tickets.

No Vojens then??

Would be a surprise considering the work done in upgrading the place,the attendance at the recent GP and Olsen stating he was hoping it would become a permanent fixture in the GP series in the Vojens programme

Would be a surprise considering the work done in upgrading the place,the attendance at the recent GP and Olsen stating he was hoping it would become a permanent fixture in the GP series in the Vojens programme

That's exactly what I would have thought. I guess we'll know for sure soon enough.

Fancy St Petersburg, been there for a long weekend and really enjoyed it. I suppose the logistics of getting the bikes etc to togliatti is too difficult, but all the russian speedway fans are a damn long way from St Petersburg, they'll have to rely on visitors to make up the numbers. Stumbling block will be, can fans be bothered with getting a visa. Good point, is that it's far cheaper to get to than moscow or anywhere further east.

Confirmed GP Tracks for 2010 and rumours

Confirmed

Torun

Målilla

Gothenburg

Copenhagen

Leszno

Cardiff

Bydgoszcz

Prag

Rumours

St Petersburg instead of Daugvapils

Lonigo instead of Terenzano

Gorican instead Krsko

Why cant England hold a GP as well as the British GP ?

It could be held at Coventry easily or maybe this new venture at Leicester that is believed to be even bigger. They could even call it the Commonwealth GP to make sure its PC and should gain a good crowd.

Would like to see Landshut or Pocking in Germany added as well as Vojens which would make it a 14 -15 meeting series.

Why cant England hold a GP as well as the British GP ?

It could be held at Coventry easily or maybe this new venture at Leicester that is believed to be even bigger. They could even call it the Commonwealth GP to make sure its PC and should gain a good crowd.

Would like to see Landshut or Pocking in Germany added as well as Vojens which would make it a 14 -15 meeting series.

Surely 14-15 GP's is far too many

Three GP's in Poland is ridiculous. Bellamy hinted that unless Cardiff sold out (and pigs might fly) It is doubtful that they would entertain another in Britain. I think they are missing a trick with the likes of Peterborough and Coventry both likely to sell out and yes it could be marketed as an English GP.

I thought Vojens was a massive success. I hope they continue with that one as I enjoyed the weekend with a trip to a Danish league meeting as well

I thought Vojens was a massive success. I hope they continue with that one as I enjoyed the weekend with a trip to a Danish league meeting as well

I agree WHB66 - I also went to Grindsted the night before (which as you say was very enjoyable) and completed the weekend with the 80cc meeting at Korskro. Based on what I saw I feel Vojens deserves to continue as a GP venue.

Edited by WembleyLion

Surely 14-15 GP's is far too many

Three GP's in Poland is ridiculous. Bellamy hinted that unless Cardiff sold out (and pigs might fly) It is doubtful that they would entertain another in Britain. I think they are missing a trick with the likes of Peterborough and Coventry both likely to sell out and yes it could be marketed as an English GP.

You wont like 2011 then!

You wont like 2011 then!

No It's not a case of not liking it. More a case of Three in Poland Two in Sweden possibly two in Denmark is a joke. Substitute One of the polish meetings and one of the swedish meetings and have them in Australasia out of our season and I would be very happy. Shame that its unlikely to have the support of the fans there.

But given that it could expand to say sixteen with the majority during the British season it will have a massive negative effect on our top league. I want to be able to watch top class riders each week and not the sort of stuff that is served up the majority of tme in Australia and new Zealand i.e Solo's being the side attraction to other forms of motorsport

No It's not a case of not liking it. More a case of Three in Poland Two in Sweden possibly two in Denmark is a joke. Substitute One of the polish meetings and one of the swedish meetings and have them in Australasia out of our season and I would be very happy. Shame that its unlikely to have the support of the fans there.

But given that it could expand to say sixteen with the majority during the British season it will have a massive negative effect on our top league. I want to be able to watch top class riders each week and not the sort of stuff that is served up the majority of tme in Australia and new Zealand i.e Solo's being the side attraction to other forms of motorsport

1. i wouldnt mind seeing a few GPs in Asia/Australia in addition to those we have in europe but not instead of

the same amount of GPs in Europe

2. I wouldnt mind having as much as 15 GPs. on the contrary more Gp would mean more media attention and it

would mean that a rider cannot secure the title after only 4-5 GPs.

3. Who are going to pay for the travelling and transport costs for getting the riders

and their teams and equipment half around the world?

1. i wouldnt mind seeing a few GPs in Asia/Australia in addition to those we have in europe but not instead of

the same amount of GPs in Europe

2. I wouldnt mind having as much as 15 GPs. on the contrary more Gp would mean more media attention and it

would mean that a rider cannot secure the title after only 4-5 GPs.

3. Who are going to pay for the travelling and transport costs for getting the riders

and their teams and equipment half around the world?

3. Australians and Kiwis do it every year.

If they had us at the end of the series, bikes and engines could be sold, meaning less to take back.

If it came here it would be at a speedway stadium but with a temporary surface.

i'd imagine IMG would get an Airline sponsor and freighting sponsor on board then a plane would be chartered to freight everyone in and out.