British Speedway Forum

Best Ever Rider.

Guest ohhyeah

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, I'm new to this forum.....just been looking for anything about my famous (infamous!) namesake - Michael Lee!

I seen bits that folks have posted above here about him, but what has happened to him? Where is he now? Is there a brief potted history of the guy anywhere?

Main reason for this apart from genuine interest - is that I am due to take my first ride on a speedway bike this Saturday morning at Sheffield's Tiger's test track at Owlerton!

And I am really looking forward to it! Can't wait to have a go!

Ta Michael Lee :lol:

Guest BritPeter

Ivan Mauger was the best gater of all time, take that away and he would have won nothing. Ove Fundin, even in the handicap day's had a vey high average, I used to go all over the country to watch Ove, he had a cult following at the time, and he rarely disappointed. OVE IS THE GREATEST!

What if Mike Lee had stayed on the straight and narrow? Focused like he was as a 16 year old... How many more World Championships would have come his way? No telling.....Would... should... could......Mmmmmmmm. interesting... Have to admit, talent as good as the best ever..... Oh, that is another thread........... 8)

What if Mike Lee had stayed on the straight and narrow? Focused like he was as a 16 year old... How many more World Championships would have come his way? No telling.....Would... should... could......Mmmmmmmm. interesting... Have to admit, talent as good as the best ever..... Oh, that is another thread........... 8)

Be careful Sandman, jblanch69 may be looking :!: :shock:;)

Just beat? Just missed? Almost, could have, might have, should have, ride a bit? I think you are labouring.... (almost pregnant, you heard of that one )

Are you pregnant :lol::lol:

Don't know if it is a fair cop or not, but just think, a straight and narrow Mike..... F yuz all, just my humble opinion. Thanks for the warning Custom House Kid. Just dont want to be accused of being boring....... 8)

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Dunno do eye? 8)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BritPeter

You have really got me thinking now, and it hurts! Best I can do at short notice is, ummmm Basse Hveem (spelling) or, ummm Sverre something??

not sure, but I am sure you will tell me

Did I hear you say coulda should woulda? Granted he is an extremely nice man but depends if you were racing against him... Was as mean as the :evil: when he had a helmet on.. I am disappointed in you saying shoulda though... :)

Now now, dont say anything today that you might regret tomorrow.... 8)

Plus, I am just disappointed he didn't win more, because as we all know, he shoulda gone further.. Thats all, really I am not being combative. 8)

jblanch69 You wore me down !

Will have to get back to you on Sverre as i have'nt got a lot of info! :cry::oops:

I started watching West Ham in 65 when i was 9 so memory a bit blurred.

(rose tinted) ;) Have only got a few old progs! stopped going in 71 (moved on to rock and roll) and lost touch with speedway till Sky sparked some intrest last year!

Oh! posted you but forgot to add Sig

These puters not my stong point!

• 3 weeks later...