British Speedway Forum

Great Britain V Australia U25 Test Match

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know the admission prices for this meeting ??? It's not that I'm tight, (careful what you say...I'm being genuine here !! :wink: ) but I was hoping that it would be kept at reasonable costs as opposed to some of the BSPA run meetings with £25 admission charges and silly prices for glossy souvenier magazine instead of programme. The more reasonable the admission prices, the bigger the crowd and therefore the better the atmosphere.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Sue and Jenkie. Common sense prevails I see. Reasonable admission and programme costs should see a bumper crowd. The line ups alone deserve a packed house and so does whoever is actually promoting this for making it value for money for loyal speedway fans. I do get annoyed when you get charged something like £25 entrance and £5 a glossy programme for things like the ELRC only to find half the riders missing or dropping out or a poorly run meeting.

I am really looking forward to this meeting now, so let's hope the W-E-A-T-H-E-R (shhh I am not saying it out loud!!) stays okay for it.

Will you be there with your gang of Twitches on the '39 steps' Sue ??? :lol::wink:

Thank you Sue and Jenkie. Common sense prevails I see. Reasonable admission and programme costs should see a bumper crowd. The line ups alone deserve a packed house and so does whoever is actually promoting this for making it value for money for loyal speedway fans. I do get annoyed when you get charged something like £25 entrance and £5 a glossy programme for things like the ELRC only to find half the riders missing or dropping out or a poorly run meeting.

I am really looking forward to this meeting now, so let's hope the W-E-A-T-H-E-R (shhh I am not saying it out loud!!) stays okay for it.

Will you be there with your gang of Twitches on the '39 steps' Sue ??? :lol::wink:

Certainly will be, wouldn't miss it for anything!

Have already told my lift that we need to leave earlier so that we can get our usual spot on the terraces....would be hell to pay from youngest if we didn't, he hates change.

Been offered a lift to this.. so if I can get away from work early may be able to stop by.. Though I dont hold my hopes high.

You only get one crack at this life thing....live life to the max....MAKE IT HAPPEN !! :wink:

And more promotion for this event:

Further press release issued today:

Ipswich Speedway are pleased to offer a free programme to any fans that present a valid season ticket from any Elite, Premier or National League team for the upcoming Great Britain v Australia U25 Test Match being held at Foxhall Stadium on the 15th October start time 7.30pm.

This meeting looks like being the most competitive team meeting of the season in this country, and is an all too rare opportunity to see the mainstay of our National squad in action together. Rob Lyon has certainly made an impact in his first season as National Coach and in picking the Aussies for this test has picked the most exciting and possibly the toughest opposition possible.

Commenting on the offer John Louis said, “We are very excited and honoured to be staging a meeting of this calibre and the thought of two such young and determined sides going head to head with National pride at stake is a mouth-watering prospect. We have held admission prices and offered a programme to all regular Speedway fans to encourage as many people as possible to get behind Team Great Britain as they do battle with one of the strongest Nations in World Speedway.”

Behave Trees.... :lol:

Credit to the Ipswich promotion though, for putting the meeting on.

Cracking evening of racing ahead I reckon. Really bugged off that

I cant get over for this one at least.

Ah well, hopefully Re-Run will be filming it, so I will get to see it,

eventually.

Good Luck to Team GB, but I fear the Young Roo's will be just too

strong.

Behave Trees.... :lol:

Credit to the Ipswich promotion though, for putting the meeting on.

Cracking evening of racing ahead I reckon. Really bugged off that

I cant get over for this one at least.Ah well, hopefully Re-Run will be filming it, so I will get to see it,

eventually.

Good Luck to Team GB, but I fear the Young Roo's will be just too

strong.

Me, too. A pity this isn't a weekend meeting - no chance of getting from Bournemouth to Ipswich after work in time for 7.30pm :(

And more promotion for this event:

Further press release issued today:

Ipswich Speedway are pleased to offer a free programme to any fans that present a valid season ticket from any Elite, Premier or National League team for the upcoming Great Britain v Australia U25 Test Match being held at Foxhall Stadium on the 15th October start time 7.30pm.

We have held admission prices and offered a programme to all regular Speedway fans to encourage as many people as possible to get behind Team Great Britain as they do battle with one of the strongest Nations in World Speedway.”

I will be doing my best to go to this meeting and will buy a programme however, it should be noted that my track do not have season tickets and I have been to more Speedway meetings this year than ever before? does that not count as a "regular Speedway fan"

Not heard any change in the lineups at 3.30 this afternoon, the gates will open at 6.30pm and a collection for Riders benevolent fund tonight too.

Glad it's not on Sky TBH, we want lots of fans to attend, and if on Sky any sensible fan would stay in, in the warm :wink:

Really looking forward to this meeting, hope to see lots of you there.

Editted to add, this taken from today's EADT:

King faces GB fitness battle

Last updated: 15/10/2009 15:34:00

IPSWICH'S Danny King is fighting to be fit for tonight's Test Match at Foxhall Stadium between GB U25s and Australia U25s.

The Witches skipper fell awkwardly on a shoulder at the weekend and had to pull out of last night's challenge meeting at Poole after just one race.

Edited by Badge