British Speedway Forum

Grand Prix Challenge.

Always amazes me the excuses people who reckon they're Speedway fans come up with for not attending Meetings. You've got 16 of the best riders going around at the moment on show all fighting for the right to appear in the top flight next season.

If I was anywhere within 500 miles of a show like this one I'd be crawling over hot coals to get there, hang the expenses, who gives a stuff about the announcer, but then I just enjoy the Sport.

Some folks just enjoy whingeing.

Your view is possibly clouded by the lack of speedway you get to see mate. If you lived here you would be as whiny and cynical as the rest of us. :wink:

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always amazes me the excuses people who reckon they're Speedway fans come up with for not attending Meetings. You've got 16 of the best riders going around at the moment on show all fighting for the right to appear in the top flight next season.

If I was anywhere within 500 miles of a show like this one I'd be crawling over hot coals to get there, hang the expenses, who gives a stuff about the announcer.

I agree, if you stay off solids from now and only take on fluids then I think the majority should survive an evening of good entertainment despite Yorke :unsure:

Wouldn't it be fantastic if Zorro got into the GP at his ripe old age.

The guy has been around for so long and I think he deserves his year for being an excellent and fantastic ambassador to the sport.

He gets better with age, although I don't ever remember Cov being one of his favourite tracks.

No.

So have many others, other wh have not been kicked out of meetings for reckless riding. Paul Frys been a great ambasador! Fryer for the GPs :D

Wrong, sadly. He only dropped a handful of points there last season.

If I was anywhere within 500 miles of a show like this one I'd be crawling over hot coals to get there, hang the expenses, who gives a stuff about the announcer, but then I just enjoy the Sport.

Some folks just enjoy whingeing.

BFD - we're not all whingeing Pomgolians, some of us are looking forward to the meeting at Coventry tomorrow. :wink:

All the best

Rob

BFD - we're not all whingeing Pomgolians, some of us are looking forward to the meeting at Coventry tomorrow. :wink:

All the best

Rob

Hi Rob be nice to see you tomorrow if I get a chance I am involved with track prep at Cov till end of the season I was at practice today suprised to see no Freddie Lindgren or Antonio Lindback don,t know why .

cheers Mick

All the best

Rob

Goodonya Rob, I knew there was still a few real fans left. Have one for me!! (and a couple for yourself, then another one for me, then..........................)

Say G'day to Gem and False Dawn up on Turn 4!

Gutted I can't make it along tomorrow night but have family commitments. Good lineup, so much at stake I think racing will be really tough.

Come on Noddy, have a good meeting thee for a change and get in those GPs to liven it up a bit.

All the best

Rob

How many coloured pens will you be using tomorrow, I doubt we'll fit you and them in...Do you need directions?

Well with Somerset now ruled out by the family I have been persuded that I should be at Brandon tomorrow night!!!

Looking forward to catching up with some West coast friends as well as some London ones!!!! :lol:

You are so full of guff, I knew you'd be there. I mean, you'd be missing a trick, all those speedway riders for you to cosy up to.... :lol:

See you all tomorrow!

I am also looking forward to my first trip to Coventry. Flight leaving germany in the afternoon to Birmingham.

My Tip: Harris, Lindgren, Bjerre and Hampel to get Top four.

Goodonya Rob, I knew there was still a few real fans left.

Stop talking carp. It's expensive and for a family of 4 too much. People are boycotting in disagreement with that and proving their point to the club. There's a time when enough's enough. Simply people can save the tenner difference and use it somewhere more important.

I was looking forward to the meeting at the start of the season, but the line-up and the price of tickets just doesnt inspire me to go i'm afraid. Especially this close to payday

My prediction is

Lindgren

Holder

Davidsson

With Harris and Hampel to just miss out