British Speedway Forum

Grand Prix Challenge.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah won't forget last night in a hurry!! Now trying to convince my wife to let the lad and I go to Poland next season, keeping everything crossed. Fancy that new stadium in Torun first :wink: well you can always dream :lol:

I am dreaming that same dream too....would LOVE to go to Poland .... :cry:

The meeting last night was fast & furious, maybe that's the reason for very little overtaking, there was plenty of dirt down as photos have proven.

The incidents we're horrific & thankfully there's very little in the way of injury, best of luck to Grzegorsz.

The Poles are amazing aren't they with their flags & chanting, the guy on the back straight that kept running onto the dog track was right in front of where we stood, naughty boy but very funny.

If only speedway could generate these crowds all the time.................if only.

this must mean we standf very close together..

if when the 60+ bouncer came over to the pole and was greater with "hit him" and he did a bow, im sorry to say that was me!

well i enjoyed last night, the poles were very entertaining with there chanting and massive flags and I too was watching the man on the dog track :lol: . We had some poles from Tarnow standing with us and they were actually pretty quiet, seemed like a nice group of people though :)

much bigger crowd than i was expecting, not much room to move about down the backstraight, not used to that. :P

Glad to see holder and jarek going into the GP's. Not a big fan of Zorros but fully deserved his win.

Bomber did as bomber does, comes good when its too late!! :rolleyes:

All in all it was a very good evening, only thing was that i had to pay £25 to get in as my NUS card hasnt come through yet!! :angry:

Edited by Bombers number 1 fan.

None of these riders should be nominated. The whole thing is a farce and is nothing more than a grand travelling circus. Quite rightly some contributors complain about the £25 entrance fee and another £5 for a programme. Would you pay £25 to visit Billy Smart's Circus?

Actually yes, I enjoy a good circus. Get one every autumn on the common near where I live, excellent entertainment during the close season for speedway :wink:

Richardson 'didn't make the final' because....

:rolleyes:

Because he was taken ill just before the semi-final. Bad luck, but that is sort of thing that would also have taken him out of the equation in the old World Final system. There is however no certainty that he would have made it through the semi anyway, after all one of many peoples favourites for a wild card Matej Zager didn't.

Edited by Beeone

Did i read in the star that Zorro wants british racing next season....and does qualifying mean his average re-assesses to an 8 point figure?..if so thats gonna put paid to that altho one suspects he may want to change that plan now?!...btw good for him didnt see that one coming :blink::lol:

He would have an eight average only if he was new to these shores. He would come on last years average. probably Sandhu has already been on the phone to him to come into the Bees 2010 lineup. After getting the permission from Matt Ford of course.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

this must mean we standf very close together..

if when the 60+ bouncer came over to the pole and was greater with "hit him" and he did a bow, im sorry to say that was me!

We all safrican americaned at the images of Terry (Mr Security) taking on that Pole.

If you know Polish speedway you would know that the Pole would have been surrounded by Men in Balck if he was back home - but in in Blighty we have 'Terry'!!!! :lol:

zorro in the Gps what a f*****g joke he van hardly score more then 5-6p in Elitserien.

Cant really understand why he bothers coz he will be next years Nicholls.

Cant say im looking forward to another veteran in the GPS :angry::mad:

Totally crap post, if Zorro can win the meeting then he deserves to be in the GP next season,if you don't like it,don't watch it !!!!!!!

All the very best in next seasons GP Zorro, I for won hope you do well.

Did i read in the star that Zorro wants british racing next season....and does qualifying mean his average re-assesses to an 8 point figure?..if so thats gonna put paid to that altho one suspects he may want to change that plan now?!...btw good for him didnt see that one coming :blink::lol:

I find this a little odd don't you. This year he said no cos of too many meetings & now he has the GP on top.

I assume he will have a new Swedish club next year ,so what gives way.

Not taking anything away from his performance, he was magnificent.

Totally crap post, if Zorro can win the meeting then he deserves to be in the GP next season,if you don't like it,don't watch it !!!!!!!

All the very best in next seasons GP Zorro, I for won hope you do well.

This is the GP series not some little veteran league for old boys go before they retire.

Zorro is a nice guy and a good "team player", good to have in you team even if his scores isnt always that good.

I think he was one of the reasons that my now folded team Smederna actually performed better then many expected

and i liked that he was back where he belonged.

But the GPs is no place for him or any other rider of the same standard/career position.

He is already inconsistent in the leagues so how are he going manage a full season - Budgetwise, GP team wise and etc.

I am pleased that we now might have 3 swedes in the GPs next season but not so pleased if Zorro's

qualification means that Antonio wont get a WC.

Zorro also intend to ride in all three leagues next season so he should realize his limits.

he will hardly be a better rider next year or will he?

Or perhaps we should kick all the young ones out and bring in more oldies like Hamill, Loram, Trick, Ermolenko, PK?

That will surely increase the interest in the GPs.

If you dont like younger riders in the Gps well too bad for you then but you dont have to watch.

We all safrican americaned at the images of Terry (Mr Security) taking on that Pole.

If you know Polish speedway you would know that the Pole would have been surrounded by Men in Black if he was back home - but in in Blighty we have 'Terry'!!!! :lol:

The Poles certainly know Security; the Big Fella in charge at Leszno for SWC was built like a Brick - erm - Outhouse! Mind you. I wouldn't have minded being manhandled by some of the Sheilas in Black - Women in Uniform - Beat me Whip me Spank me make me write bad checks - OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! :approve:

Any of youse mob who haven't been to Poland yet and aren't too sure how to go about it could do worse than have a chat with the Girls and Boys from Know-All Tours, I hear their Brewery Tour has to be experienced to be believed!! :lol:

Mine's a Lech, thanks very much. :rolleyes: Oh, all right, better make it two, its a long way to the bar and I wouldn't want to wear you out. :D

QUOTE (bazaar3 @ Sep 19 2009, 02:26 PM)

Got to be joking steve.

Tai should be nurtured and given time. He is nowhere near this level yet.

Plenty of riders who are above him and in better form like Zagar, JD, Richardson, PK, Protasiewicz, Watty and even Adam Shields.

Plenty of time for Tai yet.

Not joking at all. those rider you picked have nothing to do with who gets a BRITISH nomination tho!

I agree there is plenty of time for tai and it might be a season or 2 to early, however think you will find him in the GP`s next season :wink:

Richardson not a Brit then steve.... :wink:

Harris is obviously No 1 but tbh I wouldn't put no other Brit rider in the GP

This is the GP series not some little veteran league for old boys go before they retire.

Wash your mouth out with soap and water....

Do the names Rickardsson, Nielsen and Nilsen ring a bell.

Even Sam Ermolenko on half decent machinery would still be easily good enough for the series.

Zorro has got better whilst the standard around him has dropped. He deserves his place.

Wash your mouth out with soap and water....

Do the names Rickardsson, Nielsen and Nilsen ring a bell.

Even Sam Ermolenko on half decent machinery would still be easily good enough for the series.

Zorro has got better whilst the standard around him has dropped. He deserves his place.

But Is Zorro as good as those? Is other riders like PK, Max Screen as good as those just because they are the same age?

'Its different for different riders. I admit that Greg and Gollob and Adams (at least in the leagues for him) are still good but that doesant means all riders at their age is good too. or does it?

But Is Zorro as good as those? Is other riders like PK, Max Screen as good as those just because they are the same age?

'Its different for different riders. I admit that Greg and Gollob and Adams (at least in the leagues for him) are still good but that doesant means all riders at their age is good too. or does it?

I think this needs some closure.It doesnt matter what you , me , or anyone else thinks.He qualified, with the likes of Lindgren , Bomber, et al in the field.How he prepares for next season due to the GP's is up to him , and no doubt he will do things the best way he sees fit.How would you like to be told in your job that you are too old , even though you have just seen off all the competitors ? Do you see what i'm getting at ? Give the man a break.At the end of next season , it might well be proven that he wasnt up to it.But , he qualified , whilst other riders with 'more ability/younger' didnt.You cant win the raffle if you dont buy a ticket, he did and good luck to him.