3.Hampel

4.Lindgren

5.Harris

You missed Nicholls ........35

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he is the British champion, so who can they legitimately promote above him, it's alright saying Rchardson this and Woffinden that, but neither made the Challenge final, and neither is British Champion.

Richardson 'didn't make the final' because....

Rico is the top brit, in every league - cold hard facts... 8 + average in every league and he rides in the top leagues in poland, sweden and england. He also withdrew from the GP challenge due to illness.

:rolleyes:

None of these riders should be nominated. The whole thing is a farce and is nothing more than a grand travelling circus. Quite rightly some contributors complain about the £25 entrance fee and another £5 for a programme. Would you pay £25 to visit Billy Smart's Circus?

The only riders that deserve to be in any meaningful World Championship are Zetterstrom, Holder and Hampel for the simple reason that they have qualified thus proving their worth through qualifying rounds.

How can you justify asking riders to compete when they didn't even make the last qualifying round let alone win a top three place. Thats why the GP series is so flawed and farcical. When will you guys wake up??? The GP series is repetitive and boring held on sometimes dangerous tracks when riders should be concentrating on riding skills and not missing the next pothole. Apart from that the series has wrecked British speedway. Two to go in this years series - what is there left to race for?

Regards

My lad and I thoroughly enjoyed last nights action & it was great to see it in front of a bumper crowd too!! Well worth the money as well in my opinion. Better to pay £25 to see speedway on a decent racetrack than £60 each at Cardiff to watch highly skilled riders battling with an almost unrideable track.

The atmosphere on the 4th bend was great, which was down to the incredible Polish contingent with their flags and banners, who urged their riders on all night long and were obviously overjoyed to see Jarek qualify for the GP series again.

Important Note - we must both go on a speedway pilgrimage to Poland to take in as many meetings as possible. Reason speedway & passion sure go together :lol:

It was a night of high drama with some dreadful high speed crashes particularly the one involving Pepe, Chris & Freddie. How they all got up and walked away from that one I will never know. Some great on track action provided a thoroughly enjoyable evening and it could have gone on all night long for me.

It was incredible to see the utter amazement on Zorro's face when he realized what he had achieved. Surely the stuff that speedway dreams are made of :lol: Congratulations to him on his well deserved victory and also congratulations to Chris Holder & Jarek Hampel. I wish them all well in next years GP Series as they have qualified in the right way, by doing it on the track!!

I woke up this morning with the chant- Jarek Hampel, Jarek ringing in my ears. As they said in an old song - "oh what a night!"

You seem to be in a minority,alot of people have posted the meeting was very good at all.Very pleased for Zorro.I didsnt go because it was just not good value,You dont have to pay 60 quid for cardiff,you can get in for half that and the atmosphere is fantastic and the racing wasnt bad last year either,the elrc is cheaper with more races and a better line up.

You seem to be in a minority,alot of people have posted the meeting was very good at all.Very pleased for Zorro.I didsnt go because it was just not good value,You dont have to pay 60 quid for cardiff,you can get in for half that and the atmosphere is fantastic and the racing wasnt bad last year either,the elrc is cheaper with more races and a better line up.

Been too Cardiff on 7 occasions now, the last time took my Dad who is 79yrs old and got some expensive seats, on the other times paid less than half of that. Have to agree with you about the atmosphere being great but apart from twice the racing was very poor on a track which rutted terribly and was clearly a danger to all the riders who took part. I agree it adds to the drama but at what cost to the injured riders? The day out at Cardiff is great and to spend a weekend with my speedway buddies is also great. So it's much more of a package than just a speedway meeting. Regardless of what others may say my son & I had a good time last night and we both felt that we got value for money. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. One thing I will say is this - Long Live Speedway :wink:

The atmosphere on the 4th bend was great, which was down to the incredible Polish contingent with their flags and banners, who urged their riders on all night long and were obviously overjoyed to see Jarek qualify for the GP series again.

I woke up this morning with the chant- Jarek Hampel, Jarek ringing in my ears. As they said in an old song - "oh what a night!"

It's great isn't it? And I'll bet by the end of the night you was joining in! :approve:

Glad somebody else enjoyed the speedway last night. :)

Edited by London Witch

My lad and I thoroughly enjoyed last nights action & it was great to see it in front of a bumper crowd too!! Well worth the money as well in my opinion. Better to pay £25 to see speedway on a decent racetrack than £60 each at Cardiff to watch highly skilled riders battling with an almost unrideable track.

Important Note - we must both go on a speedway pilgrimage to Poland to take in as many meetings as possible. Reason speedway & passion sure go together :lol:

It was a night of high drama with some dreadful high speed crashes particularly the one involving Pepe, Chris & Freddie. How they all got up and walked away from that one I will never know. Some great on track action provided a thoroughly enjoyable evening and it could have gone on all night long for me.

It was incredible to see the utter amazement on Zorro's face when he realized what he had achieved. Surely the stuff that speedway dreams are made of :lol: Congratulations to him on his well deserved victory and also congratulations to Chris Holder & Jarek Hampel. I wish them all well in next years GP Series as they have qualified in the right way, by doing it on the track!!

Totally agree with you ! We were on the 4th bend also, with all the Poles ! They are just brilliant, and I continue to admire the way they are so patriotic and really get into the swing of it, support their riders and just have fun and enjoy themsleves. Those huge flags were just great !

I really enjoyed the eveing too and thought the racing was great. :approve:

Funnily enough I too woke up with a chant in my head "Greg-orsz.....Wa-la-sek.......!! Greg-orsz....Wa-la-sek" !!! :)

Edited by zonkers

Totally agree with you ! We were on the 4th bend also, with all the Poles ! They are just brilliant, and I continue to admire the way they are so patriotic and really get into the swing of it, support their riders and just have fun and enjoy themsleves. Those huge flags were just great !

I really enjoyed the eveing too and thought the racing was great. :approve:

Funnily enough I too woke up with a chant in my head "Greg-orsz.....Wa-la-sek.......!! Greg-orsz....Wa-la-sek" !!! :)

They are just magic, are they not?? Have to agree with you about those flags - awesome :lol:

One of the biggest shocks for me was Jonas Davidsson only scoring 3 points, I fancied him to be in with a shout. Kenny Bjerre only getting 6 was a suprise but then he looks quite capable of finishing in the top 8 anyway.

I think a Brit will be given a wildcard entry for 'commercial' reasons, which I don't agree with at all, the GP should only have the best riders involved.

It's a sad fact that none of the Brits have what it takes at GP level at the moment.

ZORRO YOU LIL BEAUTY.......I had a small feeling you could upset the applecart. :approve:

On his day I have seen him beat just about anyone in the world and the guy fully deserves because since he went through a rough patch and dropped to PL, he turned his confidence totally around and tbh is in the best form of his life after winning the Swedish Championship last season and now this.

And a huge well done to Chris Holder making it a Poole based 1-2 who also on current form deserved to sail through and will liven up the GP's for sure along hopefully with Zorro's Staying Alive dancing.

Those 2 together could probably double the GP ratings.... :shock:

I enjoyed the LONG meeting!!!

the crashes were spectacular and sickening at the same time.

Hope Walasek is ok, thankfully the others got up and carried on.

Highlight for me was the polish fans - you cant fault there passion.

Zetterstrom got a deserved win and the biggest surprise of the night. Gotta congragulate his win even if he looks completely out of his level in the GP`s.

Holder as expected and will be a welcome addition to the series.

Hampel. his only chance and took it with gusto. Deserves his chance.

Our Freddie - dont think he has anything to worry about regards being in next seasons GP. Hopefully he will qualify on his own but cant see him not getting a pick anyway.

Bomber blew his chance, although having the unproductive outside gates didnt help early on. Finished well but think his only chance was to be in the top 3 to get back in the GP`s.

So, which Brit????

Woffinden is as good as rubber stamped in as one of the wild cards. so, who else?????

Who deserves a chance???

Bomber?? i like him but he`s done nothing since his 1st half good start to his first year.

Nicholls?? cant see it at all. He`s always been top brit so perhaps deserved his place. This year, not at all.

Richardson??? As top averaged Brit maybe he should, but he`s been there and NOT done it so why now???

As for who else, i really couldnt say if there is anyone that really deserves the chance in all honesty. Dont think anyone is at a decent level enough in all countries to earn it.

Maybe its time to admit that we deserve just 1 pick as we dont have any good big stage riders right now.

It's great isn't it? And I'll bet by the end of the night you was joining in! :approve:

Glad somebody else enjoyed the speedway last night. :)

Yeah won't forget last night in a hurry!! Now trying to convince my wife to let the lad and I go to Poland next season, keeping everything crossed. Fancy that new stadium in Torun first :wink: well you can always dream :lol:

Woffinden is as good as rubber stamped in as one of the wild cards. so, who else?????

Got to be joking steve.

Tai should be nurtured and given time. He is nowhere near this level yet.

Plenty of riders who are above him and in better form like Zagar, JD, Richardson, PK, Protasiewicz, Watty and even Adam Shields.

Plenty of time for Tai yet. :approve:

zorro in the Gps what a f*****g joke he van hardly score more then 5-6p in Elitserien.

Cant really understand why he bothers coz he will be next years Nicholls.

Cant say im looking forward to another veteran in the GPS :angry::mad:

Sorry cant agree with that,in my opion Zorro has got better the older he has got but Scott going the other way!!. look out when zorro gets to 40 whats he gonna be like?!!!!

The meeting last night was fast & furious, maybe that's the reason for very little overtaking, there was plenty of dirt down as photos have proven.

The incidents we're horrific & thankfully there's very little in the way of injury, best of luck to Grzegorsz.

The Poles are amazing aren't they with their flags & chanting, the guy on the back straight that kept running onto the dog track was right in front of where we stood, naughty boy but very funny.

If only speedway could generate these crowds all the time.................if only.

Edited by colincooke

Glad somebody else enjoyed the speedway last night.

I thought it was a great evening and it was lovely to see the Brandon terraces packed.

Yes, it did go on for ages but my dog Molly lay down on a blanket for the whole time. What a little trooper. :lol: Mind you she did shoot into the hedge when the fireworks went off right at the end - I wasn't expecting them.

Nice to catch up with some old friends - Startline Sid and Ralph (the Airdale) who was also really well behaved as usual, although Molly wouldn't let him share her blanket. Nasty dog. :P Also good to meet Zonkers for the first time, KevH, London Witch, Hayley & James.

On to Monday now where I feel it will be a sight lot draughtier on the 4th bend with all the empty spaces. :sad:

Got to be joking steve.

Tai should be nurtured and given time. He is nowhere near this level yet.

Plenty of riders who are above him and in better form like Zagar, JD, Richardson, PK, Protasiewicz, Watty and even Adam Shields.

Plenty of time for Tai yet. :approve:

Not joking at all. those rider you picked have nothing to do with who gets a BRITISH nomination tho!

I agree there is plenty of time for tai and it might be a season or 2 to early, however think you will find him in the GP`s next season :wink:

The meeting last night was fast & furious, maybe that's the reason for very little overtaking, there was plenty of dirt down as photos have proven.

The incidents we're horrific & thankfully there's very little in the way of injury, best of luck to Grzegorsz.

The Poles are amazing aren't they with their flags & chanting, the guy on the back straight that kept running onto the dog track was right in front of where we stood, naughty boy but very funny.

If only speedway could generate these crowds all the time.................if only.

the thing that stuck wih me about the Poles CC was the way the politely `mocked` the Brits reservedness by politely clapping and saying `bravo` when the poles didnt win. They are of course totally spot on.

No wonder Polish speedway is so good and well supported - they BLEED it!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Well it wasn't !! And it WAS packed !! :blink:

Ok then, it would have been more packed :wink:

Woffinden is as good as rubber stamped in as one of the wild cards

Is he?

Too early for the young man in my opinion. Might get a sniff if he wins in Croatia next month but otherwise I can't see it. Lee Richardson would be the Brit pick for me; fair enough he has been there and failed before but he seems to be in the form of his career right now and impressed greatly during his SWC appearance.

Edited by Bagpuss