British Speedway Forum

Grand Prix Challenge.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to Friday September 18th I see this years Grand Prix Challenge is due to be held at Coventry.

Does anyone know if Sky has any intention of covering this meeting?

They don't normally!!

I reckon this meeting will suffer a disappointing turnout from supporters!

With "Lemo's Big One" being on the same night and Jason Crump amongst the names riding there, it could be a crowd stealer. It comes to something when folk from Cov will be travelling to Somerset rather than going to Brandon!!

Does anyone know if Sky has any intention of covering this meeting?

It's possible. The GP challenge is normally covered by a local broadbcaster.

I'm almost certainly going to Someset that night, Crump, Zagar and PK at Somerset vs Zorro, Smoli and Nieminen at Brandon. Not a hard decision!

What IS the line-up then..? :unsure:

Funny that people say the GPs are so great but there's little interest in the only meeting which actually allows people to qualify (rather than be selected by someone at a desk!) for it!! :blink:

Contrast with the huge interest in the past and huge excitement of penultimate rounds of the World Championship: the '76 & '77 Intercontinental Finals at Wembley & White City respectively spring to mind.... :approve:

Edited by Parsloes 1928 nearly

25 quid to stand where I normally stand at a league match for what isn't a stunning line-up isn't appealing.
Not a stunning line up, but not a bad one either ..... Some people have paid £65 for next years Cardiff GP tickets, without the guarantee that the racing will be any good. :blink:

What IS the line-up then..? :unsure:

GP Challenge Line Up

Edited by Shadders

Funny that people say the GPs are so great but there's little interest in the only meeting which actually allows people to qualify (rather than be selected by someone at a desk!) for it!! :blink:

Contrast with the huge interest in the past and huge excitement of penultimate rounds of the World Championship: the '76 & '77 Intercontinental Finals at Wembley & White City respectively spring to mind.... :approve:

Because it is a usually a couple of duffers who qualify...... :unsure:

The reason its the "only meeting which actually allows people to qualify" is because there have been 6 other meeting to get to this point, thats excluding any National rounds held by each country. Every half decent rider in the UK had the chance to qualify.

25 quid to stand where I normally stand at a league match for what isn't a stunning line-up isn't appealing.

if it is £25 per person for this i have just changed my mind about comimg to this one there is no way i am going to pay £50 plus programe will just watach on upadtes .

Was thinking of attending this but having second thoughts now that I've seen it's £25 to get in :shock:

We was at the GP Challenge last year at Zielona Gora and i doubt there was 1000 people there tickets there was well over priced and the Poles stayed away i would have hope lessons would have been learned from last season on ticket prices but by the sound of things they have not . This should be a very good meeting just a shame not many will be there to see it if Sky cover it there will be even less there .

We was at the GP Challenge last year at Zielona Gora and i doubt there was 1000 people there tickets there was well over priced and the Poles stayed away i would have hope lessons would have been learned from last season on ticket prices but by the sound of things they have not . This should be a very good meeting just a shame not many will be there to see it if Sky cover it there will be even less there .

I doubt Sky will cover - they havent any other year!

And as you say - last year the stadium was empty. The ZG fans were not prepared to pay the over inflated prices (or couldnt pay) but I guess they think us Brits are stupid enough to pay out!!!

HHmm - we shall see!!!!! :unsure:

I

The ZG fans were not prepared to pay the over inflated prices (or couldnt pay) but I guess they think us Brits are stupid enough to pay out!!!

Should be a full house then .