British Speedway Forum

Gary Peterson Memorial Trophy 03/08

My favourite Ward moment was his strop after being blocked out by Sundstrom. Extremely exciting to watch all meeting but like Bridger, needed to use his head a bit more at times rather than just his throttle hand

I know exactly what you mean.....he has come on no end in that respect since his first few meetings this season and will continue to learn but tries to do it all on the first lap at times, such as the PL Pairs semi. Very easy to forget that the boy hasn't long turned 17, every Wednesday its like watching a rider with several years experience.

Has that bit of devil about him too in that he doesn't like coming second which I like, typical Aussie I suppose.

Good to see Linus score in all of his rides too.....very different to Darcy as a rider, I would describe him as steady rather than spectacular. Very good prospect nonetheless.

Would have loved to have gone last night, its the type of meeting I would enjoy and it would be good to see something similar arranged at Lynn before the season is out.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pleased to see our Kenni being the top non Wolves rider in the field despite having never rode it before. Although Bach wasn't higher placed, both our Danes have that knack of improving and getting more points in their later rides. It bodes well for their and our team fortunes that they take it in and do something positive that improves them as a rider.

Agree with Bagpuss these formats using top up and coming star riders is great entertainment and gives you an image of a rider before he makes it big. :approve:

Great meetings, pity I didn't live nearer for last nights meeting. :neutral:

:blink::blink:

Contact the track itself

Wolverhampton Speedway

Labroke Stadium,

Sutherland Avenue,

Wolverhampton

WV2 2JJ

or email in at <info@wolverhampton-speedway.com>

Interesting to see certain riders at the meeting, Darcy Ward as expected battled hard and could have scored more but for a rider drifting as he went to pass two in one move. Lewis Bridger who made a big run around the pack only to be suprised by a rider coming up alo9ngside him that caused him to go wide and under the fence while Kenni Larsen looked pretty good.

Ty Proctor battled hard while William Lawson yet again showed his true Monmore Green form with a great runners up spot.

Really though, Tai was way ahead and never looked like losing the top spot as the other impressive rider was Nicolai Klindt who messed up his first ride by locking up while leading on the first bend, causing a rider to fall.

Joe Haines ended up replacing the unlucky Andrew Tully, but Joe struggled until his final ride as he challenged Lawson and Larsen all the way in heat 17.

Thanks for the info - appreciate it!

Good meeting with a very interesting line-up.

I expected Tai to dominate from the off, which he did.

Think he didn't bother passing Nicolai in his last race simply because he didn't need to.

Nic and William were very impressive, as was Darcy and of course Ty.

I was also impressed with Kenni Larsen, he is a definite 'one to watch'

Then of course there was the riders that quietly went about scoring consistently like Linus Sundstrom- who I didn't notice had scored so well until after finishing my programme.

Some really good racing, and a nice way to remember Gary.

Huge shame about Andrew Tully, at the track they said he had simply aggrevated an earlier injury but now it appears it's more serious than that :(

Well done Tai, William and Nicolai :approve:

And the Wolves management for putting the meeting on.

Edited by NicWolves